3D Model Request - Missile/Ordnance for DX toys

chyll2

8 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

If you are ok to drill 1mm holes, you can use the "Station4" pylons. I can't see how to make removable hardpoints on wings apart using "station4" concept. 

Just noticed those Station4 pylons can't accept your triple pylon for the triangular missiles. I suppose I'd need the "female" hardpoints that are on the 31 already to accept the "male" parts on the triple pylons. 

• 2 weeks later...

Made up the PaCSWS-2C variant today, it was trickier than expected because it is not vertically symmetrical. Since I have access to the Black HP Strong and Flexible beta test, I will order a couple of these in this material and see what this HP printer is all about :)

I have put the 2C next to the 1G variant for size comparison.

05_PaCSWS 2C_bot.jpg

05_PaCSWS 2C_top.jpg

08_PaCSWS 2C 34.jpg

Only have time to snap fit. I have to remove the notches/circular nub-like in the pylon since it is very hard to attach the missiles. I don't know though when will I have time to complete it.

Question on the color of pylon, any suggested Tamiya spray color that would look good?

20170606_220536.jpg

27 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Only have time to snap fit. I have to remove the notches/circular nub-like in the pylon since it is very hard to attach the missiles. I don't know though when will I have time to complete it.

Question on the color of pylon, any suggested Tamiya spray color that would look good?

20170606_220536.jpg

Nice! I also noticed that the tabs were a bit too tight on my PaCSWS-1G. So I have slightly reduced the thickness on the model now (0.1mm just to tell)

Color wise, seriously white is too hard to color match, I just gave up on my VF-1X++ and went with different shades of gray. Just prime it with Tamiya grey primer, then heat up a white primer spray and spray from a 50 - 80 cm distance a very light mist of white primer over it. Repeat the white until you got too different grey shades and finish it with a gloss coat TS-13.

You also have the AS spray cans, with military aircraft colors, but grey primer is cheap and ok!

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2017 at 2:18 AM, Sildani said:

Excellent! Now we just need a "how-to" guide and I'll be set for Mirage!

Don't worry, ask anything you want to know "how" and I will gladly help. If you are concerned about the assembly, everything is as simple as clipsing the missiles on their pylons, and then clipsing the pylon into the wing tabs.

• 1 month later...

Goddamn shapeways ingineers who rejected my sprues because are "only" 1,98mm thick. But when you design a 2mm diameter sprue with sketchup, the tube is faceted and the corners are 2mm far apart but the flat of the faces are only 1,98mm. 

this is as if they suddenly decided to make the minimum sprue diameter would be 2.1mm instead of 2mm, so most of the previous models will fail now

@Xigfrid Just got an email from Shapeways, it looks as though they've reinstated everything but the PaCSWS 2C in WSF :) Thanks for that! Is that last one requiring more work or has it just slipped the net?

Edit: also sent Shapeways a reply asking the same, so don't be surprised if they've already fixed that by the time you look.

Edit 2: They've reinstated everything now, will let you know once it's all printed!

Edited by WaferMouse

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Is it ok to request, even if it's not a weapon? If so, how about those side wing holder clip for VF-19Advance's Boosters? Can it be done ala-Arcadia's YF-19?

Should be doable.  The tricky part is the booster clip to the pivoting wing clip. Wow. Just noticed it's been almost a year to the day since you wished for this.

13 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Should be doable.  The tricky part is the booster clip to the pivoting wing clip. Wow. Just noticed it's been almost a year to the day since you wished for this.

I'm desperate. Hahaha! :lol:  If only I know how to do 3D stuff. ^_^ 

12 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

It worths a look, let me know if you have better pictures on how the Arcadia version clip locks to the wing.

Hey Xigfrid. Thanks! Will PM you a clear pic later. I'm sure everyone will grab one once they see it's really doable. It's a shelf space saver. ;)

Edit: Also, just adding this one in. Since 3D print comes in black plastic, we don't need to paint it since it will blend well with the VF-19Advance black stripes.

Edited by no3Ljm