Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

20 hours ago, mechaninac said:

^ Oof! That's likely to leave a mark, specially the Orgroid.  I'm actually hoping that the Orguss II gets included in HLJ annual X-mas/end of the year sale... it would make it much more palatable to bite.

It is. September's going to get hurt. But if it's going to included on those sale, that's going to be my second one. I bought my duplicates during sale. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

• 2 weeks later...

wait i thought preorders from PF millia came and went?  or did i imagine that.  i ordered a regular one fo rmillia...haven't seen a max preorder yet.

as for bandai 1/35...what does that have to do with it?  different scales...i would think different licenses, no?  i mean HMR overlaps both SDFM and DYRL stuff and is released in same calendar years as arcadia stuff, no?

i don't htink i coudl afford to collect bandai 1/35 anyway, can't imagine what they would cost.  i'd get myabe 1 or 2 at most, and it'd be the sdfm 1j hiarku and the 1s roy and of course FAST packs for roy's even though it was hikaru that used them.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I'm thinking summer or late 2019 for the DYRL 1/35th Anniversary VF-1......which means no DX-scaled VF-1 until after 2019.....I'm guessing it will be a limited run, in terms of model types....VF-1J and VF-1S Roy or possibly the VF-1S Hikaru with SSP.....

This means more HMR VF-1's to come so as not to cannibalize on other Bandai PT VF-1 scales...

The HMR DYRL VF lineup will be close to completion by the time the SuperO is released (if you count the HM VF-1A's).....all they would need is a Max -1S (websclusive?)....

The SDFM HMR lineup will need to catch up quickly...so Bandai has possibly until 2019/2020 to finish up....

Guessing we will see a VF-1D (VR?) and the rest of Vermillion Squadron...in-between the Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau, N-Ger and possibly a Scout Regult.....at this point I think we may not get the Alaska Base -1A, Cavaliers, or AngelBirds (hoping for websclusives)....instead they may finish off the HMR VF-1 lineup with the Macross Delta VF-1A Hayate and Mirage set.....

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I'm thinking summer or late 2019 for the DYRL 1/35th Anniversary VF-1......which means no DX-scaled VF-1 until after 2019.....I'm guessing it will be a limited run, in terms of model types....VF-1J and VF-1S Roy or possibly the VF-1S Hikaru with SSP.....

This means more HMR VF-1's to come so as not to cannibalize on other Bandai PT VF-1 scales...

The HMR DYRL VF lineup will be close to completion by the time the SuperO is released (if you count the HM VF-1A's).....all they would need is a Max -1S (websclusive?)....

The SDFM HMR lineup will need to catch up quickly...so Bandai has possibly until 2019/2020 to finish up....

Guessing we will see a VF-1D (VR?) and the rest of Vermillion Squadron...in-between the Tomahawk, Phalanx, Q-Rau, N-Ger and possibly a Scout Regult.....at this point I think we may not get the Alaska Base -1A, Cavaliers, or AngelBirds (hoping for websclusives)....instead they may finish off the HMR VF-1 lineup with the Macross Delta VF-1A Hayate and Mirage set.....

Lol, I think you are gettin a bit carried away man

We already have a "DX" VF-1.....it's currently produced by Arcadia.....

If you follow the history of Macross VF-1 toys....we are due for an all-new "DX" scaled VF-1.....we just do not know who will release it...so far the "evidence" indicates it may be Bandai....

The 1/35th VF-1 could be either a massive thank you to the fans for 35 years of supporting the franchise (or a middle finger depending on your point of view/finances)....or simply Bandai giving us a taste of what's to come in a "DX" scale....

Yamato used the knowledge gained in designing their 1/48 to release the 1/60.....Bandai could be doing the same with the 1/35 but instead will skip its release and go straight to the "DX" scale version...only time will tell...

The reason I question the 1/35 next year is that it would probably be priced similar to an Arcadia PF, maybe a bit higher but ballpark similar. So definitely different scale but they would compete in some regard. Of course, that's more a concern for Arcadia than Bandai.

Ouch. If this DX 1/35 should come into fruition with an Arcadia PF price. Hopefully it's a VF-1 PF price and not SDF-1 PF price. And if so, I'll probably just get Hikaru Valks. I think that's it for me on VF-1 collecting. I should close it with a bang -- Hikaru's DX 1/35 VF-1J, VF-1A, and VF-1S. And hoping that it's detailed and tampoed like Hasegawa's 1/48 kits.

No further update after being notified that it was pushed back to 9/30. 

If google translate is correct it looks like Max pre-order starts tomorrow. :yahoo:

"From 9/15 tomorrow "VF - 1 J Super Valkyrie Maximilian Ginnasse boarding machine" will start reservation at retail shops nationwide nationwide!"