Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

15 minutes ago, jenius said:

Macross lingo is "reaction" warheads/missiles. I slip up on that one a fair bit.

REACTION weapons!  AH!!!  I see.

反応兵器... not 反射兵器

Got it! Though, admittedly, it is easy to see where the term "reflex" came from.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Owning the Arcadia VF-1S Strike (Roy), VF-1S Strike (Hikaru), VF-1J Super (Miria), and VF-1J Super (Max), I can happily say that I have experienced no problems with the hard points. YAY! I originally put the DYRL box missiles, then later the REACTION missiles (because I think they look more attractive and impede aerodynamics less) onto all the hard points on these 4 Arcadia releases.

image.png.c4c73a614648c6e7d01bec9423ef2ad8.pngimage.png.6423c02a5eec3c0c4200f5def914ed19.png

I do feel bad for you that you experienced problems with one of your toys. That being said, I am not sure if there is sufficient sample size to claim that there is a rampant Arcadia hard point problem.

very beautiful pics.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

She said "reflex"! Gentlemen, grab the pitchforks and torches.

:lol:

i wasn't even aware they were nuclear in the series or movie until reading up on it, i kept thinking Rick Hunter and company wasted a bunch of warheads on a bunch of decoy battlepods^_^

i do wish Max and Miria came with red tip nukes

• 2 weeks later...

While looking through many threads on here especially the collections and yeti stand threads I've noticed hardly any M & M ownership. Is there a reason not many have these? Is it because they were/are hard to get from Yamato and recently released by Arcadia? Or, are they not highly sought after? I know each person's collection is their loves put together and its subjective I was just curious because typically you tend to see 3-4 of the same Valks in each collection, but these guys are hardly show up if at all.

Edited by RED WOLF

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Arcadia's released both Max and Milia VF-1s, so those aren't hard to get.

The VF-22s and Queadluuns however...

I heard the Yamato version 2's were hard to get. So you're saying these guys aren't really sought after then?

10 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

While looking through many threads on here especially the collections and yeti stand threads I've noticed hardly any M & M ownership. Is there a reason not many have these? Is it because they were/are hard to get from Yamato and recently released by Arcadia? Or, are they not highly sought after? I know each person's collection is their loves put together and its subjective I was just curious because typically you tend to see 3-4 of the same Valks in each collection, but these guys are hardly show up if at all.

If we are talking about the 1/60 scale toys, a complete M&M collection would be what? By my count, I see...

VF-1J Super Max, VF-1J Super Miria, VF-1A TV Max, VF-1A DYRL Max, VF-1S DYRL Max, VF-1D Virgin Road, VF-22 Max, VF-22 Miria, Queadluun-Rau Miria, and Queadluun-Rau Max. So, maybe 10 toys?

I don't know... I imagine a good number of people here having many of these 10.

I myself am only up to 4.

26 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

I heard the Yamato version 2's were hard to get. So you're saying these guys aren't really sought after then?

The Yamato ones are still sought after, but with the Arcadia releases I think the demand has gone down, and those who aren't particular about having Yamato versions can just get the Arcadias.

53 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Nah.   Not sure how far you searched, but the Yammie-v2 M&Ms were usually regularly displayed/posted as much as the others during the Yammie-days.

However, the Arcadia M&M versions are rather new and recent, and just either not a whole lot of the old folks re-bought it to replace their old yammies and/or the newbies here tend to buy/show-off their latest valks (DX-Chogokins, etc) instead.

1 hour ago, RED WOLF said:

The Yamatos were only hard to get after the fact; that is to say, long after their original retail release, after stocks had been sold out. Much like the VF-11C.

There was no such thing as preorder madness for Yamato releases.

25 minutes ago, treatment said:

Nah.   Not sure how far you searched, but the Yammie-v2 M&Ms were usually regularly displayed/posted as much as the others during the Yammie-days.

However, the Arcadia M&M versions are rather new and recent, and just either not a whole lot of the old folks re-bought it to replace their old yammies and/or the newbies here tend to buy/show-off their latest valks (DX-Chogokins, etc) instead.

Ok gotcha. I was just curious. I think they look gorgeous especially the Yamatos. I just couuldn't understand why they weren't very apparent.

M&M are my favorites! Main reason I haven't shared many pics is bandwidth. I haven't had the time to get around to it and I only recently have been able to get the set (of 1J supers). First, in HMR, then Arcadia. I have an old Yamato 1/48 Max that I will someday get a Milia to match and a 1/60 Q-Rau Milia that I will get a Max to match. 

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The Yamatos were only hard to get after the fact; that is to say, long after their original retail release, after stocks had been sold out. Much like the VF-11C.

There was no such thing as preorder madness for Yamato releases.

Well, the Yammies were around and available for three or four months.  Certainly no rush, but they didn’t stay around too too long.  Unlike the 11C which languished for a good three years with multiple deep discounts at HLJ and only sold out when people began to panic about Yamatos demise.  It’s hilarious how cheap I bought my second and third for.

Edited by Mommar

• 2 weeks later...

