Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

20 minutes ago, jenius said:

You're making the assumption that there are more issues now then there were with Yamato and what you're being told, and what you're ignoring, is that that's not the case. The latest release will ALWAYS have the most vocal outcry about perceived quality issues. You've stepped into a recency fallacy and you don't realize it.

and i disagree. having may valks sorry but i know where new issues crop up or not.

sorry if that's an opinion you can't accept. you seem to ignore the other posts that talk about arcadia having shittier QA than yamato.

let's back this up with receipts. show me the posts of Yamato Max and Miria having these issues? i'd like to see the hard points in particular of Max and Miria and the stress marks.  

@jenius ok i gotta go to work and won't be back online till monday. so i'll respond then but regardless, i always respect your reviews but strongly disagree with your posts and go back and forth with you, this has been going on for years, so what's new. ^_^ alright peace, till we debate later. 

@technoblue my banter is usually with Jenius, let's not argue. laters.   

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I don't know why I'd go through effort trying to convince you your opinion is wrong when you're already choosing to ignore the evidence that's been presented to you. You like your opinion and you're entitled to have it.

While my opinion is that the Yamato toys had plenty of QC issues along the way (even M&M), I would leave the door open to the possibility that Arcadia has somehow made it worse. It's possible some valks seem better made then others is just a reflection of how good the factory workers were at that moment in time. Maybe the sheering of the hard points does relate to application of glue when two pieces of the wing are brought together. Since the sheering of hard points seems to be a fairly random QC issue (from the first V2 to Arcadia), I would lean toward it most likely relating to a human element rather than a mold. 

My criticism is not about wich company is better

I know nothing about the molds deterioration I focus in the sale prices

I understand the manufacturing cost has been increase but even so for me is overpriced 

And I would accept it if Arcadia announce what determined for their own profits at the end is a business and if they pay for the rights and the molds can do it

I disagree is tell us that the increase is because the improve of quality when is not

Arcadia VF-1J Millia for $157.60 with Free shipping from AmiAmi after 20% coupon : PSPRING20

One-time use per ebay account, valid till 8PM Pacific time (or multiple times with guest checkout)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273101890781

+ 2% ebay bucks makes this $155 nett.

Go go go!

Edited by aaajin

On 3/9/2018 at 1:39 PM, jenius said:

I don't know why I'd go through effort trying to convince you your opinion is wrong when you're already choosing to ignore the evidence that's been presented to you. You like your opinion and you're entitled to have it.

While my opinion is that the Yamato toys had plenty of QC issues along the way (even M&M), I would leave the door open to the possibility that Arcadia has somehow made it worse. It's possible some valks seem better made then others is just a reflection of how good the factory workers were at that moment in time. Maybe the sheering of the hard points does relate to application of glue when two pieces of the wing are brought together. Since the sheering of hard points seems to be a fairly random QC issue (from the first V2 to Arcadia), I would lean toward it most likely relating to a human element rather than a mold. 

ok i'm back from break.  no receipts?  your reply is not presenting evidence and just saying the same thing as me. lol  ok i guess we're even. i followed the yamato max and miria threads and no. hard points popping off and stress marks were not an issue. virgin road which is similar color, nothing. how about the 1/48's Max and Miria? any stress mark complaints on the hard points?  well, i guess arcadia must have human element with these stress marks. 

I'm confused as to why you think the hard points were special on Yamato's M&Ms. Other Yamato toys had them break and they're all the same toy from the same mold. There are several reports of broken Yamato hard points on several releases. Picking rare releases and saying "but I never heard about it" as if telling mw is an official way of registering a complaint is... An odd form of evidence.

Any who, my point is that absent evidence, and the lack of evidence is not evidence, it's too soon to say things are worse.

Edited by jenius

For what it’s worth, I own almost all the 1/60s from Yamato and Arcadia. I’ve had hard points break on Yamato VF-1D, TV VF-1S, 2xDYRL, and a TV VF-1A Max.  It does happen on Yamato’s too and no I wasn’t being rough with them.  Those parts can wear out so be careful when removing/applying missiles and be ready with some glue if it happens.

I think the biggest difference (or area to complain) about Yamato/Arcadia is the lack of printing on the aircraft. I have the PF finishes too and will order more, but there is a difference in the “regular” finish in the amount of detail paint in Arcadia and Yamato. I’m sure it was a cost cutting measure for Arcadia and there were probably lots of arguable reasons why they did this as a business but it still stings. 

