Jump to content
no3Ljm

Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

Recommended Posts

Woo, I finally got it.  I didn't do the unlock quite as those pics describe (thanks for those!) but I must have gotten close enough and it finally moved and nothing broke.  Thanks all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

No big deal, I know there isn't super accurate terminology for this stuff.  And yes, one post/pin/nub is/was bigger than the other, which caused the cap on that side to protrude out farther.  For me, this didn't cause a break until I went back to fighter mode.  Had I known exactly what the issue was before hand, it might have been avoidable, but short of a warning that says "Hey, we screwed up and one of the caps on the backpack will stick out farther than the other, be extra careful when transforming," I don't see how it would have been reasonably avoided.

I have other grips about the variance in quality in Arcadia releases, and even within the same toy (landing gears being more difficult on one side than the other, etc.), but I don't want to derail this into a "Arcadia QA sucks," thread.  I'm just glad to see these issues are coming to light within the community, as I believe they might be becoming more common.

 

It was unfortunate that the nubs broke on your Roy.

I thought I remember some text and yt-reviews from years ago pointing out exactly which parts and stuff to be careful about.  Not sure if it was jenius or either veef or Josh from CDX, tho.   Thought it was talked about and covered even back during  the v1 and the 1/48 days.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who did not see or know about this before here is the link to Mech9's 1/60 Yamato VF-1A Transformation manual which he translated in English. Scroll down on the page to see it. Forgot if it's from a fellow MW member though whoever did this, thank you for this and the other translated guides. Hopefully it helps. The Arcadia manual is different but this one should do. Also, wasn't the there a sticky for the transformation guides befroe?

http://www.mech9.com/2011/10/yamato-160-perfect-transformation-vf-1a.html

Edited by wmkjr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly it surprises me the focus of the most

speaking by myself I have had the m&ms 1/48 and in comparision with the dyrl and 1j versions the plastic is much more fragile and the stress marks seem to be inevitable and exactly the same happen with my two arcadia vf-1j 30th at black plastic ..........

.......so independently if the transformation not follow exactly the step instructions not justify the bad quality in toys that cost us hundreds of dollars

because I remember them several reports of broken hardpoints of the wings in arcadias vf 1 that not have heard in the yamatos

my point is that I really doubt arcadia is using better plastics that the yamato used in fact I feel the opposite

once again that is my point of view maybe I wrong and the arcadia overpriced is justify but not for me because I see the same toy yamato sold us only more expensive 

Edited by valhary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yamato definitely had the same issue with the hard points, I have a pic on my site IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it’s worth I have 5 Yamato 1/60s and never experienced the issue with that hinge till now with my first Arcadia. Anyway, couple pics. She’s a beauty!

687E9BDD-D832-4320-B19A-F8C204A653EB.jpeg

DCC36D7B-AFAB-437E-90C7-A64D041EB464.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

For what it’s worth I have 5 Yamato 1/60s and never experienced the issue with that hinge till now with my first Arcadia. Anyway, couple pics. She’s a beauty!

687E9BDD-D832-4320-B19A-F8C204A653EB.jpeg

DCC36D7B-AFAB-437E-90C7-A64D041EB464.jpeg

Looking good! I gotta open mine but kinda feel like waiting for Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Looking good! I gotta open mine but kinda feel like waiting for Max

Lol, I am doing the same...it just feels right that way :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Milia's VF-1J fighter mode pics are done processing. :D

24499532048_ab30207368_h.jpg

24499529928_107651e61d_h.jpg

24499528158_187004e87b_h.jpg

24499525858_1b1e13a87c_h.jpg

38370192281_5a5e366491_h.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Milia's VF-1J fighter mode pics are done processing. :D

24499532048_ab30207368_h.jpg

24499529928_107651e61d_h.jpg

24499528158_187004e87b_h.jpg

24499525858_1b1e13a87c_h.jpg

38370192281_5a5e366491_h.jpg

 

 

Beaut!

It seems like I'm the only one who prefers the dual missles on the inside. Makes more sense to me that way but I always see it the other way in instructions and pics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Beaut!

