Hasegawa 1/72 VE-11D Thunderseeker

chaff.g

She's a stunner!!

I thought this was a kitbash of a VF-11 and a VE-1, or maybe a custom job. I didn't realize Hasegawa came out with a VE-11 kit. Great job.

Did you have to add the micromissile launchers, or did those come with the kit? (Also, wouldn't it not have weapons at all, being a VE and all? If I remember correctly, the VE-1 had custom Super Packs lacking missile launchers and a non-combat gunpod. Though the RVF-25 had its full complement of weapons, so eh...)

11 hours ago, kajnrig said:

I thought this was a kitbash of a VF-11 and a VE-1, or maybe a custom job. I didn't realize Hasegawa came out with a VE-11 kit. Great job.

Did you have to add the micromissile launchers, or did those come with the kit? (Also, wouldn't it not have weapons at all, being a VE and all? If I remember correctly, the VE-1 had custom Super Packs lacking missile launchers and a non-combat gunpod. Though the RVF-25 had its full complement of weapons, so eh...)

I used a few kits for this build, all 1/72 Hasegawa:

* VE-11 Thunderseeker

* VF-11D Thunder Focus

* VF-1 Valkyrie Weapons Set.

* VF-11B Super Thunderbolt

* VE-1 Elintseeker

The final two were used simply to pilfer the decals. I added the missile launchers because it looks cool! Maybe they've been modified with sensors or something :-)

There's also a camera pod that goes along with the build. I'll have to get some photos with it attached the the undercarriage.

• 1 year later...
52 minutes ago, maxoconnor said:

Could you provide a list of the paints you used? I want to attempt this conversion and I'd like to use the same colors.

I used the Mr Color paints recommended in the Hasegawa 1/72 VE-1 Elintseeker kit.

1999.co.jp has scans of model kit manuals where you can find the paints list. For example: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10020300/60/1

One exception is that I used Alclad paints for the metallics.