Sign in to follow this  
blackconvoy_D01

Buyee.JP fee question

Anyone use Buyee for Yahoo auctions bidding? I have a question, please; will I be charged fees per bid or are those fees included with my "win" price? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

http://buyee.jp/help/yahoo/guide/fees?lang=en

For each successful bid:

5% service fee

200 yen payment fee

500 yen insurance and inspection fee

Shipping to warehouse + shipping from warehouse to you

Ok, successful meaning I won the item by bidding, correct? Not, I'm in a back and forth with someone and I have a 500 yen fee for every bid.

1 hour ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Ok, successful meaning I won the item by bidding, correct? Not, I'm in a back and forth with someone and I have a 500 yen fee for every bid.

You will be charged 5% of the final auction bid price....to that you will be charged an additional 0 to 500 JPY....depending if you select to pay for insured delivery, inspection, or any combination of one, both, or neither...you do not have to pay for insured delivery or inspection after delivery....the chances of not receiving an item at the buyee warehouse is slim....the chance of the seller of not sending the item in one piece is slim.....I go for the lite plan most of the times.....in that case Buyee receives the seller's package and they ship it to you in the exact same packaging, inside a buyee box.....what I have noticed, is that buyee usually opens the packages anyway, not sure why or what they would do if it was missing anything or if the items was broken, if you had not requested it to be checked....also, when it comes time to ship your item or items, I never pay for "extra packaging"....yet somehow I also get extra packing material included....YMMV...;)

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

You will be charged 5% of the final auction bid price....to that you will be charged an additional 0 to 500 JPY....depending if you select to pay for insured delivery, inspection, or any combination of one, both, or neither...you do not have to pay for insured delivery or inspection after delivery....the chances of not receiving an item at the buyee warehouse is slim....the chance of the seller of not sending the item in one piece is slim.....I go for the lite plan most of the times.....in that case Buyee receives the seller's package and they ship it to you in the exact same packaging, inside a buyee box.....what I have noticed, is that buyee usually opens the packages anyway, not sure why or what they would do if it was missing anything or if the items was broken, if you had not requested it to be checked....also, when it comes time to ship your item or items, I never pay for "extra packaging"....yet somehow I also get extra packing material included....YMMV...;)

Cool, thanks!

Adding barurutor's reply from another Buyee thread here. Hope it helps.

On 2/5/2014 at 7:02 PM, barurutor said:

Additional notes:

- if the seller is a store, add 5% of the auction price as consumption tax to the shipping fees paid to buyee when you finally have it shipped to you.

- buyee's warehouse is in the kanto region, check the auction description for the seller's rates to that area. The lowest domestic shipping I've encountered was 480 yen, highest was around 1200 yen

- buyee's international shipping rates strictly follow EMS rates (for packages which can be shipped by EMS)

- if your package arrives and has "protective packaging recommended" note, you can request them for photos to decide whether the seller's original packaging will withstand international shipping. They speak english well enough.

- you can adjust the invoice value for customs declaration to avoid paying taxes when it arrives at your country.

Edited by no3Ljm

So I finally made my first purchase on buyee. Honestly, after all the fees, time tables of shippings, etc.; I should've just bought from a US seller on eBay.

Maybe I'll keep buyee for those rare or very low bid/ buy items. 

Lessons learned.

21 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Try fromjapan, it's a bit better in my experience. They don't charge you a prrcentage of the item's cost.

Thanks. I'll give it a try next time.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01