sh9000

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I'll do you one better. . .

Hide contents

Why/where is Gamora? 

She didn't get snapped out with the rest of Thanos' hoard, right?

Maybe that’ll be part of the plot...the search.

Chris

Spoiler

Well, you're Snapped until your unSnapped, so if she is... But I don't think so. Rather than having that kind-of corny 'I'm in charge' argument, they would have been wondering where she was.

Then again, I didn't see her on the Bennitar at the end... Did I miss seeing her?

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:32 AM, Dobber said:

Maybe that’ll be part of the plot...the search.

Chris

Ditto.  We can see Quill's searching for her [coordinates?] on the ship's control screen before everybody else comes on board at the end of Endgame.  My money says they'll definitely be "searching for Spock." 

With all the bru ha ha over J. Gunn's earlier dismissal, the discontent that it caused, with cast members rallying to his support [D. Bautista seemed 'bout ready to start burning some bridges, eh?], I just hope it doesn't/hasn't altered the chemistry between cast & crew that helped make the earlier movies so successful.  

Edited by reddsun1

On 4/29/2019 at 3:41 PM, Thom said:
  Hide contents

Well, you're Snapped until your unSnapped, so if she is... But I don't think so. Rather than having that kind-of corny 'I'm in charge' argument, they would have been wondering where she was.

Then again, I didn't see her on the Bennitar at the end... Did I miss seeing her?

Spoiler

She wasn't at the funeral either.  Quill was looking at an image of her before everyone came into the shot, suggest to me that maybe they'll be looking for her in the next film,

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Thom said:

The only one who really hasn't had his past explored.

Him and Mantis.

Groot gets a pass because original Groot is dead and we all know how Baby/Teenage/Young Adult Groot came about.

-b.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • sh9000 changed the title to Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 - May 5, 2023
  • 4 months later...

Yeah, but I trust James Gunn to know how to mix the irreverent comedy with the heart-tugging moments.

He’s done it with the previous two, and he showed it was no fluke with Peacemaker.

16 hours ago, Mog said:

Yeah, but I trust James Gunn to know how to mix the irreverent comedy with the heart-tugging moments.

He’s done it with the previous two, and he showed it was no fluke with Peacemaker.

Super was pretty fun as well. He really has a thing for Kevin Bacon and superhero’s 

I've heard a rumor that although he's largely uncredited James Gunn was actually instrumental on writing/editing a good majority of the Phase 2-3 films in the background.  He seems to have a better idea/reverence of the source material than most and his lack of presence seems felt basically from Endgame on.  Only the Christmas Special and this Guardians 3 trailer still feels like the previous Phases.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just watched it today.

Clocking in at 2.5 hours, it is a pretty long film.

If you've liked the past two Guardians movies and the Christmas special, you should know what you'll be getting at this point.

It does mix the silly stupid humor with the heart-pulling moments.  But they are a "found family," so they're gonna have their bickering bits but still deeply love one another at their core.

Dumb observations:

Spoiler
  • Should have seen it coming, but good gravy was that effed up killing Rocket's buddies like that!
  • Did get a laugh at Quill not knowing how to drive (and shows that the writers are paying SOME attention to the details).
  • "Robocop-lookin', Skeletor wannabe"? . . . Yup, Quill's a freakin' child stuck in the 80's.
  • Could have swore I saw Quill put a detonator on one of the bad guy's butt (during the hallway fight), but didn't see the pay off of an explosion.
  • Poor Cosmo!  You're NOT a bad dog. :lol:
  • Guess Quill doesn't keep the mask with him anymore? :huh: I get why they messed with us like that, but I can't be the only one wondering about that bit.

Edited by Mog

Not gonna watch that. ^^ It ruins the experience.;)

It was a good movie., as usual with the GotG gang. A nice mix of humor and drama with quite a few bittersweet moments. Sad it's the last one, though I hope we will see these characters again.

Spoiler

Especially as the final credit scene said that the 'Legendary Star Lord will return!' I hope it's in another movie of his own and not as a 'guest star' in another characters.

The one thing I didn't like was the ship. I miss the beauty of the Milano!

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Hide contents

The one thing I didn't like was the ship. I miss the beauty of the Milano!

Yah, the Bowie’s just too bulbous.  

Spoiler

I get the cool split feature.  

But the Milano is a delicious treat with a great look!

• sh9000 changed the title to Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3