Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

1 hour ago, monishb said:

next week sometime according to mr k when I reached out on twitter. Also I asked if it will be a premium finish , but from what I understand they are still deciding.

Whether or not it's premium finishing or not, I couldn't careless about. From some of the comparison shots of the two, I'm not that impressed with it. That said, I will still buy these even if they are. I didn't have a need to buy the Hikaru and Roy premium finished ones. First off because I like the older Yamato slight off white color over all these bright white. Secondly, I don't need more than 2 each. After that, it's just IMO, not necessary.

Either way, I'm very happy to see these coming. It's also plenty of time for me to save up.

1 hour ago, monishb said:

next week sometime according to mr k when I reached out on twitter. Also I asked if it will be a premium finish , but from what I understand they are still deciding.

Regular for me please. ;)

49 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Same here regular release for me, although this time i might buy a couple if the price isnt too bad. 

What are you saying, Anubis? This is Arcadia. Pricing is always bad. You know how expensive their releases nowadays, right? :lol:

Option 1: Preorder Premium Finish only.

Option 2: Preorder Premium Finish and Regular

Option 3: Preorder Regular only, (later on,saw all the nice Premium Finish photos and reviews.  Now wants Premium Finish too, check the price, OMg :o:angry:.:(.  Go on hunting mode, finds it, and PAYs Premium Price.:ph34r:, will still regret not preorder it)

Knowing my bad habits,  Option 1 will be the Cheapest way for me.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

No.

Any one else worried that Bandai's gonna announce their VF-1 toy in October/November?

Definitely going to buy the DX. ;) 

Knowing that they're probably going to start with a VF-1J, how I wish they will celebrate the 35th Anniversary with Hayate's and Mirage's VF-1J releases. ^_^

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Option 1: Preorder Premium Finish only.

Option 2: Preorder Premium Finish and Regular

Option 3: Preorder Regular only, (later on,saw all the nice Premium Finish photos and reviews.  Now wants Premium Finish too, check the price, OMg :o:angry:.:(.  Go on hunting mode, finds it, and PAYs Premium Price.:ph34r:, will still regret not preorder it)

Knowing my bad habits,  Option 1 will be the Cheapest way for me.

Exactly. can feel your pain bro... 

Regular release for me. I would prefer for them to fit in with the valks I already have. But I wouldn't hesitate to get the premiums if that's all they offer. No way I'm not having these two in my collection.

As for the Bandai question, I'm not worried about it. As mentioned above I like consistency. I'll stick primarily with Yamacadia V2's. I might get a Bandai for novelties sake or if they offer the delta schemes or something else unique that I don't expect Arcadia to release.

16 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Is this a confirmed thing?

Is this like the 1/35 scale they showed off, or a DX style 1/60 scale vf-1?

No, it's a fear, not a confirmed thing. Like we'll all spend $300 on 3x premium releases just to have Bandai say "here's an even better toy."

47 minutes ago, jenius said:

No, it's a fear, not a confirmed thing. Like we'll all spend $300 on 3x premium releases just to have Bandai say "here's an even better toy."

Ah, ok.

I'm not that worried, as that would be a guaranteed buy for me, if it is the 1/35 scale.  I wouldn't collect in that size (if they did more than one), because that is simply too huge, but I'd definitely get one.

I'll probably pass on the Arcadia M&M anyway, unless the preorder price is within $50-60 of what HMR Milia is going for now. 

On 4/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, no3Ljm said:

Regular for me please. ;)

Either way im not fussed at all but if they do offer a premium version I'll definitely chose that seeing my original Yamato M&M's technically are the regular version.. though no doubt these re-issues will be 100% identical physically, the premium version will kinda be an "upgrade"..

The Bandai HMR color scheme are canon from episode 27 Love Flows By (final battle against the Bodol fleet).  At the time the entirety of humanity was on board the Macross so the super packs were likely custom tailored to their valkyries. 

However in episode 30, Viva Milia, they launch their valkyries from Earth without super packs (using booster rockets).  Once in space they have the standard green packs attached like all the other valkyries. 

Maybe Yamato (and now Arcadia) was splitting the difference?  These don't match the show at all really (except the solid colored leg armor in the lazy-colored battroid back-to-back shot above).

Bandai screwed up by not making TV arm armors, dumb, would have been simple.

Regardless I don't care, I'll be buying these. ;)

Edited by easnoddy
mistake