Hasegawa VF-31

seti88

38 minutes ago, Grayson72 said:

Why is the VF-31A Kairos listed as discontinued on the HLJ site? It was supposed to be released this month.

I got my four in my PW right now... perhaps they sold out of their expected stock?

What slide said. They went from Order Stop straight to Discontinued. Shame, too.

For what it's worth, the VF-19EF/A, also a limited-edition kit, was originally released in March and is getting re-issued in December. Chances are good the same will happen with this kit, since it's so popular.

Yep, I missed out on the Hasegawa VF-1D Gerwalk with the little Minmay figure thinking it was Hasegawa and they're not like Bandai DXs - boy was I wrong!

Oh yeah, definitely I also hope they'll do another release of it. I just don't think it cost them much for the extra tooling was all; I'm sure they've made their profit with just this batch of already sold out kits.

A VF-31B wouldn't be a bad idea, especially since it apparently exists in-universe. It'd be a nice opportunity to shed some light on its properties.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Oh yeah, definitely I also hope they'll do another release of it. I just don't think it cost them much for the extra tooling was all; I'm sure they've made their profit with just this batch of already sold out kits.

A VF-31B wouldn't be a bad idea, especially since it apparently exists in-universe. It'd be a nice opportunity to shed some light on its properties.

I can't find an online reference for what the VF-31B looks like. But I appreciate all basic/cannon-fodder units.

Still can't understand why Hasegawa hasn't done a VF-25A (or YF-25). Very easy mould-recycling opportunities.

15 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

I can't find an online reference for what the VF-31B looks like. But I appreciate all basic/cannon-fodder units.

Still can't understand why Hasegawa hasn't done a VF-25A (or YF-25). Very easy mould-recycling opportunities.

At some point we'll have them... no despair :)

And actually,

9 hours ago, KOG Water Dragon said:

So the relatively reserved amount of VF-25 versions so far seems strange.

Counting the Supers and such, there are already a bunch of versions of the VF-25. In only a few years, too.

- VF-25F/S
- Super VF-25F/S
- VF-25G w/ sound boosters
- Super VF-25G
- RVF-25
- Super RVF-25

...but anyway, now we're getting off track. Has anyone shipped their kits yet, or are you waiting for September/October releases like I am?

EDIT:

Notice how the box art and production photos are different? 

vf-31a.png.02290164e817ddb5a13603905b321da8.png

It's just a change in color palette and lighting, for sure, but I do like the darker tones of the box art scheme. Maybe I'll do one in that, one in the recommended colors.

Edited by kajnrig

Just now, kajnrig said:

...but anyway, now we're getting off track. Has anyone shipped their kits yet, or are you waiting for September/October releases like I am?

No, I'm going to trickle-in the rest of the available Delta kits into my PW, then ship it all... a MINIMUM of 1 pay-cheque before my Local Comic-con at the end of October.

but my wants rarely align with the universe's whims...

On 9/7/2017 at 7:23 PM, Thom said:

Banzai Hobby carries it, and I don't see discontinued anywhere...

http://banzaihobby.com/Hasegawa-4967834658387

And looking at it, it looks like the major difference is just the outer wing section and the paint/decals.

You could backdate the VF-31J to the A with a scratch built outer wing.

Tried to order from them. They ended up canceling my order because they didn't have any in stock. They seem to be one of those sourcing companies -- not sure if that's what you call it, where you order and they see if they can get it for you.

Dang.. I totally regret not jumping on the pre order. Didn't think these were going to fly off the shelves like the DXs. This variant is beautiful. Wish they would have used it for the main valk instead of the FSW. FSW is so played out imo. 

Edited by Hiryu