It seems like I'm the only one who prefers the dual missles on the inside. Makes more sense to me that way but I always see it the other way in instructions and pics. 

You're not the only one, I always put the heavier ones on the inside.  I think due to the hardpoint placement though, they fit better with the twin mount on the outer one.  The wider mount on the inner point restricts how far you can sweep the wings.

Going by some sources though, I think they're actually supposed to be on three individual pylons, which would give the VF-1's wing five hardpoints, instead of the normal two.  I think the Hasegawa kits might provide for that.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

You're not the only one, I always put the heavier ones on the inside.  I think due to the hardpoint placement though, they fit better with the twin mount on the outer one.  The wider mount on the inner point restricts how far you can sweep the wings.

Going by some sources though, I think they're actually supposed to be on three individual pylons, which would give the VF-1's wing five hardpoints, instead of the normal two.  I think the Hasegawa kits might provide for that.

Yeah, you are right that those missiles should each be on their own individual hard point but I guess that doesn't work as well for all the different payload options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Beaut!

It seems like I'm the only one who prefers the dual missles on the inside. Makes more sense to me that way but I always see it the other way in instructions and pics. 

Thanks @Slave IV!

I used to put the heavier payload on the inner hardpoint but another member (waaay back) showed me some pics and from there I placed the duals on the outer hardpoint.

Found this image on Toypanic.com

hardpoint.jpg.f5c05bdba23f6138116c72ed9c486986.jpg

 

YMTO_Focker-YAM.jpg.64a44562ce1e12afa002cf6c60994d56.jpg

 

 

Edited by Saburo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @Slave IV!

I used to put the heavier payload on the inner hardpoint but another member (waaay back) showed me some pics and from there I placed the duals on the outer hardpoint.

Fount this image on Toypanic.com

hardpoint.jpg.f5c05bdba23f6138116c72ed9c486986.jpg

 

YMTO_Focker-YAM.jpg.64a44562ce1e12afa002cf6c60994d56.jpg

 

 

I've seen something like that before but it just doesn't make sense to me. It really should be three separate like this:

Milia Super VF1J.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went looking through SDFM, and episode 27 pretty much shows all of the VF-1s carrying three individually mounted reaction missiles.  DYRL on the other hand shows everyone using a paired mount on the outer hardpoint, but with one of the boxy launchers on the inner one.

So while the arrangement with the dual mount on the outer hardpoint is shown being used, it's not used with a single missile on the inner one.

I don't think that particular arrangement has ever been shown in either DYRL or the series.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerwalk mode pics are ready.

37656027224_a503a76ffc_h.jpg

37656025514_77cecda0f1_h.jpg

37656023114_e4ced7dedf_h.jpg

37656019904_ea107faba8_h.jpg

24499536028_9e7934772d_h.jpg

24499534668_9ae36a5fc5_h.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question.. is it just me (and possibly a browser issue), or does posting pictures cause the post to appear as double length with blank space equivalent to all the pictures posted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I've seen something like that before but it just doesn't make sense to me. It really should be three separate like this:

Milia Super VF1J.JPG

Probably one of the best shots in "official" animation of the underside of the reaction missiles (granted, it's DYRL).  It looks like two separate hard points?  But it is kind of hard to tell.

Either way, I can't really fault toy makers for going the easier route and making 2 hardpoints for all 3 types.  Maybe a next-gen vf-1 could have reaction missiles that look farther apart or something.

DYRL Reaction missile.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention one of the screw covers was loose inside the plastic tray :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Probably one of the best shots in "official" animation of the underside of the reaction missiles (granted, it's DYRL).  It looks like two separate hard points?  But it is kind of hard to tell.

Either way, I can't really fault toy makers for going the easier route and making 2 hardpoints for all 3 types.  Maybe a next-gen vf-1 could have reaction missiles that look farther apart or something.

DYRL Reaction missile.PNG

That definitely looks like they are attached to one dual point like the toy. But in that configuration it does make sense. I think they could still do two points per wing but just give two options for the dual point, one that's the same as the one they make now and one that's offset a bit and spaced so when you do 3 reaction missiles per wing, they look like they are on individual pylons. 