Can some one that owns a early release of any arcadia VF-1S Fokker or Hikaru post a close up of the hard points?

This is the best I found surfing the web (credits to anymoon) this is a Arcadia DYRL VF-1S SSP. And seems that it still has the old Yamato molding on the hard points

Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-6D.jpg.471f16624c1877c5adf94b9008f8f708.jpg

You can see how nicely the pylons fit unlike in the photo I phosted from my Max broken hard point.

Arcadia did messed up the mold. I compared and my Max and Miria have the same molding on the hard points.

Edited by Froy

8 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm confused as to why you think the hard points were special on Yamato's M&Ms. Other Yamato toys had them break and they're all the same toy from the same mold. There are several reports of broken Yamato hard points on several releases. Picking rare releases and saying "but I never heard about it" as if telling mw is an official way of registering a complaint is... An odd form of evidence.

Any who, my point is that absent evidence, and the lack of evidence is not evidence, it's too soon to say things are worse.

fair point. most of the guys on here may be new and may have not been around back in the yamato days or do not have rare valks. but yes, i'm going to use specifically comparing Max and Miria bc that is this thread is about them, fair or not fair. i own them and many others have including you. and there were threads back in the days on max and miria. im probably talking to an empty lot bc most of the old timers left and moved on from Macross World and i only see mostly new users active with low post count. so no one recent can compare.... but you were on at the time and can't point it out bc there was no posts on those old threads of stress marks.  most of the owner are no longer on here posting but there are threads on it and the only real issue were the white paint scraping off easy.

the reason i was specifically responding to you. having owned it yourself, i kept asking for evidence. did you had issue with yours max and miria personally with stress marks? did you ever see this issue back in the days on the old threads? you have a site that reviews a recent arcadia vf-1 paint coming off a premium finish valk. so im pretty sure you would've mentioned it.  how about other dark color valks or the 1/48 max and mirias? i never heard of even one issue or the color being this sensitive to stress marks.  it's happening with arcadia max and was reported on here by several users. 

but my argument on hard points is silly, i agree.    but make no mistake about it the mold is degrading and contributing to the hard point issue.

sorry if you can't see it. honestly, i think you don't want to admit to clear evidence.

7 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

For what it’s worth, I own almost all the 1/60s from Yamato and Arcadia. I’ve had hard points break on Yamato VF-1D, TV VF-1S, 2xDYRL, and a TV VF-1A Max.  It does happen on Yamato’s too and no I wasn’t being rough with them.  Those parts can wear out so be careful when removing/applying missiles and be ready with some glue if it happens.

I think the biggest difference (or area to complain) about Yamato/Arcadia is the lack of printing on the aircraft. I have the PF finishes too and will order more, but there is a difference in the “regular” finish in the amount of detail paint in Arcadia and Yamato. I’m sure it was a cost cutting measure for Arcadia and there were probably lots of arguable reasons why they did this as a business but it still stings. 

thanks mcfly50, good to see an long time face. 5 valks having issues proves me wrong. sorry to hear that happened. i haven't had many issues myself but only the first release roy vf-1s which i manhandled had a hard point come off and a foot pop off a angel bird.

in terms of tampo print arcadia yamato, yeah, bandai is just killing arcadia. i have doubles of each PF finish on order but costs are kinda high. i may stop getting doubles at this point.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

7 hours ago, Froy said:

Can some one that owns a early release of any arcadia VF-1S Fokker or Hikaru post a close up of the hard points?

This is the best I found surfing the web (credits to anymoon) this is a Arcadia DYRL VF-1S SSP. And seems that it still has the old Yamato molding on the hard points

Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-6D.jpg.471f16624c1877c5adf94b9008f8f708.jpg

You can see how nicely the pylons fit unlike in the photo I phosted from my Max broken hard point.

Arcadia did messed up the mold. I compared and my Max and Miria have the same molding on the hard points.

Froy, i'll try to find my arcadia roy. i need to dig it out and if i do will take pics later.

Froy, thank you for comparing Max and Miria hard points. much better seeing your user pics. very helpful 

The confirmation bias in this thread is overwhelming.  QC problems happen, no company is immune to it.  A few people reporting a problem isn't nearly enough evidence to declare something like "the mold is degraded, RIP Arcadia vf-1s."  

