Hasegawa VF-31

seti88

8 hours ago, Hiryu said:

Tried to order from them. They ended up canceling my order because they didn't have any in stock. They seem to be one of those sourcing companies -- not sure if that's what you call it, where you order and they see if they can get it for you.

Dang.. I totally regret not jumping on the pre order. Didn't think these were going to fly off the shelves like the DXs. This variant is beautiful. Wish they would have used it for the main valk instead of the FSW. FSW is so played out imo. 

Ah, sorry to hear that. But a little scratching of some new outer wings should be able to backdate the J to the A.

The instructions on the Hasegawa kit call for the wings, canards, and head to be replaced. Some parts of the nose cone/cockpit are also changed, but these don't seem to be very significant.

The canards (from the Hasegawa instructions, blown up like 400%):

59b88a4ee3073_vf-31canard.png.4497f84440f896bb662b82e71f357d12.png

The nosecone:

59b88a7aefda6_vf-31nosecone.png.0d9798545d0352640de64ee683a341a3.png

EDIT:

While I'm at it, here's the closest I can get to a comparison of the heads. I'm surprised that they've gone ahead and molded the entire head. Does that mean there are Battroid/Gerwalk kits in the works? ...probably not, but it's a welcome surprise regardless. I'm thinking I might get the J and C variants, now.

So far the only releases have been the J, A, and the upcoming C, right?

59b8b96a38f1c_vf-31comparison-head.png.370829153bc8ebc077c3ce737b6c00a3.png

Edited by kajnrig

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I think that's T-50 camo, #2 specifically.  (or at least, very inspired by it) 

yup pretty much, tho the dark blue camo color he painted on was more evident in the su-35 prototype.

I thk the T-50 colors were pretty much all grey... i dont quite see that blue in the t-50 camo..

10 hours ago, kajnrig said:

The instructions on the Hasegawa kit call for the wings, canards, and head to be replaced. Some parts of the nose cone/cockpit are also changed, but these don't seem to be very significant.

The canards (from the Hasegawa instructions, blown up like 400%):

59b88a4ee3073_vf-31canard.png.4497f84440f896bb662b82e71f357d12.png

The nosecone:

59b88a7aefda6_vf-31nosecone.png.0d9798545d0352640de64ee683a341a3.png

EDIT:

While I'm at it, here's the closest I can get to a comparison of the heads. I'm surprised that they've gone ahead and molded the entire head. Does that mean there are Battroid/Gerwalk kits in the works? ...probably not, but it's a welcome surprise regardless. I'm thinking I might get the J and C variants, now.

So far the only releases have been the J, A, and the upcoming C, right?

59b8b96a38f1c_vf-31comparison-head.png.370829153bc8ebc077c3ce737b6c00a3.png

Waiting for someone to kit bash the wings & head onto an Bandai transformable kit...

I'm not feeling it. The black hides a lot of bulk that I always thought the 31 didn't need, to be honest. But with it gone due to the "slimming" the black adds, I actually think I like the phat look. 

It's not horrible but I agree that it's a bit boring. Surprising, given the contrast and colours are anything but. 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:29 AM, Kelsain said:

Waiting for someone to kit bash the wings & head onto an Bandai transformable kit...

Already done with the Seventh Moon kit. I got one a few months back but its only the head and Outboard wings, not the forward canards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow!  The detail on that pilot figure is amazing for 1/72.  The person who built that for Hasegawa has some impressive talent.  I'm also digging the gloss finish on this, surprisingly.  It took Bandai so long to switch from that to more matte textures on their plastic, it's ironic that these more bright and in your face schemes almost need that glossy look to complete the picture.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hasegawa, never one to skip on the details! 

Just so we're clear the 1/72 VF-31A is never ever to be restocked again... sold out forever? 

They might renew it somewhere down the line. They have October re-releases of the VE-1 and VT-1 incoming (should be coming into stores in a week or so), and the VF-19EF/A, which was released just in March, is getting a second production run in December.

6 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

They might renew it somewhere down the line. They have October re-releases of the VE-1 and VT-1 incoming (should be coming into stores in a week or so), and the VF-19EF/A, which was released just in March, is getting a second production run in December.

I sure hope so, would like to get a couple of these (just not at the current Ebay prices). Fingers crossed for a reissue. B))

20 hours ago, kajnrig said:

They are still appearing on Yahoo jp. Picked up 4 so far for about 45us

20 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I sure hope so, would like to get a couple of these (just not at the current Ebay prices). Fingers crossed for a reissue. B))

Dear god, I was not expecting those ebay prices at all. Glad I got myself one already during pre-orders. Ought to be far easier to paint than the other VF-31s as well.

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Dear god, I was not expecting those ebay prices at all. Glad I got myself one already during pre-orders. Ought to be far easier to paint than the other VF-31s as well.

Exactly, I'd like one but not at $130.00 or so per kit.

That's why I like the 31A,, a fairly simplistic paint scheme. 

37 minutes ago, NZEOD said:

They are still appearing on Yahoo jp. Picked up 4 so far for about 45us

...each, or total? Before taxes/proxy fees/shipping, or after? Because one way I'm only mildly jealous, and the other way I'm super super jelly. :p

I'll be sending mine out of PW once the month ends. I can barely wait.

Costs me about 70nzd all up to buy and get shipped to new zealand. So.... pretty happy with that.  Going to paint up some alt paint schemes.

Get in soon guys and girls. HLJ has one pre ordered for me but won't let me increase that amount.

Hobby Search let me order 2.

They maybe getting close to full up on pre order quantities