Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

23 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

The first person to get their toy wins! :lol:

Am I first?  What do I win?  :p

5a459ef3c29d2_VF-1JMax.thumb.jpg.f7ab78c8327d18ca9da85439cb2034c9.jpg

Nice clean paint work, especially on the figure...

clean_paint.thumb.jpg.26ca11cc004b89b64abbcbcb78f2c3a7.jpg

Crisp tampography, as good as Yamato's...

5a45a210ebacd_tampoed.thumb.jpg.ee11112c46ed3b088645ed9fcc6ca6fc.jpg

...and even some details absent from my Yammie, like the numbers on the back.

5a45a20ec9cad_newtampo.thumb.jpg.7a579816dded87b25d15f8416bf20993.jpg

Edited by tekering

50 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

You win a blue and white VF-1J in 1/60 scale...:clapping::D

Bummer.  I already had a blue and white one.  :mellow:

similar.thumb.jpg.c4bbf1a9c9b3b3e2832fb95d3bc67b33.jpg

Of course, the FAST packs add a little more distinction...  ^_^

distinct.thumb.jpg.2f58514c752202f676afa8408ab9e6c5.jpg

However, attaching the larger missiles to the right wing turned out to be an impossibility:

fail.thumb.jpg.1ced03a4f5735817c8e2ba678a28189c.jpg

Arcadia still can't get the hard points right.  You can see where the outer missile mount just fell out, and how the plastic is all mashed up on the front of the inner hard point because the tolerances aren't quite accurate enough to successfully attach the missile mount... so I'll have to file down some plastic and try again.  <_<

Take care, guys.  

That totally sucks. 

I'm not sure what plastic these are made of but if you can find out, maybe you could try a cement specifically made for that plastic. Superglue is ok for holding parts wich aren't under force as when putting the missiles on, what you need is a glue that will weld the hardpoint back on the wing. 

Box art notwithstanding, Max is looking good! Almost makes me wish I'd gotten one. Though with limited space at this point, I'm going to stick mainly with HMR. Just wish Bandai had used the same color scheme on the HMR.

For the toys themselves, is Arcadia's blue and red for Max and Milia essentially the same as Yamato's?

On 12/28/2017 at 8:11 PM, tekering said:

Bummer.  I already had a blue and white one.  :mellow:

similar.thumb.jpg.c4bbf1a9c9b3b3e2832fb95d3bc67b33.jpg

Of course, the FAST packs add a little more distinction...  ^_^

distinct.thumb.jpg.2f58514c752202f676afa8408ab9e6c5.jpg

However, attaching the larger missiles to the right wing turned out to be an impossibility:

fail.thumb.jpg.1ced03a4f5735817c8e2ba678a28189c.jpg

Arcadia still can't get the hard points right.  You can see where the outer missile mount just fell out, and how the plastic is all mashed up on the front of the inner hard point because the tolerances aren't quite accurate enough to successfully attach the missile mount... so I'll have to file down some plastic and try again.  <_<

Take care, guys.  

That breakage was on your new Max?  I've only seen that happen once before on my original Hikaru 1A release from way back.

So, I've gotten both the normal edition and preordered the premiums, but I'm not likely to keep both sets.  Really the only reason I care about the premium version is getting a set of super packs with the printed kites.

If they release a premium Hikaru 1J with packs, I'll grab one of those too.  I just hate the idea of using stickers for that kind of thing.  If I could just buy premium super packs, I'd be set. :lol: 

On 12/31/2017 at 4:53 PM, Chronocidal said:

So, I've gotten both the normal edition and preordered the premiums, but I'm not likely to keep both sets.  Really the only reason I care about the premium version is getting a set of super packs with the printed kites.

If they release a premium Hikaru 1J with packs, I'll grab one of those too.  I just hate the idea of using stickers for that kind of thing.  If I could just buy premium super packs, I'd be set. :lol: 

If the kite is all you're really interested in, you can always just grab a set of third party decals off ebay. I used them for my TV Super 1S.

5a4e34779a37f_VF-1STVsuper01.jpg.b0bf4d6a9546976d5ce8e0e4b0fa8c59.jpg

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

If the kite is all you're really interested in, you can always just grab a set of third party decals off ebay. I used them for my TV Super 1S.