Sure, mold degradation is a thing.  It could even be a real thing that is happening, but drawing that conclusion from so little evidence is ridiculous.  It could also just mean that the failure rate for the mold is going to increase from something like 1% to 3% (I'm totally making these numbers up, but you get the idea).  

Now we could argue forever about how the increased cost should be accompanied by an increase in quality control, and that horse has been beaten to death in more than one thread (and nearly everyone can agree to that).  But it is what it is at this point; I think buying either Yamato or Arcadia valks is a bit of a gamble at this point, for different reasons, so it is up to you which you feel more comfortable gambling on. 

On 3/9/2018 at 3:34 PM, aaajin said:

Arcadia VF-1J Millia for $157.60 with Free shipping from AmiAmi after 20% coupon : PSPRING20

One-time use per ebay account, valid till 8PM Pacific time (or multiple times with guest checkout)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273101890781

+ 2% ebay bucks makes this $155 nett.

Go go go!

Already got the Millia.. need a deal on a Max!!

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

The confirmation bias in this thread is overwhelming.  QC problems happen, no company is immune to it.  A few people reporting a problem isn't nearly enough evidence to declare something like "the mold is degraded, RIP Arcadia vf-1s."  

Sure, mold degradation is a thing.  It could even be a real thing that is happening, but drawing that conclusion from so little evidence is ridiculous.  It could also just mean that the failure rate for the mold is going to increase from something like 1% to 3% (I'm totally making these numbers up, but you get the idea).  

Now we could argue forever about how the increased cost should be accompanied by an increase in quality control, and that horse has been beaten to death in more than one thread (and nearly everyone can agree to that).  But it is what it is at this point; I think buying either Yamato or Arcadia valks is a bit of a gamble at this point, for different reasons, so it is up to you which you feel more comfortable gambling on. 

honestly, i heard the same reasoning when a few people reporting the arcadia vf-0A/D legs falling off.  people said it is not widespread blah blah blah. and you cant take such a small sample size and it's too early to make that judgement. 

guess what? Mr. K aknowledged  only when a few that actually used to be on MW spoke up and he changed the design flaw for the next release. 

so no fewer than 3 people spoke up. so what now?  

my point is it is not drawing the wrong conclusion if you are an owner of the valk and has posted issues on this thread. more than one on this thread are exhibiting the same problems. as that is a sign that it is happening more frequently. and certain not ridiculous. 

for those that don't own the valk, and do not take pics or cannot observe the changes of design the hard points, it's a bunch of hot air to just following along and agree on an argument no matter how sound it is. not that i'm saying that is you as you may have both Max and Miria. 

but look back at the Arcadia vf-0 tread and you will see the same defense you just gave. not to say you and the others don't have the right to an opinion. but in the case of the vf-0 many people defending it was too quick to make a judgement based on few people were wrong.

the more constuctive posts were people opening up the hip ball joint and seeing the exact design flaw. i'm looking at posts here of owners. 

sorry if i got caught up with another poster, but i starter off by saying due to the mold degradtion it was retooled.

that is a fact pointed by Mr. K arcadia not speculation. then we got a report of broken hardpoint. which i thought maybe a manufacturing error.

once posts came in about stress marks on more than one and broken hard points on a few. then the facts came out that the hard points look different.

that's when i said it's due to the mold degrading to which i read a crap post response that a poster always does occasionally that didn't add to the conversation. so i went off saying give me some proof. though my hard point argument was totally destroyed by Mcfly50. i appreciated his post because he shared first hand user experience of 5 vf-1 hard points breaking off to my shame. but at least his posts talked of personal user experience.

anyhow i'll be back with pics if i can find my first run arcadias and see if the hard points are different.

30 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think it's a healthy debate and there's no harm in continued investigation.

The 1/48s had a different style hard point that barely worked so nothing worth looking at there.

gotcha, thanks on the 1/48s

i was wrong with hard point argument. i'll totally own that one. i was being a total ass.  

i'll put up some pics of whatever arcadia i can find in storage. hopefully a 1st run. 

2 minutes ago, mcfly50 said:

I had a hard point issue on one of my arcadia max. It happened. At least we don’t have shoulder problems anymore. :)

i'm glad for safe shoulders too =)

ok be back very late tonight.

