Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

31 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

So, fun fact, this goes back clear to the Yamato release.  I remember the exact same thing about mine, the tail section was insanely tight to fold up.

My Arcadia VF-1S Roy had the same issue with the flap on the tail/backpack section.

After looking at it, the reason appears to be that the nubs were on the sides of the peg it rotates around, rather than the ends, and the nub wasn't cleaned off very well. Essentially a big chunk of extra plastic rotating around inside the peg hole. Cut it flush with a hobby knife before I glued the hinge back over the top and no more issues.

I'm happy to report the QC on mine is top notch but by God is there a lot of paint you have to be very careful with at the top of battroid mode. I have no serious damage through one transformation but I can only assume I didn't scratch anything going back into fighter mode. I like Bandai's reinterpretation of the area in question as being red... sure allows for some peace of mind. 

5 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm happy to report the QC on mine is top notch but by God is there a lot of paint you have to be very careful with at the top of battroid mode. I have no serious damage through one transformation but I can only assume I didn't scratch anything going back into fighter mode. I like Bandai's reinterpretation of the area in question as being red... sure allows for some peace of mind. 

It does have a lot of paint.

I've transformed mine 3 times and the top paint is ok, but the back of the two back lights still gets scratched.

6 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

I am becoming concerned for my order from NY. Last update on 10/18 was "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment". 15 days have gone by and nothing has entered customs yet? Is this typical for SAL Registered? :mellow:

"Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" doesn't mean much, its a general blah blah blah...

it's best to check the tracking from the japanpost site first , what you want to see this "Dispatch from outward office of exchange"  (if you see that then you should be good, give it 2 weeks or so from that date)   it means it left japan.  When it get to the USA, it could just sit somewhere or even waiting to get to customs for days to weeks.  they are not going to scan it until they have time to process it.  So you can have days to week without updates.  There's also scans that they do internally that does not show to customers.

My Register sal small packet (vf-1j) from nippon-yasan came in pretty quick , but was a bit beat up.  (usps should be processing everything asap right now to make room for the upcoming holiday season which should start about 2 weeks from now)

IMG_1765.png.1a26c88b6a758a17e1418f682e9dc4e1.png

IMG_1756.JPG.8a51c27dacb8c30a4234672ada0c24e3.JPG

38 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Damn! Did a Zentradi sit on that package?? Anyway, my package was listed 'Outward Exchange' on 10/18.

if it's "dispatched" , then you should definitely see some update this week.  let's hope they just missed the arrival at inward office of exchange scan and your next update will be at your sorting center.

My package was most likely on the bottom of the containers..... they would probably want to sit on a bigger box anyways. ;)

Mine was also dispatched from office of outward exchange on 10/18. If I understand correctly it doesn't necessarily mean it will arrive two weeks later, but depends on availability of cargo space. If no space SAL gets pushed back until there is space. The longest I've waited was like six weeks. I do hope it shows up quickly, and in good condition.  

19 minutes ago, Froy said:

Mine just came in.

10 freaking years waithing for this!

Need to find some time to make some photos along with the 1/48.

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

Congrats on getting one!! I missed out on Yamato's 1/48 & V.2 1/60's so I'm stoked for having Milia and soon Max! 

I look forward to your 1/48 pics! 

Mine also arrived after three weeks in the mail and 10 years of waiting!

FEi6Nni.jpg

i will savor the moment and enjoy this for as long as I can. :)

Edit: now if Arcadia does VT-1 already I can wrap up my want list for VF-1s. 

Edited by locidm

Just now, chyll2 said:

Max version are both sold out while both Miria toys are available for purchase (regular) or pre-order (premium). I thought people are pairing this with the other.

there may be a fair number of folks who were halfway to a complete set?

On 11/3/2017 at 5:18 AM, sh9000 said:

1645AF71-99E8-43FA-821F-DEFA8F5276F8.jpeg.98273cc2b1041a589a367c1c46016168.jpeg

Another one being done by LEK Custom Toys.  Awesome.

This is awesome! :wub: 

To be honest, doing this kind of paint application is great. There's no way you're going to make errors. ^_^

Millia has landed!...:yahoo:

Got N-Y's shipping notification on the 20th of October and it was waiting for me by my front door this evening.  Japan to CT-USA in 19 days via SAL, not bad.

I just hope that Max's will be available at N-Y for the same pre-order price upon release, just like Millia's is.  I procrastinated too long and now it's listed as NOT AVAILABLE:(... Millia needs the hubby/nemesis.^_^