Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

7 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

It would be cool to live in the Tokyo metropolitan area or Hong Kong and see these figures first hand in the stores.

Fixed that for you.  :mellow:

Most of us living in Japan (or anywhere else in Asia) have to buy online, just like the rest of the world.

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Set up wall mounts for my favorite family

Love the wall mounts!  

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to start hanging my Valks from the ceiling...  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Fixed that for you.  :mellow:

Most of us living in Japan (or anywhere else in Asia) have to buy online, just like the rest of the world.

Love the wall mounts!  

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to start hanging my Valks from the ceiling...  :unsure:

Like with fishing wire? As a kid, most my collection of model aircraft was hanging from my ceiling that way. I loved it as my whole room was filled with dogfighting fighters. These days I'm very thankful @ChaoticYeti created these high end and versatile mounts for us. Post pics when you get your setup!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, me too, it's kind of weird, they've requested the payment before August 10th because today is the release date and now they've pushed back to the 31st, sounds like they need some money for advance

Edited by Darotower

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a VF-1J Miria super that have missing optional parts (see attached photo of the parts from my the Max box). The whole bag is missing from the Miria box.

Any idea how I can replace these parts? Does Arcadia offer any way to buy these?

IMG_20190124_232014.jpg

12 minutes ago, kkx said:

I have a VF-1J Miria super that have missing optional parts (see attached photo of the parts from my the Max box). The whole bag is missing from the Miria box.

Any idea how I can replace these parts? Does Arcadia offer any way to buy these?

Sorry to hear about that. Did you purchase this just recently? Did you purchase this directly from Arcadia? If not, where did you order this?

Here's some pointers based on what I've read here over the years and based on online store experience.

- If you purchase this from Arcadia directly, then you should try and reach out their Customer Service.

- If you purchase this from any of the Japanese Online Store, you should also try and reach out to their Customer Service. However, do note that there's a number of days after you received the item to report any damage or missing items. And this is why I always open my package to double and triple check if everything is complete.

- Do note that since we're outside Japan, there's no guarantee that we will be helped 100%.

- If you're unsuccessful from getting help from any of the Customer Service, you can try posting it on the Wanted Section and ask members if they're willing to sell theirs.

- You can also do some crash course on making your own resin cast since you still have an extra set to copy and mold it.

Hope that helps. Good luck. :)

Thank you for your reply.

I brought this used. The seller is really responsible and makes things right. So I am not complaining.

Seems like buying them is not easy. Will try the Wanted section and see if someone is willing to sell for a reasonable price (what is a good price for this?).

I am quite keen to try out doing resin cast but have no idea where to start. If there is some material and setup that is not too costly to get into, I might want to try it out.

I also wonder if I do manage to get a mold done and can get half decent result, will there be a need for people that have the Yamato v2 for this?

How much will people willing to pay for a set of these resin recast parts?

2 hours ago, kkx said:

I brought this used. The seller is really responsible and makes things right. So I am not complaining.

That's good to know. As long that he made you aware that it's missing then it's all good.

2 hours ago, kkx said:

Seems like buying them is not easy. Will try the Wanted section and see if someone is willing to sell for a reasonable price (what is a good price for this?).

Sorry, I'm not sure how much those go for. 

2 hours ago, kkx said:

I am quite keen to try out doing resin cast but have no idea where to start. If there is some material and setup that is not too costly to get into, I might want to try it out.

I also wonder if I do manage to get a mold done and can get half decent result, will there be a need for people that have the Yamato v2 for this?

How much will people willing to pay for a set of these resin recast parts?

Regarding Resin Cast, that is also something I wanted to do but don't have time to do it. However, there's a lot of YouTube tutorial videos so I think that's a good start. ;)

As for the price question, I can't remember the exact cost before but I remember some member sold some resin cast of the said option part. But you should be careful on advertising it since it's prohibited by the admins to sell cast product of the original. Just a heads up on that.

@no3Ljm Thanks for the heads up. I will be careful.