Just reposting the link to the article on Arcadia's staff blog which discusses the adjustments:

https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/entry-12312374556.html

I'm very curious about the hard point change. It doesn't make sense that the factory would update the fitment of the hard points without correcting the tolerances on those missile connections, but after seeing Froy's breakage photos I'm left wondering about it. Could Arcadia be shipping incompatible missiles? I do think it would be helpful to see a close-up of any good Arcadia Max or Milia 1J Valk with its missiles attached. I wish I still had my standard Max and Milia Valks on hand, because then I would be happy to do it. Unfortunately, I sold my standard copies recently since I decided I didn't want duplicates after purchasing Arcadia's PF versions.

With all the recent discussion on hardpoint differences, thought I'd add in my recent experiences.

Yesterday I finally got around to Yeti'ing my CF units, which of course meant finally putting on all their weapons and putting them on Yeti stands.

On my TV VF-1A, the two innermost hardpoints were really loose. The missiles attached pretty easily but also moved at the slightest nudge. One of the outer hardpoints was pretty snug and tight but still worked fine.

The other outer hardpoint was completely sized incorrectly. No matter how much force I used or however I twisted and turned, I couldn't get the missiles to attach properly. I swapped missiles and had the same problem. On visual inspection the hardpoint looked identical to the others but clearly was off by enough to keep it from working correctly. I tried shaving some of the plastic off the inside of the circle, and was able to kinda get the missile on, but still only half attached.

I ended up just switching it with another CF 1A and relegated this one to battroid duty. The other CF unit had no problems with its hardpoints.

On my movie CF 1A (this is a third unit), I could not get the super parts booster clip that goes under the backpack to fit properly. I had not had any such issues with any of my other DYRL valks. Looking under the backpack, it appeared that the "forks" that are supposed to slide underneath the backplate simply would not slot into place. They'd simply slide directly under the slot they were supposed to fit into, which prevented me from attaching the back boosters.

I had to unscrew the entire backpack in order to get everything slotted in place, and then screw the backpack back on top of it. Then I was able to attach the super parts booster.

So those are the recent problems I had with my two CF units. The tolerances were off on just a couple of pieces by enough to cause everything to simply not work properly.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The other outer hardpoint was completely sized incorrectly. No matter how much force I used or however I twisted and turned, I couldn't get the missiles to attach properly. I swapped missiles and had the same problem. On visual inspection the hardpoint looked identical to the others but clearly was off by enough to keep it from working correctly. I tried shaving some of the plastic off the inside of the circle, and was able to kinda get the missile on, but still only half attached.

I have a similar issue with my Arcadia DYRL Super Roy.  There is one hardpoint that has slightly thinner notches/ledges, whatever you want to call them, for the hard point locking mechanism.  What this meant was that reaction missiles would stay on fine, the missile pods were mostly ok, but a little loose, and the TV-style missiles would fall off from the slightest bump.  There was only one hardpoint like this.  What I ended up doing was thickening up one of the TV style missiles (with nail polish) to use on that hardpoint when I wanted TV missiles there.

I think the hardpoints are generally a point of weakness in the design, regardless of the manufacturer, where even a slight variation in production can result in a flawed hardpoint.  I think the whole "locking mechanism" is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Edited by HardlyNever

On 16/03/2018 at 5:22 PM, jenius said:

After seeing how simple and affective the locking mechanism was on the KC SD VF1 toys,I agree.

I just looked at your review video and I could only guess that the attachment is more like Bandai DX. Which is a much more robust design over the Yamato/Arcadia design only because it can't rotate to accommodate different wing sweeps.

On a side not I had one peg on my 30th anniv Roy hard point that broke this weekend. I had to glue and reinforce it with a mixture of Cyanolite glue+ babypowder

9 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Does anyone know or have an approx. release date for the Premium Miria? Trying to balance my pre-order toy budget.  :wacko:

-b.

Funny you should ask.  NY just sent out an e-mail saying the 30th of this month.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:04 AM, technoblue said:

Could Arcadia be shipping incompatible missiles? I do think it would be helpful to see a close-up of any good Arcadia Max or Milia 1J Valk with its missiles attached.

Sorry, I didn't see your request until just now.

miriyamissiles.thumb.jpg.5c811dd07131c0fcb82d539da55c5fd3.jpg

maxmissiles.thumb.jpg.7dfb3049dafd392bde42540ec1a80a0b.jpg

Hope it helps.  

Noticed that someone on eBay is selling an Arcadia VF-1J Super Valkryie (Miria) for $215.88 + free shipping. With the 15% coupon eBay is running today, that brings the price down to $183.50.

Why did I buy mine without coupon yesterday? Why?! *sigh* My timing sucks.