I'm clearly much more nitpicky with stuff like this than I am about a shade of color difference but it's because I'm more interested in military hardware than I am with color coordination and matching warplanes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got done with dinner and finished up the Battroid photos. Enjoy! :D

38315372596_abe7fbb727_h.jpg

38315368616_4aa6668b37_h.jpg

37656039874_169dc9f912_h.jpg

37656037444_c342d17255_h.jpg

37656034754_b0cc9e56b3_h.jpg

37656032274_023472ebf3_h.jpg

37656029814_749aa1d8aa_h.jpg

 

Edited by Saburo
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful Saburo!

The way the light is hitting those lasers on the head, it almost looks like they're hollow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Just got done with dinner and finished up the Battorid photos. Enjoy! :D

38315372596_abe7fbb727_h.jpg

38315368616_4aa6668b37_h.jpg

37656039874_169dc9f912_h.jpg

37656037444_c342d17255_h.jpg

37656034754_b0cc9e56b3_h.jpg

37656032274_023472ebf3_h.jpg

37656029814_749aa1d8aa_h.jpg

 

You're making it really hard for me to resist opening mine. Still haven't opened Hikaru 1S either yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Beautiful Saburo!

The way the light is hitting those lasers on the head, it almost looks like they're hollow.

Thank you @mickyg! I didn't notice that almost look hollow till you mentioned it. :D

 

7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You're making it really hard for me to resist opening mine. Still haven't opened Hikaru 1S either yet. 

Open them up!  You have to swoosh them around, they need to be freed and have some flight time. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, been meaning to...life gets in the way sometimes. My collections are getting out of hand again where I'm getting more shipments than I have time to open them. That's how I reached endpoint last time I quit collecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, been meaning to...life gets in the way sometimes. My collections are getting out of hand again where I'm getting more shipments than I have time to open them. That's how I reached endpoint last time I quit collecting. 

I know what you mean life has been pretty hectic for me, I can carve out some time for toys and photos. Hope all is well @Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I know what you mean life has been pretty hectic for me, I can carve out some time for toys and photos. Hope all is well @Slave IV

Thanks! Two young kids are putting strain on my relationship with my wife...they are amazing kids but we have no help and no time off from them in nearly 5 years. It gets really tough. 

Thats one of the things, I love taking pics when I open stuff and I barely have time to just sit for a minute. 

I'm glad you and others are posting all these incredible pictures though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit Saburo! You're making it really hard for me to wait until February to get my premium Miria! :fool:

I already put it in my shopping cart on a daily basis but never actually check out. :lol:

I never noticed the inside of the nozzles were painted gold. Interesting. Also glad they have proper TV style armors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

That definitely looks like they are attached to one dual point like the toy. But in that configuration it does make sense. I think they could still do two points per wing but just give two options for the dual point, one that's the same as the one they make now and one that's offset a bit and spaced so when you do 3 reaction missiles per wing, they look like they are on individual pylons. 

I'm clearly much more nitpicky with stuff like this than I am about a shade of color difference but it's because I'm more interested in military hardware than I am with color coordination and matching warplanes.

So it's literally both, because hand-drawn animation is funny that way. :p 

5a0951c4f404d_ss(2017-11-12at11_57.24).jpg.08f36b3fd7d8aafebc2aa2be52673ab3.jpg

5a0951903f5c9_ss(2017-11-12at11_59.02).jpg.f34b43c81229aaadf69398d7299fe04b.jpg

5a09518f5f965_ss(2017-11-13at12_01_01).jpg.940a395b8e3f9e5a1b168738a06ef83e.jpg

My personal preference is to lean toward the bottom arrangement, just because of the much higher detail involved in those frames of animation, but it does look silly with a single inner missile mounted.  I'll just need to mix and match the loadouts to adhere to what was seen on-screen. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So it's literally both, because hand-drawn animation is funny that way. :p 

