Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Look at that pristine black box. So Premium. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Hey! We're paying premium prices for the box contents, not the box itself good sir.

All jokes aside I'm glad that it matches the same design-them as the Premium Focker.

-b.

The all black box is definitely a let down.  I know the aesthetic they are going for there but... no.  They aren't pulling it off.  You usually need some kind of silver accents or something to really nail that "premium" feeling.

I'm guessing the PF sdf-1 is going to get the same treatment, and I'm already a little disappointed (not that the regular box design is anything special).

11 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

:lol:

Hey! We're paying premium prices for the box contents, not the box itself good sir.

All jokes aside I'm glad that it matches the same design-them as the Premium Focker.

-b.

Hahaha! Don't worry, B. I'll be a proud owner soon of this Premium Box. Assuming that the SDF-1 will have one as well. Which I'm sure it will. If not, I might return the purchase. ^_^

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

They said there would be a lot of tampo, not a fancy box.

That is so true. ;)

I was supposed to get mine today but it looks like I had a different carrier who doens't just leave my packages like the regular one does.  I'll have to go through the re-delivery fiasco that is my local post office in order to get it.  Likely that means cussing somebody out in person Saturday morning when I have time to drive over there.

1 minute ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Given that both Max and Miria would be "M GENIUS" otherwise, it makes sense to me that they would use her maiden name.

Oh I was referring to the spelling. It's usually spelled "Fallyna." Including on the box it came in. :p

It's a minor thing that doesn't bother me; just thought I'd point out that peculiarity. 

19 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Isn't Falliena miss spelled though?

Oh, the spelling...

Good question. Considering that that name is not English, nor is it Japanese, but rather Zentradi... I guess you can chalk it up being being a phonetic approximation... in which case, I suppose there is no official English spelling for it.

For example. I know some Chinese classmates who technically have the same family name, but one is spelled in English as "Wong", another "Wang", and another "Huang", yet each is pronounced the same.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Yes, I'm Chinese so you don't have to explain to me the vagaries of my own language. :p

However, if they're going to spell it a certain way on the packaging and other materials, they should keep the same spelling. I don't spell my family name as "Wong" on my driver's license then decide to go with "Huang" on other documents. 

Yes, that is my actual family name. :p

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yes, I'm Chinese so you don't have to explain to me the vagaries of my own language. :p

However, if they're going to spell it a certain way on the packaging and other materials, they should keep the same spelling. I don't spell my family name as "Wong" on my driver's license then decide to go with "Huang" on other documents. 

Yes, that is my actual family name. :p

First of all.. WOW, I feel psychic for actually picking the perfect name example.

Secondly, I agree with you on trying to keep the naming consistent between box-art and toy-paint job.

I just, in my own internal head-canon, imagine that some ground-crew person, tasked with painting Miria's valkyrie, got annoyed at how many hours he had to put into painting the plane red, that he just stopped caring when it came to painting the pilot's name by the cockpit, and did not look closely at the work order.  Furthermore, with Miria not being familiar with the English language, did not complain as she could not tell the spelling was wrong.... she just identifies her plane based on the red paint job. *hee hee*

I dunno, she seemed pretty fluent in English (or Japanese?) when she was aboard the SDF-1. :lol:

Though the infiltration by and subsequent "defection" of an enemy combatant from a power we're at war with probably should have raised a lot more questions before allowing her to wed a citizen and then giving her one of our state of the art aircraft. :rolleyes:

I often ponder such trivialities in the Macross universe... 

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

However, if they're going to spell it a certain way on the packaging and other materials, they should keep the same spelling.

Such expectations of accuracy or consistency are incompatible with Japanese society.

3040.thumb.JPG.688d3b188d996c5502435e1b22d4208c.JPG 

In other words, nobody ever gives a damn.  :(

Once you've lived here as long as I have, you're only surprised when the spellings are correct!

such a nice red they chose, love it.  Enjoying the pics!!!

For me, the arcadia planes will always be a beautiful work of art meant to be seen on my LED computer screen, too expensive to touch / buy for my means noawadays.

Edited by Arthurius

So... I forget which release this was, but previously Milia's pilot name was given as "M. F. Jenius."  I'm thinking that was what the option was on the VF-22 releases.  I might also be thinking of Hasegawa decals.

Edit: Confirmed for the Hasegawa decals, they use "M. F. Jenius."

Edited by Chronocidal