Calibre Wings 1/72 F-14D Diecast Macross Custom

seti88

Mine arrived today as well. Thankfully, my box wasn’t so beat up...slightly beat up but nothing like that! Yikes.

As for the model itself, it is an absolute thing of BEAUTY! Calibre has really out done themselves! Absolutely gorgeous. The weathering is amazing for a mass produced item. Hats off to you Noel and Calibre.:hi:

Chris

48 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Mine arrived today as well. Thankfully, my box wasn’t so beat up...slightly beat up but nothing like that! Yikes.

As for the model itself, it is an absolute thing of BEAUTY! Calibre has really out done themselves! Absolutely gorgeous. The weathering is amazing for a mass produced item. Hats off to you Noel and Calibre.:hi:

Chris

Now all they have to do is train the shipping department.:D

Did your shipments have the plastic corner pieces on the corners of the model box to give it some protection/rigidity while inside the shipping box? Mine did and still got a little banged up but nothing even close to what you guys got. 

Chris

1 minute ago, Dobber said:

Did your shipments have the plastic corner pieces on the corners of the model box to give it some protection/rigidity while inside the shipping box? Mine did and still got a little banged up but nothing even close to what you guys got. 

Chris

Oh yeah, the corners of mine were mint. The in between parts were the problem.:rofl:

I really is some grade F packaging. People underestimate how hard good packaging is. And how expensive. My shipping department spends a lot of money on boxes, packing material, foam expanders, etc. I even bought one of the machines that make the "big" air/packing pillows (6x4"). That sucker was worth every penny. On top of that all of the bigger boxes are packed with smaller boxes inside like Tetris. Figuring all of that out was a lot of work while staying with standard production boxes. It's paid off though. I've never had a damaged product. And that's saying something when the boxes are big and around 75lb. The shipping companies tend to drop those....off building I think.:p

2 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

Yeah but that’s not gonna protect anything.  It needed something around the box inside for reenforcement.  

I’ve contacted Calibre Wings for some type of compensation.  I just can’t accept this kind of packaging. 

de972a2b3938b442e6fa2da23193423f.jpg

Now @sqidd and I get jacked up boxes that really are garbage at this point.  I could barely get the two plastic clamshells apart from one of other without having to cut the actual thing out.  

I mean I’m used to shelling out over 300-400 on a valk but still 160 is still a chunk of change for something to come like that.  I got a limited edition crushed box. 

Rant over. 

Edited by Rogueload

4 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Wouldn’t that be the shipping company’s fault though?  I recently received a crushed box from USPS and had to file a claim.  I received a check for the damage from USPS.

Except if the original company sending "collectibles" doesn't package things to withstand what they know will be shipping company abuse, it really is still on them. Getting a check for a destroyed collectible, even if it is just the box itself, is not something you should want your customers facing except in extreme accidental situations. We have two on here already.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Wouldn’t that be the shipping company’s fault though?  I recently received a crushed box from USPS and had to file a claim.  I received a check for the damage from USPS.

The sender has to make claims for shipping damage, not the receiver.

55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The sender has to make claims for shipping damage, not the receiver.

If that’s how it works for international shipping then you should state that because I was giving an example in which for USPS the mailer or addressee can make the claim.

AAA42668-355E-4E9D-9DA7-53CBC576D464.jpeg.3da2f8b6b8463d24f0c4919d64b55bc6.jpeg

22 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If that’s how it works for international shipping then you should state that because I was giving an example in which for USPS the mailer or addressee can make the claim.

AAA42668-355E-4E9D-9DA7-53CBC576D464.jpeg.3da2f8b6b8463d24f0c4919d64b55bc6.jpeg

Having recently looked into doing this for an international USPS package (which did eventually show up), I can tell you that you cannot claim as the addressee.

I think of all the shipping services, USPS may be the only one that allows the receiver to make a claim, and only for domestic service. The default is sender makes the claim.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Having recently looked into doing this for an international USPS package (which did eventually show up), I can tell you that you cannot claim as the addressee.

My single and separate example was for USPS with the mailer and addressee living within the US.