5a0951c4f404d_ss(2017-11-12at11_57.24).jpg.08f36b3fd7d8aafebc2aa2be52673ab3.jpg

5a0951903f5c9_ss(2017-11-12at11_59.02).jpg.f34b43c81229aaadf69398d7299fe04b.jpg

5a09518f5f965_ss(2017-11-13at12_01_01).jpg.940a395b8e3f9e5a1b168738a06ef83e.jpg

My personal preference is to lean toward the bottom arrangement, just because of the much higher detail involved in those frames of animation, but it does look silly with a single inner missile mounted.  I'll just need to mix and match the loadouts to adhere to what was seen on-screen. ^_^ 

That's how I do it. My DYRL style valks with strike packs have the missile cluster inside and dual reaction missiles outside. Again, that configuration makes sense to me.  My SDFM style valks have dual reaction inside and single outside...again, just makes more sense and looks better. Anyways, I need to open this stuff, might go with that medium sized tripack in some way just to mix things up. I have my 0S loaded up with those right now. Damn, I want Max and some 1/60 1As now too. 

BTW, that second pic makes the Valk look real goofy. Like some sort of tiny head. :D

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, the fun mess you introduce then is which way do the missile markings face? :p  If the mounting lugs are 90 degrees off from the reaction warning signs, the dual mounting in the third DYRL screenshot would have them on top and bottom.

The Yamato/Arcadia mounting gets around this by just mounting them right side up in a cradle, so they all still face upright.  Bandai just ignores this entirely on the HMRs, and mounts the dual missiles sideways, with the stripes still painted to show from the side.  I think the Hasegawa kits would have you do the same, but you get to pick which side to put the decals, so you could stick them showing from above and below if you wanted.

Also, looking at the instructions for the super 1/48 super M&M kits, they do use three individual pylons for the reaction missiles.  I don't remember if they come with the box launchers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See, the fun mess you introduce then is which way do the missile markings face? :p  If the mounting lugs are 90 degrees off from the reaction warning signs, the dual mounting in the third DYRL screenshot would have them on top and bottom.

The Yamato/Arcadia mounting gets around this by just mounting them right side up in a cradle, so they all still face upright.  Bandai just ignores this entirely on the HMRs, and mounts the dual missiles sideways, with the stripes still painted to show from the side.  I think the Hasegawa kits would have you do the same, but you get to pick which side to put the decals, so you could stick them showing from above and below if you wanted.

Also, looking at the instructions for the super 1/48 super M&M kits, they do use three individual pylons for the reaction missiles.  I don't remember if they come with the box launchers though.

Again, I'm not too concerned with matching inconsistent animation frames. I'm more into just how the armaments would be mounted logically. 

As for the 1/48 sets, man I hope I can find my Max someday...I look forward to be able to mount those missiles correctly for once if that is the case. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 3:58 PM, wmkjr said:

For those who did not see or know about this before here is the link to Mech9's 1/60 Yamato VF-1A Transformation manual which he translated in English. Scroll down on the page to see it. Forgot if it's from a fellow MW member though whoever did this, thank you for this and the other translated guides. Hopefully it helps. The Arcadia manual is different but this one should do. Also, wasn't the there a sticky for the transformation guides befroe?

http://www.mech9.com/2011/10/yamato-160-perfect-transformation-vf-1a.html

That's how I've been doing it for years. Stick two fingers near that hing and push the pack back. Many have been doing it wrong causing wrong leverage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building Gunpla now for 2 years, and now the nub marks stand out on all of my Bandai, Yamato, and Arcadia, Valks.   I will still always get them, but at this price point, we shouldn't have nub marks like those on the arms of the 1J.  Excellent photo's as always man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Building Gunpla now for 2 years, and now the nub marks stand out on all of my Bandai, Yamato, and Arcadia, Valks.   I will still always get them, but at this price point, we shouldn't have nub marks like those on the arms of the 1J.  Excellent photo's as always man.

How much extra attention does it take for you to be sure your models don't have any marks? I agree it would be great not to have any marks but would it be feasible for a "mass produced" product to recieve the same kind of attention you give your models without making the price go up even more?

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×