3D Model Request - Missile/Ordnance for DX toys

chyll2

I just made what I call "TMM 201", where the "T" stands for "Triangular shaped" missile so you can  reproduce the Master File cover picture of Hayate's VF-31. The TMM 201 come in a 6-pack, and you will need triple pylons to attach them.

I also checked my SV-262, SV-171 and the pylons are good on these 2 aircraft too! But I don't remember if the knights used any exterior missiles ever ? I have to re-watch the whole Delta again ! -sigh-

3D_TMM_201.jpg

02b_TMM_201_wing.jpg

Ok, now are the VHMM / PaCSWS-1G missiles. They come in a pack of 2, they have a cockpit and clear canopy that you can cut from any acrylic sheet (or any plastic container from your food store).

They are compatible with the single missile pylons for your VF 31, 171 and SV 262. You will need the special Station 4 pylon to adapt them for the VF 25.

08_VHMM.jpg

08b_VHMM.jpg

08top_VHMM.jpg

08transparent sheet VHMM.jpg

The preparation work is the most important step with shapeways wsf. 

For these missiles I would do as follow:

-clean with water and dish soap, let it dry

-plunge it into floor polish and pull them out, clean the excess of resin in the ressess areas with a tooth pick and let it dry 24hours

-sand a bit before applying primer. Let dry 24h then sand it smooth  

Then the painting:

-for the white missiles I would go with another layer of tamyia fine white primer, and a gloss coat Ts-13. Then panel pinning with red and light grey enamel wash.

-for the grey missiles I would go with those AS spray cans from tamyia, AS-1 or AS-3 for the VHMM for exemple. I usually apply a thick layer, and tamyia lacquer paints just flatten perfectly when curing. Apply a satin spray to seal the paint

The preparation work is the most important step with shapeways wsf. 

For these missiles I would do as follow:

-clean with water and dish soap, let it dry

-plunge it into floor polish and pull them out, clean the excess of resin in the ressess areas with a tooth pick and let it dry 24hours

-sand a bit before applying primer. Let dry 24h then sand it smooth  

Then the painting:

-for the white missiles I would go with another layer of tamyia fine white primer, and a gloss coat Ts-13. Then panel pinning with red and light grey enamel wash.

-for the grey missiles I would go with those AS spray cans from tamyia, AS-1 or AS-3 for the VHMM for exemple. I usually apply a thick layer, and tamyia lacquer paints just flatten perfectly when curing. Apply a satin spray to seal the paint

On 4/21/2017 at 3:26 AM, Xigfrid said:

Here is some hope for the VF-25, pylon attachment Station 4 on the VF-25.

Once assembled, the pylon can holds the VF-25 weight! The pylon can be removed and there would be  2x 1mm diameter holes, nearly invisible.

IMG_0273.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

Did you have to drill out those holes to make the pylons work?

Yes, the right hole was drilled with a manual pin vice and the left one with an electric rotary tool, since both are ok I would highly recommend to use the rotary tool because it is neater and it took something like 2 sec to make the hole.

it is very easy to make the holes, because you use the pylon as a drilling guide 

Edited by Xigfrid

On 4/29/2017 at 4:01 PM, Xigfrid said:

Yes, the right hole was drilled with a manual pin vice and the left one with an electric rotary tool, since both are ok I would highly recommend to use the rotary tool because it is neater and it took something like 2 sec to make the hole.

it is very easy to make the holes, because you use the pylon as a drilling guide 

As cool looking as that is I'm not going to drill my 25's.  Too bad you can't hang gunpods off of the wing root attachememts like on the Masterfile.  A 25 with three pods hanging off the bottom would look mean.

For those who want less accuracy but more fun, I found this kit which has very similar to Macross shape missiles. You should be good putting (gluing) these on any pylon single/dual/triple considering a little sanding.

Hasegawa x48-3 kit

x48-3a.jpg

or the Hasegawa X48-2 also looks familiar

Hasegawa-X48-2-AIRCRAFT-WEAPONS-B-US-BOM

Unfortunately, those will all be a bit oversized for 1/60 scale, but considering a lot of the weapons for valks are of vague sizes anyway (like the multiple sizes of "sparrow-ish" missiles between the VF-0D and YF-19), it may not matter much to anyone.  The baffling thing to me is that they packed the Phoenix missiles in with the air-to-ground weapons. :blink:

Once the VF-31 super packs are out, I might need to dig into making some reaction missile mounts for the arm shields, since it seems Bandai either forgot about those, or they plan on milking the fans with an add-on pack later. <_<

What I really want to do actually is make up some replacement missiles for the VF-171s, and some upgraded pylons for the Arcadia YF-19 weapons.  The 171's weapons are generally either rather boring, or comically oversized, and the Arcadia mounts really need some more realistic pylons to give the control surfaces clearance. 

