3D Model Request - Missile/Ordnance for DX toys

chyll2

Who doesn't love a FAEB?

50 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

???  Now I'm intrigued.  Is this a reference to that biker show?

The folks whose land got the receiving end of that bomb in Macross Zero. Episode 4 near the end. The Mayan islanders.

Edited by wmkjr

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

The Mayans

Fair.

Nobody on the receiving end of air-dropped-munitions seems to be a fan of them...

Latest updates on this SV-51 missile. The design is finished, now I only need to make the attachment to the bottom of the fighter, but for that I need to receive my Arcadia SV-51.

I was also wondering if anyone still has the Yamato version, are the attachments for the Gun to the chargers the same for both versions or do they slightly differ? I can provide both attachments but I have no Yamato anymore

009_02K_Missile_SV51.jpg

010_02K_Missile_SV51.jpg

011_02K_Missile_SV51.jpg

012_02K_Missile_SV51.jpg

Edited by Xigfrid

I might be able to get you measurements if I dig out my old Sv-51s to compare, but the Yamato one didn't use any sort of substantial clip system to mount, it was just a couple of simple friction pegs, since the gunpod was so light.

What you might actually want to consider is making an alternate gunpod magazine with a built in hardpoint, specifically for the FAEB.  I'm not sure how the Arcadia version attaches, but the Yamato one had a couple of folding tabs that locked into the inner surfaces of the legs to hold it in. 

Depending on the shapes and attachment methods, you might need two separate versions for the Yamato and Arcadia versions, but fortunately the gunpod magazines are a pretty simple boxy shape, with minimal details.

21 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I might be able to get you measurements if I dig out my old Sv-51s to compare, but the Yamato one didn't use any sort of substantial clip system to mount, it was just a couple of simple friction pegs, since the gunpod was so light.

What you might actually want to consider is making an alternate gunpod magazine with a built in hardpoint, specifically for the FAEB.  I'm not sure how the Arcadia version attaches, but the Yamato one had a couple of folding tabs that locked into the inner surfaces of the legs to hold it in. 

Depending on the shapes and attachment methods, you might need two separate versions for the Yamato and Arcadia versions, but fortunately the gunpod magazines are a pretty simple boxy shape, with minimal details.

I would gladly gather any info I can regarding the tabs. I remember well that the chargers had retracting tabs to connect into the feet holes. 

Great idea about making a complete charger with the attachment but... this will be kinda too big to be included with the missile i think. 

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So just to check, having come from the DX Chogokin YF-19 thread, is there anyone with a Shapeways listing for DX Chogokin YF-19 missile pylons? I got my YF-19 today and want to share the arsenal love around my other compatible DX Chogokins (VF-31A, YF-29, Draken III, with other VF-31s to come) and was trying to find more of the pylons themselves since it only comes with 6 plus the 2 reaction missile racks. In specific these parts, the ones that physically attach to the wing and the missiles or missile racks plug into:image.png.ca54abe6fa286f8b57d0d86892e56aa9.png

Checking Xigfrid's shop showed pylons like that but designed to interface with his missiles as opposed to for interfacing with the existing missiles.

After a long time finally we could test the resin version of missiles TMM 201 designed by @Xigfrid will be available 2 sets:

-Set "S" includes 4 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one

-Set "M" includes 2 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one and 2 long pylons  with 6 missiles each one

Once are ready for sale we will announce

If you have any question or request additional information please send me a PM 

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_6004.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

Edited by valhary

On 9/9/2021 at 3:17 AM, Atheonyirh said:

image.png.ca54abe6fa286f8b57d0d86892e56aa9.png

Checking Xigfrid's shop showed pylons like that but designed to interface with his missiles as opposed to for interfacing with the existing missiles.

They existed as a plastic recast of the originals, I bought a set on aliexpress. This is why no one has made it on shapeways. You could check if they are still available. If not, it would be the occasion to put a model on shapeways. Let me know.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:58 AM, valhary said:

After a long time finally we could test the resin version of missiles TMM 201 designed by Xigfrid will be available 2 sets:

-Set "S" includes 4 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one

-Set "M" includes 2 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one and 2 long pylons  with 6 missiles each one

Once are ready for sale we will announce

If you have any question or request additional information please send me a PM 

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

That’s nice! I will probably grab a couple sets. Because they need little preparation and little paint for display !

if you can have a perfect mix to match the color of US grey like the spray TS-81, that would be perfecto!

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

They existed as a plastic recast of the originals, I bought a set on aliexpress. This is why no one has made it on shapeways. You could check if they are still available. If not, it would be the occasion to put a model on shapeways. Let me know.

Looking at Aliexpress I'm seeing the KO of the VF-117 missile set much to my surprise, but nothing for the YF-19 and its pylons sadly.

Thanks to Xigfrid (once again) we can start taking orders the sale price of missiles set is $30 USD plus the shipping and the PayPal commissions

Two sets available:

-Set "S" (4 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one)

-Set "M" (2 shorts pylons with 3 missiles each one and 2 long pylons  with 6 missiles each one)

If you interested or have questions send me a PM

* The previous images posted were just for reference the final product may vary in the resin color

The manufacturing process will take us a pair of weeks thanks for you understanding and support

If prefer the 3d print version you can get it here:

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=xigfrid

Edited by valhary

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 7:51 AM, Atheonyirh said:

Looking at Aliexpress I'm seeing the KO of the VF-117 missile set much to my surprise, but nothing for the YF-19 and its pylons sadly.

Do you still have the link? I couldn't find it.  Thank you