I might someday, but really, it's not the markings themselves, it's the principle of the thing.  I think those should have been tampo printed all along. :lol: 

Also, the idea of keeping things in "out of the box" condition appeals to me to some extent... but then again, with the fast packs, that's already been lost for the most part, since I modified most of my packs so they don't stress the tails so much.  Maybe it's just time to suck it up and put the skulls an kites on my sets. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, valhary said:

I want to see how Arcadia will justify the issues because remember according to them the overpriced it's due to the better quality compared to Yamato:angry:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-macross-thread.101574/page-2496

I don't think quality has anything to do with it, I think it's just that Yamato produced themselves right out of business by not adjusting to increasing costs.  I have to give Arcadia at least a little credit for attempting to find cheap ways to give people more than just a straight re-release at a 50% markup. 

3 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that's incorrect. the Yamato Max 1J always had the numbers on the back on all the rear fins. top and bottom.

Might be thinking of the Virgin Road, since I don't think that ever had canon modex numbers on it.  I think the M&Ms otherwise came out near the peak of Yamato's tampo-happy period, where they were cramming more and more markings onto the VF-1 releases.  The M&M fast pack sets also got printed with some markings that none of the others ever did, if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't think quality has anything to do with it, I think it's just that Yamato produced themselves right out of business by not adjusting to increasing costs.  I have to give Arcadia at least a little credit for attempting to find cheap ways to give people more than just a straight re-release at a 50% markup. 

Might be thinking of the Virgin Road, since I don't think that ever had canon modex numbers on it.  I think the M&Ms otherwise came out near the peak of Yamato's tampo-happy period, where they were cramming more and more markings onto the VF-1 releases.  The M&M fast pack sets also got printed with some markings that none of the others ever did, if I remember correctly.

thanks Chrinicidal! good eyes man =)  i just wanted to clear it up for those reading this thread dedicated specifically to the super vf-1j as it gives off the impression it's comparing same models, though they share similarities in color, the virgin road is a different variant.     

Got my Max yesterday. So nice to finally have M & M side by side. Unfortunately it didn't arrive issue free.

The left head laser is really loose. Should be an easy fix with some Future but until then I can't pose it in any mode without it falling down.

Also have an issue with the neck part that flips around when going from fighter to battroid. It won't stay level when in battroid and keeps swiveling back so that the head is always looking up. I'm assuming it's just due to a little extra plastic around the joint that is pushing it out of position. I'm planning to remove the pin connecting the pieces to clean it out. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

Both minor issues but no one likes to have to take apart and fix a $200 collectible as soon as it arrives. No regrets though. It wasn't that long ago that I thought there would be no way for me to afford this pair. Now I have them and couldn't be happier. 

15 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

I work as a flight attendant in Chile and had my Max sent to a hotel in Miami. Gonna have to wait till the 25th, day that I have a flight there to pick it up....

Username checks out :-)

Also how often do you travel to Miami?

Asking for a friend ^^

On 1/4/2018 at 2:48 PM, Boobytrap said:

Got my Max yesterday. So nice to finally have M & M side by side. Unfortunately it didn't arrive issue free.

The left head laser is really loose. Should be an easy fix with some Future but until then I can't pose it in any mode without it falling down.

Also have an issue with the neck part that flips around when going from fighter to battroid. It won't stay level when in battroid and keeps swiveling back so that the head is always looking up. I'm assuming it's just due to a little extra plastic around the joint that is pushing it out of position. I'm planning to remove the pin connecting the pieces to clean it out. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

Both minor issues but no one likes to have to take apart and fix a $200 collectible as soon as it arrives. No regrets though. It wasn't that long ago that I thought there would be no way for me to afford this pair. Now I have them and couldn't be happier. 

You notice any issues with stress marks on the hardpoints?

7 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

Depends on the rosters I get. But about once every other month. Always have my figures sent to hotels in the US. Customs back home always opens everything to see how much they can charge you. Thats  how another member ended up missing his VF-1S' gunpod....

Damn this hits really close to home.

Chilean, lost gunpod and usually get destroyed by customs fees :-)

I don't travel overseas as much as I want, but customs never looked into my bags. Thought you guys had an even better treatment.