Jump to content
no3Ljm

Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

Recommended Posts

NY just emailed me, Milia premium finish release pushed back to end of March. More time to save!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, barurutor said:

NY just emailed me, Milia premium finish release pushed back to end of March. More time to save!

Hmmm. I hope they also pushed back the SDF-1 as well so I can save as much too. ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Hobby Search just put Milia on sale: ¥13,080.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10462775

Whew! So glad it sold out. I had my hand on the checkout button for a few minutes... really trying to hold out for the PF version. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Whew! So glad it sold out. I had my hand on the checkout button for a few minutes... really trying to hold out for the PF version. :o

I got one, I'm skipping the PF version of the VF-1Js, but I'm in for the SDF-1 and VF-0S.

I'm not a huge fan of the solid red -1J, but for like $160 shipped I'll bite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I got one, I'm skipping the PF version of the VF-1Js, but I'm in for the SDF-1 and VF-0S.

I'm not a huge fan of the solid red -1J, but for like $160 shipped I'll bite.

Yeah I almost bit but then it's going to become "obsolete" for me next month once the PF comes out. Plus I got lots of other preorders to pay for. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I almost bit but then it's going to become "obsolete" for me next month once the PF comes out. Plus I got lots of other preorders to pay for. :lol:

Between that, the HM VF-1S, and the Macross Quarter that showed up on Mandarake for ¥8,000 my wallet is stinging from the impulse buys a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max took awhile to arrive but it's finally here and I finally got time to put them together. 

Jfn9KRfh.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Wow! Imagine. A few years ago, everyone is so emotional for missing these Valks and now it gets re-release and it's already on discount. Same thing with the VF-4G.

How I wish Hot Toys are like this. That way, I'll make sure I buy the ones that I ignored since HT are expensive. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! Imagine. A few years ago, everyone is so emotional for missing these Valks and now it gets re-release and it's already on discount. Same thing with the VF-4G.

How I wish Hot Toys are like this. That way, I'll make sure I buy the ones that I ignored since HT are expensive. 

 

 

Blame Arcadia overpricing shenanigans...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milia didn’t sell out under Yamato either...  pricing was never the problem with this Valk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 13k-yen discounted pricing from HobbySearch (and even NY's 15k-yen) wouldn't be quite as shocking and severe if it was not overpriced for a historically known low-selling valk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's probably why the discounts, get the remaining stock out the door before the premium finish ones hit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Your Killing me smalls... killing me!

My first Arcadia Valk..  now I need to wait for Max to go on sale!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows how much NY charges shipping (cheapest option) to the US for the Milia? Thanks in advance!

Edited by aaajin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's on a page before you click "buy". Just go through the steps and you'll see the actual answer for your address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jenius said:

It's on a page before you click "buy". Just go through the steps and you'll see the actual answer for your address.

Thanks! Sorry, first time @ NY. Feel stupid for not noticing, lol. Not bad for $176 shipped (including 2.5% paypal conversion fee)

I dont know if I need a red valk tho...would be nice if they have this price for Roy/Hikaru 1S

Edited by aaajin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aaajin said:

Thanks! Sorry, first time @ NY. Feel stupid for not noticing, lol. Not bad for $176 shipped (including 2.5% paypal conversion fee)

You've already grasped the most important thing about buying from NY, don't have them do the currency conversion. Their exchange rate right now is $1=100yen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$176 shipped is pretty much what I paid for my old Yamato Milia back in the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing such a discount on that Milia makes me want to buy it sooooo bad even though i have one already and am broke ATM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're buying from NY, always buy in yen, as they are locked into 100 jpy= 1 usd, which hasn't been reality for years.  How much you save will depend on a number of factors (current exchange rate, whether or not your payment method has a fee for currency exchange, etc).  So the exact cost will fluctuate a bit.

As far as shipping, that is always a time vs cost issue.  You can have it sent by boat if you want, but that will literally take months.  The shipping cost will be dependent on how fast you want it (the exact cost also fluctuates a bit, based on current shipping rates).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard limit on these Arcadia 1/60 releases of $200 or less. I bought the recently released Roy 1S and paid $235 and I love it but sorry these things are overpriced as all get out. That was the first of the Arcadia 1/60's I had purchased as I've been quite content with my Yammy 1/48's. I have around 15 or 16 various Yamato 1/48's (still my faves) and never paid more than $150 for one of those. Even the Yamato 1/60's were less. The Virgin Road 1J I paid like $130 for brand new shipped. I just checked. Anyway even though I'm perfectly content with my 1/48 Max / Millia at this price I jumped on the 1/60. Can't have enough Max and Millia 1J's. Now I guess I gotta keep my eyes peeled for an under $200 Max 1/60 lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, Max here and ... just got Yamat... erghm... ArcadiaedIMG_2200.thumb.JPG.0d8aaab9aaf132d79c228793d7cc665d.JPGIMG_2202.thumb.JPG.5bd2b3a75b3b59f963b1b69bfd0d691a.JPGIMG_2204.thumb.JPG.32a6d4459098fbfb713e238f36a5e6c4.JPGIMG_2207.thumb.JPG.f776ecbbe625d9271ba8d3b28d21945b.JPG

 

IMG_2201.JPG

 

Same side, same issue.

 

Some one did a terrible job at QC if strees marks where already there at the moment of packing the toys.

The reaction missiles where not particularly hard to attach, but the thing just fell of off after a few seconds.

Not sure if I should contact HLJ.

I know since Yamato era, toy companies only offer domestic services for replacement parts.

What I'm going to do now is file some material from the pylons. I don't know if it is because the molds but there seems to be more material in either the hard point connector or the pylon piece than it should be.

Edited by Froy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I noticed on my Milia, the missile pylon needs to be attached at a certain position, rotated with the front (or was it back?) facing as far inwards as possible, then rotated out. There's a small gap in the attachment point to let the pylon snap on easily/with less stress.

Also, you need to remove the missiles from the pylon to attach the second one properly, since the missiles run into eachother when putting on the second pylon.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there is a twist trick to the missiles but I don't know that being really good about the twist guarantees you won't break them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I noticed on my Milia, the missile pylon needs to be attached at a certain position, rotated with the front (or was it back?) facing as far inwards as possible, then rotated out. There's a small gap in the attachment point to let the pylon snap on easily/with less stress.

Also, you need to remove the missiles from the pylon to attach the second one properly, since the missiles run into eachother when putting on the second pylon.

This twisting system has been there since Yamato.

But it think i found the problem

IMG_2208.thumb.JPG.047a54e83f349a1f5e700abeb5f25b58.JPG

you can see a difference in thickness on the hard point attachment, that is the VF-1D next to the Max.

Twisting only makes things worse.

Even the molding is smother on the VF-1D. Seems the molds are screwed up.

I need to compare to my Mirira and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Edited by Froy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×