Set up wall mounts for my favorite family

Macross_VF-1J_Max_DSC06429.jpg.410f378a686fe2fc1e8d4c46b4e2fe41.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Milia_DSC06428.jpg.38cbb349c33e8c4738208b781a712bf2.jpg

With the rest of the crew

Macross_DSC06426.jpg.a0f005eb935bd3c2190dd2f20095ff98.jpg

And to contribute to the somewhat controversial topic of hardpoints, here are some closer shots of the hardpoints on the three relevant Arcadia Valks pictured

Macross_VF-1S_Roy_Hardpoints_DSC06428.jpg.bdfe275b0e681f1413a1545e6d5af0d9.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Milia_Hardpoints_DSC06428.jpg.c68c3dc014c587625728b7e13abd8733.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Max_Hardpoints_DSC06429.jpg.8b264419bbf6206ad0704ecb358af61e.jpg

I don't know about any mold degradation or other defect regarding any of my Arcadia Valk hardpoints. They all work perfectly fine with a satisfying positive lock when engaged and smooth all the way with attaching or removing. After messing with M&M a bit more last night, I haze zero issues or complains...excellent job by Arcadia and I look forward to more releases from them. 

Also, I don't regret skipping the PF versions but if anything, I do wish they would apply the round Skull or Kite symbols on the Fast Packs. Can someone point me out to the digital scan so I can make some waterslide decals? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Set up wall mounts for my favorite family

Macross_VF-1J_Max_DSC06429.jpg.410f378a686fe2fc1e8d4c46b4e2fe41.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Milia_DSC06428.jpg.38cbb349c33e8c4738208b781a712bf2.jpg

With the rest of the crew

Macross_DSC06426.jpg.a0f005eb935bd3c2190dd2f20095ff98.jpg

And to contribute to the somewhat controversial topic of hardpoints, here are some closer shots of the hardpoints on the three relevant Arcadia Valks pictured

Macross_VF-1S_Roy_Hardpoints_DSC06428.jpg.bdfe275b0e681f1413a1545e6d5af0d9.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Milia_Hardpoints_DSC06428.jpg.c68c3dc014c587625728b7e13abd8733.jpg

Macross_VF-1J_Max_Hardpoints_DSC06429.jpg.8b264419bbf6206ad0704ecb358af61e.jpg

I don't know about any mold degradation or other defect regarding any of my Arcadia Valk hardpoints. They all work perfectly fine with a satisfying positive lock when engaged and smooth all the way with attaching or removing. After messing with M&M a bit more last night, I haze zero issues or complains...excellent job by Arcadia and I look forward to more releases from them. 

Also, I don't regret skipping the PF versions but if anything, I do wish they would apply the round Skull or Kite symbols on the Fast Packs. Can someone point me out to the digital scan so I can make some waterslide decals? Thanks!

These guys look awesome! I received my pair on Friday. I messed with them for a bit and put them back in the box. I have to wait to get my second display case ordered and up and running before I show these guys off. I really like how you have yours set up. 

23 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

These guys look awesome! I received my pair on Friday. I messed with them for a bit and put them back in the box. I have to wait to get my second display case ordered and up and running before I show these guys off. I really like how you have yours set up. 

Thanks! Get them set up! M&M need to fly, not be boxed up.;)

It's a dream come true for me to finally have them set up on display. Now, if I can get my hand on a decently priced Milia 1/48, the circuit will be complete.

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks! Get them set up! M&M need to fly, not be boxed up.;)

It's a dream come true for me to finally have them set up on display. Now, if I can get my hand on a decently priced Milia 1/48, the circuit will be complete.

Oh I know I hate seeing them in there. But there is no point because I have nowhere to put them. Hopefully sometime around Summer/Fall. I didn't want to miss these guys by the time I picked up my display and got everything set up. The SDF-1 PF will be joining them shortly lol

5 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Oh I know I hate seeing them in there. But there is no point because I have nowhere to put them. Hopefully sometime around Summer/Fall. I didn't want to miss these guys by the time I picked up my display and got everything set up. The SDF-1 PF will be joining them shortly lol

Yep, except not too shortly for me. My SDF-1 PF is on a boat...probably get it in a month or so.

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, except not too shortly for me. My SDF-1 PF is on a boat...probably get it in a month or so.

I thought about doing that, but the savings wasn't much considering the difference from 3-4 days. Although it would makes sense since these guys are going to just be in a box with a few others for a bit. It will definitely add some anticipation when your girl finally arrives. On a side note I would say its great having all of these reviews and pictures up of the figures we order, but on the flip side it does take away some magic when upon finally receiving them. I know that nothing can beat the in hand feel of holding these guys. I guess it goes along the lines of actually seeing these items in the stores and purchasing them right there versus online distributors. I guess in my area of the world (CA). It would be cool to live in Japan or China and see these figures first hand in the stores.

1 minute ago, RED WOLF said:

I thought about doing that, but the savings wasn't much considering the difference from 3-4 days. Although it would makes sense since these guys are going to just be in a box with a few others for a bit. It will definitely add some anticipation when your girl finally arrives. On a side note I would say its great having all of these reviews and pictures up of the figures we order, but on the flip side it does take away some magic when upon finally receiving them. I know that nothing can beat the in hand feel of holding these guys. I guess it goes along the lines of actually seeing these items in the stores and purchasing them right there versus online distributors. I guess in my area of the world (CA). It would be cool to live in Japan or China and see these figures first hand in the stores.

Definitely cool to see things stocked up in person. But I do love seeing pics and nothing beats having the item in hand and taking your pics, swooshing and displaying them.