I remember getting what I thought were all the magazines for Episode 1 back then and a Vanity Fair issue with I think the same photographer. Seems like the hype continues. But I don't fall for it anymore. I don't know how they could make six (I'll include the new one too) profitable Star Wars movies that I don't believe are good at all. Six movies that I'll most likely never watch again.

At least the issue for Episode I leaked out the opening crawl.

But yeah, heavy on the hype, but light on addressing the fan backlash.

What little is discussed in the article still does not motivate me to watch this.

The scary thing is that after all is said and done, TFA might be the best entry out of this particular trilogy.  I for one thought TFA hit all the high points, TLJ was a turd looking for a toilet bowl, we'll see if TROS is redeeming in anyway.  So far, I'm not thrilled.  I guess they are gearing the trilogy to the millennials and youngish viewers.  May be it'll resonate with them, but I doubt it, people will know crap when they see it.

Well, if nothing else I'm interested to see how Weekend at Luke's will either finish flying the franchise into the ground like Vader's flagship in Return of the Jedi or if they'll just narrowly miss complete disaster like the Millennium Falcon in The Force Awakens...

I liked Rogue One so much I got one of these Mondo posters.

1541330825_RogueOneMondoPoster.png.78090753bbbc836031762072dfef4a7f.png

I was really hoping after that snow fight in Force Awakens that Rey would turn into a cool character and the movies would be good. Also as much as I dislike the prequels, I still have some items from those movies.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Well, if nothing else I'm interested to see how Weekend at Luke's will either finish flying the franchise into the ground like Vader's flagship in Return of the Jedi or if they'll just narrowly miss complete disaster like the Millennium Falcon in The Force Awakens...

It ends with a whimper..and the sound of a paycheck slapped on the desk..

• 1 month later...

...I mean, I liked TFA and parts of TLJ, but that new Storm Trooper = big time fail, I mean just call it anything other than a Sith Trooper. Especially with no light saber or force-weapon to be seen.

-b.

28 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

...I mean, I liked TFA and parts of TLJ, but that new Storm Trooper = big time fail, I mean just call it anything other than a Sith Trooper. Especially with no light saber or force-weapon to be seen.

-b.

The handguard beneath the barrel houses a "lightbayonet" weapon.

Talking out of my butt here, but c'mon look what we're working with.

I really liked TFA. TLJ was a poor cousin, and I'm hoping the final act will land with the follow through from all the promised leads in the Force Awakens. A high note it needs to be ended on...

Does the Sith Trooper have anything to do with the actual Sith, or are they just reusing the name? (Me, I think it was not a bright idea to change the Sith/Jedi dynamic in the first place, though Darth Kenny does not have the greatest ring to it...) Would love it they brought back the Sith!

Looking at the article, I think Richard E Grant looks damn cool in Imperial black. From that image alone, I wish General Pryde had been a constant through all three films. Guy looks serious AF!

I gave the Death Troopers in Rogue One a pass. But these Sith Troopers are too silly. I don't think any of the Storm Trooper designs in the new trilogy are there to do anything other than sell figures or statues for people that need every version. We had people hyping that chrome female Storm Trooper and she did next to nothing in two movies. I guess she's finally dead but I wouldn't be surprised if she makes a come back in this third movie.

• azrael changed the title to Star Wars Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker, in theaters Dec 20, 2019

Kids don't play with toys let alone SW toys anymore, unless their parents were fans. Good luck with the merchandise Disney...ya gonna need it because once genX dies so does the franchise.