Calibre Wings 1/72 F-14D Diecast Macross Custom

seti88

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, seti88 said:

On the calibre wings fb page they have an upcoming over the ocean dio stand that looks interesting...

32191372_905047203030668_540728497006444544_o.jpg.460eb374dce6efc9c7fb1a9391d145f1.jpg

What if, that display diorama stand is going to fit our 1/60 VF-1's? Imagine, three of those along with a Premium Finish SDF-1 as a backdrop with a matching 'Dog Fighter' track? :rolleyes:

VF1-ocean.jpg.750901c0ff1765d83e26bb3089e32888.jpg

Perfect display, right? ^_^ 

46 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Haha yea that would be awfully nice if it did fit 1/60 scale vf-1s :rolleyes: 

I doubt it tho and am not sure how secure it would be for 1/60 scale valks too if it did as vf-1 thrusters aren't exactly round..

In Yeti we trust, my friend. ;)

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks for the link sildani...Love it! :wub::wub:

34393616_917871788414876_2873298151400275968_o.thumb.jpg.3b7d78aa61318b5bfa4a7d9f3f7b2d62.jpg

Oh well one can hope its available somehow outside of SDCC..

That!!! is pure insanity!! so gorgeous! Even though im letting a lot of my Macross stuff go, these F-14's by Calibre Wings are definitely keepers!

I hope they don't cheap out on the assembly or packaging this time, and go with the full set of trays the other Calibre releases get.  The packaging on my Hikaru 1J version left the nose gear all broken apart because they packed it with the extended gear mounted, instead of retracted like all the other versions (no broken pieces thankfully, but the gear had to be glued together again), and the QC was nowhere near the other releases I have from Calibre.  Gappy assembly, chipped paint, bent-upward wings, and parts without enough glue. 

It's not terrible exactly, and still displays nicely, but it's a large step down from the quality level of my VF-1 and VF-142 F-14As.  Makes me curious if the Robotech releases are using a different factory.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 minute ago, Chronocidal said:

I hope they don't cheap out on the assembly or packaging this time, and go with the full set of trays the other Calibre releases get.  The packaging on my Hikaru 1J version left the nose gear all broken apart because they packed it with the extended gear down, instead of retracted like all the other versions (no broken pieces thankfully, but the gear had to be glued together again), and the QC was nowhere near the other releases I have from Calibre.  Gappy assembly, chipped paint, bent-upward wings, and parts without enough glue. 

It's not terrible exactly, and still displays nicely, but it's a large step down from the quality level of my VF-1 and VF-142 F-14As.  Makes me curious if the Robotech releases are using a different factory.

From what I've read on these, the Hikaru seems to be generally worse (quality-wise) than the Roy, so it may just have been a specific run rather than a different factory.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in the cards so far. They’ll be at other cons beside SDCC, but this is a con exclusive. 

19 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

IMG_0048-1024x768.jpg

These con-exclusives are SDF Macross branded products. I wonder if they'll be released to the general public under the Robotech brand.

Either way, I'm seriously tempted to get one. If only one of them happened to come with a Minmay figure...

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks.....

There is a cool M0 F-14 custom on ebay.....I'd get it but got the SDCC F-14 D type instead....

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Zero-1-72-Die-Cast-Metal-F-14-Custom-Calibre-Wings-Model/323343838015?hash=item4b48cb6b3f:g:aZ4AAOSwYXBbRdjq

Wow! That one looks awesome. They did a great job on it. I was scared about getting these things because I could easily get sucked in to buying a fleet of F-14’s but I’m more interested in getting real world decos and after getting my first one, I’m impressed but also a bit let down about the finicky weapons so I think I’m done with them and I’ll be happy with the one I have. That carrier deck you got though...hmmmm. 

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Wow! That one looks awesome. They did a great job on it. I was scared about getting these things because I could easily get sucked in to buying a fleet of F-14’s but I’m more interested in getting real world decos and after getting my first one, I’m impressed but also a bit let down about the finicky weapons so I think I’m done with them and I’ll be happy with the one I have. That carrier deck you got though...hmmmm. 

Agreed on the finicky ordinance.....actually....just the ordinance that attaches to the side....more specifically the sidewinders.....the phoenix missiles attach well enough.

46 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed on the finicky ordinance.....actually....just the ordinance that attaches to the side....more specifically the sidewinders.....the phoenix missiles attach well enough.

Yep, exactly! Those side pylons are a pain and they are the most visible from most angles so that makes it more annoying. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, juice14 said:

@jvmacross The TSM deck says its 1/200 scale but fits right in with your 1/72 stuff.... I've only found the 1 piece .... is there more so you can snap on .... like buildings and such?

The deck I purchased is 1/72.....the same line offers 2 different tractors and a ground crew set....no other accessories so far