Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

12 hours ago, jenius said:

At least they told us they're making some tweaks. I think I want my HMR Defender that's shipping with it more than the VF-1J toy at this point. 

Yeah, I shipped my private warehouse today. My two defenders and SOC Mazinkaiser had another 10 days before the 60 limit. I seriously doubt Milia is going to be release the first week in October. I am getting a few things in November so she can ship with them. 

55 minutes ago, neko878 said:

Just checked my email today.  NY pushed back release date to 10/31.  I wonder why?

There's no official announcement as to why. But since their last post on their blog is all about fixes, then it's safe to assume that there's still in the stage.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

There's no official announcement as to why. But since their last post on their blog is all about fixes, then it's safe to assume that there's still in the stage.

Thanks for the info no3Ljm.

I'm guessing these "fixes" are from the upgrades.  The waiting continues...

giphy.gif

In the bootleg VF-1 thread there were some theories floating around about the busts that are happening in China with hijacked IP.  Dunno if that's the case or not, but I do know that Arcadia seems to be trying to stop what they can. 

1 hour ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Someone in this thread said degrading mold. What do you mean? The Vf mold is outdated or bad quality period?

Thinking about cancelling my order and just focusing on Metal Build figures

Over time molds wear, slight changes in dimensions and the like. It's why in later runs of gunpla kits you start finding flash.

Personally I suspect it has more to do with their altered tolerances, as it takes a bit to dial those in with injection molded parts, since thermal shrinkage isn't always straightforward and predictable.

They didn't have any problems re-releasing those Roy and Hikaru VF-1's, right? Probably it took some time doing those upgrades they showed on their blog a few weeks ago. Lucky that even the regular release will have those upgrades knowing that there's already existing 2 PF's without those upgrades. 

Anyways, it's too early to panic.

1 minute ago, Zx31 said:

I don't know how we've suddenly made the leap from Arcadia saying "We're making improvements based on feedback from previous releases" to "The molds must be crap and Arcadia is going to give us crap"

Lol...This macross forum....we go from happiness to desperation in one post. From understanding to misunderstand hahahahah

7 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I don't know how we've suddenly made the leap from Arcadia saying "We're making improvements based on feedback from previous releases" to "The molds must be crap and Arcadia is going to give us crap"

This! Is there any evidence or confirmation of any kind that mold degradation is an issue with this? It sucks that I could have not paid yet but other than that, I'm not worried about anything at all. My valks will come to me when they are ready. :) 

100% chance that the post made about mold degradation was pure sarcasm made because some of the earlier 'panic' posts.

It's funny, just cancel your orders if the delays are really that big of a deal and ESPECIALLY if you think the company and the quality of their products is sub-par. Vote with your wallets.

I skip both Arcadia and Bandai releases, while buying other items each company releases. No big deal.

-b.

53 minutes ago, treatment said:

It would be really hilarious if the delay is simply due to Arcadia actually just scrubbing away whatever little tampo-prints were in the regular edition to make their PF-edition more nicer in comparison...

I actually worried about that a while ago.  If it's missing anything, it'll be sold immediately and I'm done with Arcadia forever.

55 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

This! Is there any evidence or confirmation of any kind that mold degradation is an issue with this? It sucks that I could have not paid yet but other than that, I'm not worried about anything at all. My valks will come to me when they are ready. :) 

It 's in the blog https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/. Case 8 (though it doesn't have any pics) states that the surface embossment became weaker on some of the molds. They re-polished and re-etched the molds.

20 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

It 's in the blog https://ameblo.jp/arcadiaac/. Case 8 (though it doesn't have any pics) states that the surface embossment became weaker on some of the molds. They re-polished and re-etched the molds.

Well alrighty then, thanks! I'm still not worried. With the new serial number customer service setup, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a fix if needed. And it seems like the whole point of it is make make it better. Hope that's the case.

sorry, but ive not had the best of experiences with arcadia thus far.  i am concerned. I didn't say i was done with arcadia or whatever - i think the last few posters have overreacted to my overreaction. lol @ the downvote, what is this, reddit? 

Edited by Cowboy17

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

I hope that means they made the panel lines deeper... I've pretty much given up on panel lining my VF-1S's after multiple failed attempts.

10 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Whoops!

Well fair enough, glad that Arcadia recognized the issue and has worked/is working to correct.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Well alrighty then, thanks! I'm still not worried. With the new serial number customer service setup, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a fix if needed. And it seems like the whole point of it is make make it better. Hope that's the case.

Agreed!

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Like I said before. THIS fixes should've done the moment they started reissuing VF-1's. 'Nuff said.

Fair, but like Yamato before, Arcadia seems to have a tendency to try and improve items, even within the same release cycles. Like the current wave of VF-1 releases.

I'd have way more problems with buying items from them if Arcadia knew of issues and did nothing to correct them, or if they outright ignored buyer feedback.

-b.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

*cough*YF/VF19ankles*cough*

Well yeah, and other various part failures throughout the years.

But the rule, rather than the exception is that Yamato and Arcadia now makes improvements to their collectibles. Not all, but certainly more than the average company.

-b.

I am just happy they decided to re-release Max and Milia. There is no way I would pay the second-hand market prices. The delay sucks but better that instead of a $200 toy with quality control issues. 

I do wonder if this will delay the release of the SDF-1 and Max. 

15 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I am just happy they decided to re-release Max and Milia. There is no way I would pay the second-hand market prices. The delay sucks but better that instead of a $200 toy with quality control issues. 

I do wonder if this will delay the release of the SDF-1 and Max. 

For me, delay means more time saving. ;)

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

For me, delay means more time saving. ;)

Same here, I have about 10-12 pre-orders coming out in the next three months and none of them are cheap. I cancelled my pre-order for Re:edit Iron Man House of M armor since I will probably find it later, maybe a discount price if lucky. 

8 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

Same here, I have about 10-12 pre-orders coming out in the next three months and none of them are cheap. I cancelled my pre-order for Re:edit Iron Man House of M armor since I will probably find it later, maybe a discount price if lucky. 

Thought it would help people on saving more due to the delay. But it's pointless now to save, esp when you need to pay upfront the just recent announced Tamashii Web Exclusive DX VF-31A Kairos. :unsure: