Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How much extra attention does it take for you to be sure your models don't have any marks? I agree it would be great not to have any marks but would it be feasible for a "mass produced" product to recieve the same kind of attention you give your models without making the price go up even more?

Honestly, it's more about placement of the gates than anything else. Aside from that just having a good sharp blade does the trick.

Yes, I think they could do it.  They could do undergating and a variety of other techniques that are affordable.  I still love these Toys and buy them on release everytime and always will. I just think they could elevate their fit and finish to minimize them.

Edited by Ridden001

On 10/19/2017 at 8:48 AM, Mommar said:

You shouldn't have to trim those.  There was never a clear border around the fast pack symbols like there are on some of the other decals.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but looking at the available stickers that came with Milia, it does appear that there is a clear border around the kite symbols. The skull symbols, on the other hand, have no clear border. 

So back to my original question, any tips on how to trim circular stickers? I can do straight edges fine but am never able to do circle ones well. 

Pic below on my sticker set for Milia does show he clear border around the kite symbol:

nTh3gg7.jpg

7 hours ago, locidm said:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but looking at the available stickers that came with Milia, it does appear that there is a clear border around the kite symbols. The skull symbols, on the other hand, have no clear border. 

So back to my original question, any tips on how to trim circular stickers? I can do straight edges fine but am never able to do circle ones well. 

Pic below on my sticker set for Milia does show he clear border around the kite symbol:

I use a pair of small scissors meant for modeling, like these:

https://hlj.com/product/TAM74031

Small nose hair scissors work well too (provided yours aren't all gross from being up in your nose).

9 hours ago, locidm said:

nTh3gg7.jpg

I didn't realize the Kite decals were different here.  I tend to use curved eyelash scissors for rounded decals that have borders.

Thanks guys for the input. It sounds like small and sharp scissors are the way to go. I'll try it out. Thanks!

BTW, the wives of MW members are now not only without their nail polish, also gone are the eyelash scissors. LOL.

Edited by locidm

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Great pic!!! But you have the arm packs switched (change them, and the screws visible on the left arm end on the inside of the right arm).

LOL. I did it late last night past my bed time and it shows. :) 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I'm not married...

Well you have free reign over where you can and can't put your Macross collectibles then! Not to mention total financial control. 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

The number of model-making tools and accessories you find in the beauty and makeup section of your local market is pretty surprising actually. :lol: 

At the end of the day, make-up is to make girls (and some guys) look pretty. Modeling tool is to make toys look pretty. I guess this shouldn't be too surprising. LOL

12 hours ago, locidm said:

At the end of the day, make-up is to make girls (and some guys) look pretty. Modeling tool is to make toys look pretty. I guess this shouldn't be too surprising. LOL

Agreed, I have one of this in my desk to clean my valkst, stolen from my wife’s makeup bag xD

C0EE4E0F-F8FC-4291-8CFA-A219B5145841.jpeg

Edited by linitrofe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Valkyrie23 said:

I actually received my NY emails tonight. First one notifying me of Max release date change to 12/28 vs 12/31. Second email was the payment request. 

They they did this with Millia (saying an earlier release date and request for payment) and then she got delayed another month after I made the payment

43 minutes ago, Nonrenormalizable said:

Did you pay in USD? Or yen and paid for exchange fee?   

Paying in JPY is usually cheaper than paying in USD at NY. Even better if you have a card that doesn't charge a foreign transaction fee and gives a good exchange rate.