Has anyone heard of UV Adhesives/weld products? - seems interesting...

wm cheng

At first I thought this was going to be some miracle glue to repair our broken toys...

Then after some testing was done, it seems not to hold up well in shear...

However I've found another link that is more model specific and it seems like there are some good alternate uses...

At least it seems like cleaner less messy and easier alternative to 5min epoxy or JBWeld.  The resin casting properties seem neat and maybe able to cast or create an entire small replacement piece for broken toys and I love it as an alternative to PE crazy glue.  Might try to go out to find it somewhere.

I bought some of this awhile back...yeah, it really didn't work that well as a glue/weld. I too was quite hopeful when I saw it. However, it works great as a custom formed support to test-fit and/or glue pieces together after using it. But in the end the bond is as only as strong as the glue you used and maybe it has a little more support as it adheres the resin cast you created to the joint you were repairing.

The music and claims being made in that first video reminded me of this parody of another promise to relieve pain...just not broken toy pain!

As far as I know this is the same acrylic type resin from SLA printers. I've had other people tell me I need to try some out, but I honestly can't think of a use for it - yet. DON'T LOOK INTO THE LIGHT!

I think it may just be a clearer substitute for the other acrylic based glue, Cyanoacrylate (CA). Maybe make windows or navigation lights with it. The problem is most of these yellow with age too. If you try it, let us know how it went. The sun will also make it more brittle like SLA resin (that I do have experience with). - MT

I got some of this stuff from the local Home Depot and it is handy for minor repairs, but the bonding strength is pitiful.  The stuff hardens as advertised, but it can be dislodged with a bit of pressure, i.e. scratching it with a fingernail.  You can probably use it as gap filler, but it is no substitute for rods a good glue.

I haven't checked the chemical formulation but this may be one of these rare places where model makers can benefit from women's products at a cheaper price, I buy acetone / thinner by the gallon from beauty supply store for less than a small bottle of paint, but my girlfriend buys men's razors and shampoo because it costs half as much.

I think this is the same or a similar formulation that is used for UV Gel fingernails, not the paint color they use, but it's a two part powder / gel mixture that when applied and dried under a mild UV light for a few minutes hard as a rock and transparent.  I tried playing with this stuff a few years ago to make some canopies and failed miserably but to be honest I only spent a few dollars, it didn't work and I gave up.