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm curious what Bandai plans for the 31 super packs, since the pylons look like they should be an integrated part of the arm shields.  The few pictures we have of the super packs so far do have what looks like holes in the shields at the points those pylons would mount, but they're definitely two separate pylons on each shield, and the shields will have to rotate to get the missiles facing forward in battroid.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:13 AM, IXTL said:

Super packs with reaction missiles (?)

Picture3.jpgPicture4.jpg

Just a quick update to demonstrate the pylons and missiles.

I put a set of 2 Reactive Missile pylons and the 4 Reactive missiles from my Ozma Armor Pack, assemble and put them on the VF-31 wings.

Then I quickly assemble (no painting, only black primer)  a set of 2x VHMM , each on a single pylon from the set of 4 Single pylons.

Pretty neat result! Now I need to smooth them and add the canopy and paint the VHMM

IMG_0958.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

Last week, I also ordered 1 each of AMM missile, its pylong and the flat pylons. Unfortunately, I moved to a very cramped place and still adjusting to the new place. I dont think I can start on it anytime soon. And as usual with 3D printed parts, I am not looking forward on sanding it.

@Xigfrid

that HMM is looking really good.

Thank you @chyll2 for the support! I got used to sanding 3D SLS plastic now I use 3 tools:

1) 6 faces nail buffer. I use Step1 and Step2 faces mainly.

12pcs-lot-New-style-6-way-font-b-Nail-b-

2) DREMEL EZ473SA abrasive brush, 220 grit. Amazing tool for all surfaces, best tool ever for curved lines.

s-l300.jpg

3) Dremel EZ413SA 240 grit flat surface disc. Great tool I use to re-shape the corners and sanding flat surfaces.

s-l225.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 4:57 AM, Xigfrid said:

I don't see station 7, but station 5 should be like on the tomcats, at the bottom of the intake / legs.

Anyone has more info about this missile ?SB-CREATIVE-Variable-Fighter-Master-File

It looks like this is a mix of Macross Plus HMM and the VF-25's PACSWS-1G. 

Maybe it is the PaCSWS-2C from VFMF VF-31... not sure about it though. There are also one big cruise missile and two more stealth missiles (ACSWS-X) on the book too. By the way, is it physically possible to have these weapons 3D-printed on 1/72 ?.

PaCSWS-2.JPG

Edited by ivorysniper

That looks like exactly this one (2C variant), thanks

i think the AMM-101 are too small to be reduced in diameter, but the other should be good in 1:72. Is there a "classic" Bandai attachment for pylons? Or the need need to be glued under the wing

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That looks like exactly this one (2C variant), thanks

i think the AMM-101 are too small to be reduced in diameter, but the other should be good in 1:72. Is there a "classic" Bandai attachment for pylons? Or the need need to be glued under the wing

You're welcome !. AMM-101s on 1/72 won't be a problem, as each Hasegawa VF-25 kit brings 18 of them on six 3-weapon pylons that can be easily modified to 1 and 2-weapon pylons. I'm more focused on building the Hase kits than the Bandai ones, and the need for post-SW1 underwing ordnance on 1/72 is already dire. VF-0 and VF-25 series kits were the only ones receiving some love from Hasegawa, and only one independent weapons pack has been issued so far but for the VF-1.

I'd personally love to see the exotic weaponry from the VFMF books to be hanged below the naked wings of the ordnance-neglected VF-11, -19 and -22, and also have something else than the AMM-101s on the -25. Just my personal wish. 

Edited by ivorysniper

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

@ivorysniper you got pm!

update picture of the PaCSWS-1G on the 25F, I plan to paint the missile in green drab and the white or yellow side stripes. Stay tuned!

IMG_1030.JPG

They look awesome !. Will take a look to the links right now !!.. Thanks a lot !!

In general wsf polished would be smoother and have a better finish, but as a designer I prefer to order the classic wsf and polish manually to see the issues beforehand. 

Black Hi-Def acrylate is promising, but I have yet to make a model to be printed in this material... I tried a few of my model already and they have been rejected because of the sprues. It should be good for the missiles but the price is too much (about 3x of wsf)

Did you see any news of the new pricing format for FUD coming out this week?  Was wondering if it the pricing would change enough to have a look at for some of these armaments.