48 minutes ago, Bolt said:

That’s right. This would be Sidious telling a different version from what we heard in ROTS. And yes! Sidious was a consummate list and manipulator, so this gives JJ the wiggle room he needs to make ROTS even “better” cough,cough. While making franchise history with episode 9...(can you hear the sarcasm?)

Given it's Sideous talking, odds are it's no more true than his previous version.  

48 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I’m not holding my breadth on any of this stuff. The Lame beyond comparison utube you included is just as likely to be true as well..

My apologies, sympathies, and so on.

24 minutes ago, Kelsain said:

"You wanna know how I got these scars?"

Jeez Rey, you can't just ask why someone's face looks like a scrotum!  Have some manners...

Spoiler

Another potentially leaked plot.  Basically it's Dark Empire with JJ Flare.  Seems better than the other "leaked" plot, but still weak overall.  I have a feeling that Disney might be "leaking" multiple plots but none of them will be real.  

4 hours ago, Knight26 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Another potentially leaked plot.  Basically it's Dark Empire with JJ Flare.  Seems better than the other "leaked" plot, but still weak overall.  I have a feeling that Disney might be "leaking" multiple plots but none of them will be real.  

That would make sense given JJ has zero original ideas.

4 hours ago, Knight26 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This strikes me as a particularly bad idea... the writing in the Star Wars sequel trilogy is dodgy enough as it is, never mind J.J. Abrams's task of unf*cking the story after The Last Jedi is a battle that isn't so much "uphill" as "scaling a sheer vertical wall ten miles high".  Leaking a bunch of fake plots for the movie exponentially increases the odds that they're going to put out a "leak" that sounds significantly better than the plot they end up going with.

Jar Jar's going to make an appearance.  The actor's presence at Star Wars Celebration wasn't prominent, and he hasn't been relevant for a while but I was wondering why they bothered to dig him up after all this time. 

Palpatine's laugh was inserted to throw everyone off, divert attention away from the true threat.

I just did a Star Wars movie marathon with my friends this weekend. A new hope/ Empire strikes back and Return of the Jedi. And I realise what's lacking in the new movies. Everything the originals had!!!!! Well besides that, it was the credibility of the characters. They are real people with realistic out looks and feelings, and reacted to situations in a realistic way which gave credibility to the story. That's why I love them. They have whit and intelligence. Not the slap stick representations of real humans they have in the new ones. The Star Wars movie you want to see is right there in your DVD cabinet go pull it out and watch it. You'll be glad you did. I've decided I'll definitely wait for a week or two before I see the next one.

11 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I just hope Disney would release the original version of the original trilogy on BluRay, or at least the Special Edition. But anything better than that moster Lucas released on BluRay 

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Despecialized Editions, right?

4 hours ago, jammaker said:

The Star Wars movie you want to see is right there in your DVD cabinet go pull it out and watch it. You'll be glad you did. I've decided I'll definitely wait for a week or two before I see the next one.

The Star Wars movie I want to see is the one where the Galactic Empire's human resources people try to send Darth Vader to take an anger management class in a vain hope that they can get him to stop using his space magic to murder his direct reports every time he's given bad news.

I like to think the Imperial forces have their own version of the Peter Principle called the Vader Principle... that the most ambitious, least competent officers are systematically promoted to the place where they have the least opportunity to damage Imperial interests: the bridge of Lord Vader's flagship.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

55 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Bought? I thought they were only distributed through torrent?

That’s what I thought too. I only have a tablet anyway not to mention I’m computer stupid and get completely lost with torrents and such.

Chris

57 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Might have to track down the art books, I like the idea of them but never/rarely pull the trigger on purchasing them.

-b.

Do it...you can get them all dirt cheap too if you don't mind used or non-1st prints....find a seller that has more than one of them to save on shipping or find a listing with free shipping...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=the+art+of+star+wars&_sacat=0&_sop=15

I have always been curious about the harmy edits....I have seen the listings on ebay, but have never been tempted enough....

Has anyone here bought them off ebay?  Are they worth it?  I see the cheapest set is 40 bucks.

Edited by jvmacross

I've got the original Star Wars Definitive Collection Box set on Laserdisc, which are the orginal theatrical releases as far as I know.  More of a display piece than anything else now.  It was always a chore to watch it on my old player, as the discs were double sided and three discs per move made for about 25 minutes of watching before getting up and flipping or changing out a disc!  Whew! LOL! I skipped the "Special Edition" DVD's and bought the original releases on DVD, then of course the Blu-Ray set of all 6 including the prequels.  The "Extra Features" discs for the old DVD Box set were excellent and had a LOT more stuff than the lame Blu-Ray box set did. Glad I kept those! 

I got the De-Specialized versions a few years back from a buddy as digital files, they look good,  but I'm not sure they are the remastered ones...I would like to have those on my hard drive, but I don't wanna actually PAY for them from some Ebay shark.  

15 hours ago, Dobber said:

That’s what I thought too. I only have a tablet anyway not to mention I’m computer stupid and get completely lost with torrents and such.

The Ultimate Introductory Guide has instructions to download from a file sharing website. Not difficult, just tedious.

The last time I did it (a couple of years ago), I didn't want to install any programs on my PC, so I downloaded the parts one by one.

Edited by nhyone
Updated link.

1 hour ago, peter said:

I really liked Undercover Boss with Kylo Ren......they should do one with Palpatine.

That could get messy.

Is the novel Darth Plagueis still canon-ish?  From what I've read, he was kind of a high-functioning psychopath from a very young age.

7 hours ago, peter said:

I really liked Undercover Boss with Kylo Ren......they should do one with Palpatine.

I don't know? If Palpatine is anything like Kylo Ren as a boss he'd "Staight up suck."................Sorry couldn't help myself.

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Was it this thread where the Star Wars Hiatus was discussed?  At any rate we now know how long said hiatus will last - three years.  Unless they change their mind of course.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/media/disney-star-wars-avatar-movie-release/index.html

If this movie tanks, expect those 3 years to be 4 or 5. Also, schedules can change. The Mouse might be reserving the slot in case something good comes up.