Hasegawa VF-31

seti88

Wow, how do they get that chrome on the landing gears?!  Great, more boxes for the basement that I'll never get around too...

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Interesting that they built it with a crystal-clear canopy, no tint at all.  

And yeah, I can paint very small things---but not eyebrows on a 1/72 Hayate. 

Looks like hayate has a unibrow!

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Considering the dearth of 31A releases at the mo, the first to the release line in any scale would be hot property...

you mean how the tomytec 1/144 kit is nowhere to be found now? yeah, it is that sold out.

Excited for this one :D

9 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

you mean how the tomytec 1/144 kit is nowhere to be found now? yeah, it is that sold out.

Excited for this one :D

Yeah, no news abt any tomytec macross at shizuoka either, although its still on to the weekend...the tomytec 31A is still hot potatoes...

Edited by seti88

On 5/4/2017 at 1:38 AM, Duymon said:

Is it crazy that I want to buy one of these kits just for the nice pilot fig, recast it and then see if I can stick in in my 1/60 DX'es? 

The DX pilot figs suck

10460298a9.jpg

wow! look at that beautiful clear canopy! and lovely front landing gear! tisk tisk DX..

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Why, was there a prototype VF-27 showed off at one point or another?

Not to my knowledge; just amazed that Hasegawa made sure to produce all variants of the 25 but never did a 27.  They jumped at the SV's from Zero and Delta but to my knowledge there is no "fighter" kit for the 27 anywhere; would love to have at least one in the collection.  Not to fond of buying another Bandai kit and leaving it in fighter only, while I love the actual engineering aspect of those kits, I don't want my fighters showing their tale-tell transformations.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always got the feeling that the -27 wasn't all that popular. It got overshadowed by the -25 and later on the -29, and didn't really seem to develop an identity, a personality, of its own. Compare that to the Draken and the SV-51, both of which make a serious impression as enemy mecha in their respective shows.

Then again, that could just be my personal biases showing through. I didn't think the -27 was all that impressive. :/

I think it is mostly with Japan nature of not really liking enemy mecha, unless it is really cool. Basing from the DX toy, the vf-27 was in discounted price for years and only it has been recently that it has gained the price above SRP.

11 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I was always a fan of the 27s,.... I thought it was really wicked looking. Although it didn't help that it was only ever in pink and green 

That was the only chink in its armor to me as well; though I don't know what would have shown up on screen in space while still separating themselves from the VF-25's and VF-171's.  In D.D.'s paint scheme it would be absolutely sinister.  The main weapon needs to shrink some though.

14 hours ago, chyll2 said:

I think it is mostly with Japan nature of not really liking enemy mecha, unless it is really cool. Basing from the DX toy, the vf-27 was in discounted price for years and only it has been recently that it has gained the price above SRP.

To be fair, the DX toy wasn't very good and the DX "renewal" was just that same not very good toy with a new pelvis and more tampo printing.

3 hours ago, NZEOD said:

ohhh and just when I go and fork out for a 1/72 Seventh Moon VF-31A Bandai conversion kit

Oh? What, where, and how might I do the same if I were so inclined?

I'd imagine it consists of 2x delta wings, 2x larger canards, and maybe an alternate weapons pack? Probably less than 20 parts total?

With that -31A coming we now need wing-suspended ordnance !. I already have a surplus of AMM-101 from the six Hase's VF-25 kits, but got bored of them. Some PaCSWS-X or RMS-7 or even the MDE missile would make things more interesting.

IMGP6837.jpg

IMGP6846.jpg

Edited by ivorysniper
Adding images