Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

Count me as one more who's curious to see how these are priced. I'm much later to the Macross party than many of you, I don't currently own any 1/60 valks, and have been hesitant to get into this scale due to space and price. I'm really into the HMR line, but I keep hearing that every Macross fan should have at least one "Yamarcadia". 

Knowing what the 1/60 V2 go for these days, I was already tempted by NY's preorder price on Hikaru's 1S, and now seeing that M&M will be reissued, it's making me wonder if it might be time to bite. What I'd really like to see, and what I'd almost definitely preorder, is a reissue of the TV VF-1S "Booby Duck" with Hikaru pilot. Given that Arcadia seems to be back in action, so to speak, gives me hope that might actually happen.

11 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

according to MFC on facebook

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1J Millia Jenius 23544¥, Release date in August

should be the same as Strike VF-1S then. 21800 without taxes and retailer discount. NY will probably put it at 18,000 yen

16 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

What I'd really like to see, and what I'd almost definitely preorder, is a reissue of the TV VF-1S "Booby Duck" with Hikaru pilot. Given that Arcadia seems to be back in action, so to speak, gives me hope that might actually happen.

I'm pretty new to the scene myself, but I believe it is quite rare for manufacturers to release official versions of this exact combination.  You can get a Roy vf-1S (with super parts), and you can get a Hikaru pilot for the same scale and combine the two (I've done it in 1/60 scale :lol:), but to actually get the TV skull squadron vf-1s (with the yellow and black) packaged with the tv Hikaru pilot is not something yamato/arcadia or Bandai has ever made.

Again, I'm pretty new to the hobby, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

35 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yamato released a TV VF-1S with super parts set that came with a Hikaru pilot figure instead of Roy.

vf1stvsuper_box_front_view.thumb.jpg.60768b522796bb8ce37556c975f13ed0.jpg

I got super lucky when I found this bundle on Jungle for ¥16,200 just when i had given up all hope.  

Edited by anubis20

33 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

all i need is a preorder date, arcadia, so i can alter my sleep schedule for that day and fake a sick day.  GIVE ME

Probably don't need to as this is Arcadia and not Bandai. Unless there's a premium version.

Edited by wmkjr

12 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Probably don't need to as this is Arcadia and not Bandai. Unless there's a premium version.

you know what that sort of thinking gets you? MISSING OUT ON M&M AND HAVING TO PAY 1500 DOLLARS FOR THE PAIR A YEAR LATER ON EBAY.

Takin' no chances

1 minute ago, Cowboy17 said:

you know what that sort of thinking gets you? MISSING OUT ON M&M AND HAVING TO PAY 1500 DOLLARS FOR THE PAIR A YEAR LATER ON EBAY.

Takin' no chances

This. LOL

Already waiting for the PO button.

5 hours ago, Cowboy17 said:

you know what that sort of thinking gets you? MISSING OUT ON M&M AND HAVING TO PAY 1500 DOLLARS FOR THE PAIR A YEAR LATER ON EBAY.Takin' no chances

Do what you gotta do. I feel you on the missing out part. I had to hunt for a year till I found a price I was comfortable paying for these 2 and the virgin road. Just going by the availability of the VF-1S Hikaru and Roy at online retailers right now, I think it'll either be open for some time or have additional stock upon release.

Edit: Strange that it's only one per person on the Arcadia site.

Edited by wmkjr

17 hours ago, jenius said:

You won't know until September about the premium finish Miria.

#Fockerpremium

How to destroy the M&M secondary market:

1. Announce a M&M re-release with something really minor that's better than the originals. Option parts would be enough.
  2. Open a very small number of pre-orders. Pre-order madness has finally come to Arcadia. This will shock people who thought that the pre-order window would be long or that there would be plenty available at release.
  3. Every week, trickle a bunch of pre-order slots in, enough so that scalpers, the people who missed out on the pre-order, and the fence sitters you've spurred to action have all picked up pre-orders. 
  4. On release ensure an ample supply of units. 
  5. Put the item on sale after an unreasonably short amount of time. Yamato prices or lower.
  6. Two months after release, announce a premium finish version. Rinse and repeat the pre-order tactics.
  7. Two months after the premium finish version has been released, announce a special limited premium collectible version with some extra rainbow canopies you found in a box somewhere and Tenjin box art.

About $185 not including shipping, I'll pass and keep my original Yammie's. Got my M&Ms back in the shelf warmer days for $100 bucks a piece. Happy for those of you who missed out back in the day and don't have to unload a ton of cash to get them into your collection!

12 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

About $185 not including shipping, I'll pass and keep my original Yammie's. Got my M&Ms back in the shelf warmer days for $100 bucks a piece. Happy for those of you who missed out back in the day and don't have to unload a ton of cash to get them into your collection!

Well, one can only hope and pray that the us-dollar spanks the yen at least 180-1 by release-date...

:drinks:

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I might pass as well.  I'll check how much NY sells them for first but I might just end up sticking to my Yamato M&M set MIB and my other set currently displayed in Battroid mode.