I was about the buy some casting supply after viewing a few YT tutorial, then someone resurrected a very old thread and I found this : 

I think I will try this out and see if it will work out well.

Still need the side cover, I think I might be able to wing it a bit with Fusion 360.

Hello Folks,

Was wondering if you can provide some inputs on a related matter. I'm trying to find some PF M&M. I was checking mandarake and 1 of them is available at something like 32k (opened, not used, package damaged).

Then I found both of them in Nippon Yasan for around 28k (brand new). Now I've heard about some issues with NY with preorders, but this is rising some redish flags.

Am I missing something here, or it "should be fine" ?

Any info or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It should be fine.  The preorders were for the VF-31A where some, including me, had to wait months to a year (some are still waiting) to receive their items.  There are a lot of theories as to why this happened.  I think the biggest issue was how NY handled it for those that ordered from them.  Standard uninformative responses and refunds limited to store credit are some that I can think of.

That being said, I have ordered plenty of in stock items from NY with no problems.  I am sure there are others that will attest to this as well.  I think the problem mainly arises when there is an issue with delivery of the item.

HLJ also has them in stock for about the same price as Mandarake but Brand New.  As far as I know from this forum, HLJ has the best Customer Service.  I would say compare the shipping costs with NY and HLJ as NY will most likely have a more expensive shipping fee.

Edited by sumyumgoy
I took a quick look, 63800 shipped via EMS for NY vs 67876 shipped EMS for HLJ to U.S.

I live in Chile, but will be traveling to the States (NYC) soon. My hotel accepts packages up to 1 week before my arrival. So maybe I can make this work :) How long does it usually take from HLJ to the States? Would it take less than 5 days? Sorry for all the questions :D

HLJ can deliver in 5 days or less sometimes, it will depend on the shipping you choose, and which day of the week you request shipping.  If you request shipping via FedEx (or possibly DHL if it's offered), there's a fair chance it will arrive in that window.

Assuming you are planning to arrive in NYC on a Sunday or Monday, I would think requesting shipping on the Friday before the Friday immediately before you travel (about 9-10 days total) should give you adequate time.  Also keep in mind that Japan is far ahead timezone-wise, so if you want them to ship on a Friday, you should probably make the shipping request some time on Thursday.

How long are you planning to stay in NYC?

Edited by Chronocidal

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Fcdeleon5 said:

I was wondering where I could buy mount or wall mount to display hi-metal r macross vf-1a? I also want to see what’s would be good also for the vf-4?

thank you

the Tamashii stage-act stands are great for horizontal-surfaces... I suppose you could screw one into the wall... display angles would be limited though

Other options escape me at the moment for an HMR Wall-Mount.

The VF-4 HMR is either coming with it's own Stage-Act style stand, or at least an adapter specifically for it. [I can't recall 100%, but I think it's coming with a stand]

8 hours ago, slide said:

The VF-4 HMR is either coming with it's own Stage-Act style stand, or at least an adapter specifically for it. [I can't recall 100%, but I think it's coming with a stand]

Most probably it will just come with the stand adapter. There wasn’t any indication that it will come with a special stand like Roy’s, or the M&M’s releases.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Most probably it will just come with the stand adapter. There wasn’t any indication that it will come with a special stand like Roy’s, or the M&M’s releases.

It had better come with something, or have quite the gimmicks considering it's priced higher than a super-pack HMR, around where the VF-2SS was (and that has a huge amount of extra stuff).

Edited by Sanity is Optional

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

So did anyone pick up a Max or Milia 1J while they're on sale?

I certainly hurt my budge by grabbing a Premium Max over the weekend...

-b.

ARGH!  I want the Max and Miria Premium Finish toys.... but I cannot justify the purchase when I already own the regular Arcadia releases.  Unless the SDF-1, which added significantly more decoration and a glow-in-the-dark gimmick, I just don't feel like the VF-1 PF changes are major enough to warrant buying.

Like I said... I want them, but just can't rationalize it in my head. If I did not already own the regular Max and Miria VF-1 toys, then sure... this would be a no brainer purchase. But $500 to upgrade my 2 toys is just too much a cost.

Must resist!  Must buy Chunky Monkeys instead...

They're a great choice for someone who doesn't have M&M already (especially when the Yamato versions were selling for insane prices), but I wouldn't buy them if you already have the standard Arcadia reissue unless you absolutely must have multiples to display in different modes. 

If you just want to "upgrade" your existing valks, the most cost effective solution is to either carefully trim the excess off and apply the included stickers, or find some decals. It'll be just as good as getting the PF for just a little effort. 

1426411603_VF-1JMiriaPF11.jpg.9b206080c97352e418b869e5f2019985.jpg

23 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

ARGH!  I want the Max and Miria Premium Finish toys.... but I cannot justify the purchase when I already own the regular Arcadia releases.  Unless the SDF-1, which added significantly more decoration and a glow-in-the-dark gimmick, I just don't feel like the VF-1 PF changes are major enough to warrant buying.

Like I said... I want them, but just can't rationalize it in my head. If I did not already own the regular Max and Miria VF-1 toys, then sure... this would be a no brainer purchase. But $500 to upgrade my 2 toys is just too much a cost.

Must resist!  Must buy Chunky Monkeys instead...

21 hours ago, Lolicon said:

They're a great choice for someone who doesn't have M&M already (especially when the Yamato versions were selling for insane prices), but I wouldn't buy them if you already have the standard Arcadia reissue unless you absolutely must have multiples to display in different modes. 

If you just want to "upgrade" your existing valks, the most cost effective solution is to either carefully trim the excess off and apply the included stickers, or find some decals. It'll be just as good as getting the PF for just a little effort. 

1426411603_VF-1JMiriaPF11.jpg.9b206080c97352e418b869e5f2019985.jpg

So I didn't get the Yamato v2 or Arcadia regular Max or Milia, I already have the Premium Milia but I had too many things on the "to buy" list to pick up Max. So I waited and watched the stock levels/availability and prices and hedged my bets that it'd end up on sale. With that I agree that it's not worth double-dipping if you already have the regular releases, unless of course you're either independently wealthy/have a lot of disposable income or your a completionist.

I'll however to be very happy to finally have the pair added to my Yamacadia collection. :D

14 hours ago, Arkham said:

I have the fine motor skills of a 6 month old.

PF for me :)

And this, truly quoted for truth. :lol:

-b.

ARGH!!!!

I keep adding the PF Max and Miria to my HLJ shopping cart, then closing my browser window. I have done this 4 times now.

UGH, the temptation.... 

Resist me, resist! Just remember, once you get a PF VF-1 toy, you are going to want to upgrade all of them. And that would be wonderfu... I mean, that would be disastrous for your credit card. Buy chunky monkeys instead... no, wait! ACK!

(stands up)

Hello, my name is Shizuka, and I am a Macross shopaholic. It has been 14 hours since my last purchase.

FYI,

With their free shipping promotion, Nippon-Yasan is actually cheaper for getting PF Max + Miria than Hobby Link Japan's Macross sale.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

ARGH!!!!

I keep adding the PF Max and Miria to my HLJ shopping cart, then closing my browser window. I have done this 4 times now.

UGH, the temptation.... 

Resist me, resist! Just remember, once you get a PF VF-1 toy, you are going to want to upgrade all of them. And that would be wonderfu... I mean, that would be disastrous for your credit card. Buy chunky monkeys instead... no, wait! ACK!

(stands up)

Hello, my name is Shizuka, and I am a Macross shopaholic. It has been 14 hours since my last purchase.

FYI,

With their free shipping promotion, Nippon-Yasan is actually cheaper for getting PF Max + Miria than Hobby Link Japan's Macross sale.

*CRY*

Why am I so weak?!  Why could I not resist?! Why did I just buy the PF Max and Miria?!

I guess it is time to sell my regular versions.,,

*sigh*