I know that through ebay and possibly transactions by itself with paypal that if the seller provides proof of the condition of the contents and outer package in good condition before it was shipped then they are clear.  I’m not saying it’s happening with the buyers in this thread but I’ve dealt with people that intentionally damage packages to get their money back so I always take pics of the item, the item bubble wrapped, and the shipping box with every edge sealed with tape before sending it out.

14 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

What if it was a newly hired teenager that had a temp job for the shipping company and the person mishandled the package?  That’s out of the seller’s control.

I see random dudes delivering for USPS, Amazon, Ontrack, etc all the time.

What do you do for a living?

In an attempt to de-escalate the situation here, I will state that both Jason and Noel have responded to the situation in a reasonable and professional manner, and both have offered acceptable compromises:

Noel has offered a complete refund if the product is returned.  This is standard and acceptable business practice from a manufacturer and retailer. :good:

Jason has asked for a replacement box to be shipped to him, free of charge.  This is not an unreasonable expectation, and certainly a better outcome for Noel than having to lose the sale by offering a refund (much less losing a PayPal dispute).  :good:

Here we have a rare opportunity to see how a manufacturer deals with customer service issues first-hand, where both parties are contributing to a public forum.  Jason is a respected collector and a friend, and I think if he cools down a little and shows patience, he can come to an acceptable compromise with Noel.  We're grateful to have Noel here to address him directly, as we have great respect for the product he produces and want to continue to engage with him directly through this forum.  If he cools down a little and shows a little understanding, he can come to an acceptable compromise with Jason, and avoid damaging his public image where many serious fans and collectors congregate.

Don't let this get out of hand, guys.  Ignore the bruised egos and avoid the personal attacks, and we know you can work this out.  ^_^

At this point, we have a transaction dispute between 2 parties that does not need to be aired on this forum. Please take it to PM or email to resolve.

Thank you. Back to a normal thread about toys.

• azrael locked and unlocked this topic
15 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Work.

I was just curious what qualifications you had to have come up with such a strong position on retail, shipping, responsibilities and that sphere in general. Especially when they're in stark contract to everyone else. Maybe you know something I don't. If you do, I would like to know it too.:good:

35 minutes ago, seti88 said:

What does ignore user mean? Is it applicable in DM's only or in postings (which seems weird cos you see what, a blank post?)

You don't see the post at all. I think You can still see them quoted though????

6 minutes ago, seti88 said:

hahaha so quoted post beats the ignore??

its weird to me, i mean if folks still keep talking abt the post, blanking out posts wont exactly make topics ignored?
prob some admins would chime in, in due course...

That’s it @seti88 I’m ignoring you. I don’t like your post. And ignoring @sqidd because he smells and rides a motorcycle.

oh and I can’t wait for the Calibre Flight Deck. (Keeping the post on topic ;) )

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ok you win. Gave you a like.

Oh but if you ignored me you wouldn't have known i gave you a like!?

:p

Ok back on topic! i.e. pretending stuff that looks like macross isnt macross! :D 

On 7/29/2020 at 3:26 PM, wmkjr said:

Might as well. They just gotta buy the digital files then mass produce it:

1865542773_set3-macross-sdf1-prometheus-hanger-elevator-left-flight-deck-3d-model-obj-stl-blend-pdf-3mf(1).jpg.6bac5ac1b1d4ab018e830405e9adde8e.jpgset3-macross-sdf1-prometheus-hanger-elevator-left-flight-deck-3d-model-obj-stl-blend-pdf-3mf.jpg.a82f1d459fd6ca6d7f6e50c0944b50f5.jpg1082049825_set3-macross-sdf1-prometheus-hanger-elevator-left-flight-deck-3d-model-obj-stl-blend-pdf-3mf(2).jpg.e37dfa03494c610c2d2d24dd217faceb.jpg

If anyone has a 3D printer. These are from Luke Massassi. He created the scalable 3d model files and they are for sale with royalty free license here https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models?author=massassi.

He said this one took him 400 hours to print. CW approached him about the sets.

Printing this as we speak