2 hours ago, jenius said:

You can deny it, you can swear it was awful and ineffective, but that's what they were trying to do.

Yeah that definitely was a poor effort.  I’ll have to check out the rest of that special. 

Edit: of course maybe that style was just “in” at the time. 

Edited by ErikElvis

2 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Who’s judging the whole of Star Wars on this special?  OT is where it’s at for me. 

Hopefully no one.  It is good to know that Star Wars went from the original movie to THAT to Empire Strikes Back.  If they could make such horrible drivel between two excellent movies then we can have hope for the franchise in the future.

10 hours ago, Bolt said:

It was 1978 CBS tv.. are we really judging SW by this? It was also the first time Boba Fett was introduced.

That was the only point, that there was a special intro made for Boba, that was all.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, Thom said:

You know things are getting 'rough' when someone shows up in a spurting bubble suit...

There are parts in that movie that remind me of stuff Plinkett pointed out in those Prequel reviews. That Finn scene is just one of them. His whole pointless "adventure" just because the lady with the pink hair didn't want to or feel that she should communicate to people in her command was one of the dumbest things I've seen.

And speaking of Boba Fett, he was a cool character to me when I was a kid. There was a mystery to him and the other bounty hunters in Empire Strikes Back. I think I had all of those figures. I'm glad we will get to see that robot in the upcoming TV series. Boba Fett did come back in the comics too if people read I think Dark Empire. I'm sure many would take those comics and book stories compared to the two movies we have now. And I think Boba Fett's fate in Return of the Jedi was fine. After all he was attempting to aim at Luke when Han got the lucky hit on his jetpack.

You mean Back to the Days of Future Voyages Home? :lol: 

I do give the general SW universe some credit for never actually going down the time travel/multiverse hole, but at the same time, I'm thinking a multiverse angle for the EU is sounding better and better all the time.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, Black Valkyrie said:

Nicely done....if Vader were really there though, he would have mopped the floor with Kylo Ren's corpse.

Just now, peter said:

Nicely done....if Vader were really there though, he would have mopped the floor with Kylo Ren's corpse.

If Vader were really there, there wouldn't have been a fight... Darth Daddyissues would've been licking Vader's boots without needing to be asked.

• 2 weeks later...

I was reading the possible spoiler about that Sith Trooper and someone reminded me of that terrible JJ Abrams tie into Alias in the Star Trek reboot with the giant red ball. That was another thing I hated about the Star Trek reboot. It shouldn't be part of some Bad Robot Universe. Even though Alias was great for the first couple of seasons. I seriously hope that we won't get more stuff like that in this next Star Wars movie.

On 7/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, peter said:

they never read the comic where Vader fought a clone of Maul and defeated him by stabbing through himself to kill the former apprentice.

5 hours ago, Knight26 said:

they never read the comic where Vader fought a clone of Maul and defeated him by stabbing through himself to kill the former apprentice.

maybe they did, back when they were filming the 2nd POS film [to kill Snoke]. That fan film is arguably far better than what they have done in cannon. Ignoring all the stupid parts, the way they have done KR is still a modern thing. So much potential to have made the 3rd triology epic... and they just filled it with retardation.

Edited by TehPW
clarification

10 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I was reading the possible spoiler about that Sith Trooper and someone reminded me of that terrible JJ Abrams tie into Alias in the Star Trek reboot with the giant red ball. That was another thing I hated about the Star Trek reboot. It shouldn't be part of some Bad Robot Universe. Even though Alias was great for the first couple of seasons. I seriously hope that we won't get more stuff like that in this next Star Wars movie.

I mean.. I'll be honest, I'm not even sure if them trying to work in a Star Trek crossover would make anything worse.

At this point, I've fairly well written off this trilogy as a lost cause, and worse than a lot of fanfic I've read, so as long as we're diving down that particular gravity well, they may as well go for broke, and throw both fanbases something to rage over for the next few decades. :p 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah, but...

Screen Accurate Design

External: Cotton

Internal: Viscose Lining

Pockets: Five Outside and Two Inside Pockets

Color: Black

How can they claim "screen accurate" if it's black?  :huh:

star-wars-empire-strikes-back-han-solo-j

That's a head-scratcher worthy of Rian Johnson himself.  <_<

3 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yeah, but...

Yeah, and it’s missing the arm pocket too.

Chris

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Yeah, but...

I posted the store link from this article...

https://geektyrant.com/news/this-han-solo-jacket-is-mostly-great-with-one-big-problem

In it it looks like it has the correct pocket count...but I suppose it does look more black than blue....guess if you want full Star Wars "geek" cred...it would be best to do some research before ordering, lest you be the laughing stock among other Star Wars geeks...like these guys! ;)

geekcomiccon08.jpg

Haha. Oh the silliness... years ago there was a guy on evilbay selling tailor made Solo “smugglers Jackets” ala ESB. They were zippered up the front and made of cotton duck cloth in any color available.

Yep, I ordered one. I had him ad an inside breast pocket, as it didn’t come with any. I also had him add elbow patches and had it done in gray, which is more of a bluish gray. I love it and anytime I wear it people dig it , even though none of them recognize it. Lol. 

No thank you, the YouTube videos and other articles usually just turn out to be nothing more than click-bait. Besides in this case I'd prefer to be as surprised as possible.

Was just a little concerned clicking through all the talk about jackets and the Last Jedi and, and, and, and, and, and, that wasn't really related to Episode IX. :lol:

I am looking forward to additional trailers as we get closer to release.

-b.

19 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, but...

At least have it come with the shirt underneath, to make up for lack of arm-pocket. That's half the look right there. Also having Han Solo's face instead of my own...

Edited by Thom

One of those outdoor hiking / adventure type clothing outfits had Original Trilogy winter jackets a few years ago. They sold out quickly. I remember checking the news story and then the link and they were gone.

9 hours ago, JetJockey said:

They sold out quickly. I remember checking the news story and then the link and they were gone.

That's 'cause the scalpers got 'em all.  eBay is literally inundated with those Columbia jackets now.  <_<