This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

5 hours ago, Atheonyirh said:

The review was further back in this thread.

I checked and it wasn't even an in-depth review. Pedro only posted photos when I asked about it of the stand itself from Facebook and said that based on what the poster said it was being well made.

What I'm curious is to see an in-depth review of the stand with some photos that shows Valkyrie mounted on it.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Wow that is complicated. So am i understanding this correctly? You have to pay shipping twice? Also no paypal, i'm not sure i want to give these guys my cc info.

Guess, it's like a proxy thing. You pay the local shipping and the international shipping. It's nice if they use PayPal but giving directly my credit card info is a no-no. Unless they're reputable. But don't want to risk it. 

It's interesting, i was looking at the listing for the zero ghosts. Apparently they're modifying the yamato molds so they work with Arcadia's zero valks. Also the roy vf-1s says this: 

Recent changes: aircraft front wheel steering, based on a community to do more improvements.

Not sure what that means?

On 5/10/2017 at 2:02 PM, no3Ljm said:

Seems like a lot of work to order direct but the proxy is a little pricey (10% I think; was a bit confusing). 

I'm not super concerned about paying with a cc but it looks like you would have to set aside an hour or two to setup the various accts to successfully order, pay, and forward outside of China. Hrrrmmm :mellow:

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I'm looking at the fold boosters for the YF-21. Looks like 40-50 usd shipped which isn't too bad. Has anyone ordered one of the boosters recently? Any info is appreciated. 

Here you go. Wolf's post from Page 6.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:29 PM, TheLoneWolf said:

There's a post on the Macross World Facebook page from someone who ordered a Fold Booster knockoff. They said it's made out of brittle plastic and broke right away.

17626272_10154488089616417_6854071072386

17799014_10154488089471417_6463137165850

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Seems like a lot of work to order direct but the proxy is a little pricey (10% I think; was a bit confusing). 

I'm not super concerned about paying with a cc but it looks like you would have to set aside an hour or two to setup the various accts to successfully order, pay, and forward outside of China. Hrrrmmm :mellow:

You can use another taobao agent .

I used https://www.bhiner.com/ to pre order some stuff before and it work pretty easy.

They reply in full english and is flexable when you need to make changes. 

You can just copy and paste the taobao link in their Bhiner search bar too.

I have tried Taobaofocus.com and I have been greatly impressed. You can have a conversation in english on Facebook with them, they make product searchs.

I have yet to buy something though: I wanted the painted Fan Racer but apparently it is not anymore available. I was a bit anxious at first because I couldn't use Paypal for this transaction and I had to pay with my Visa, but they fully reimbursed my payment card for this transaction.

I just don't see the KO stuff being cheap now. But if in the future these VF-1 come under the 50 USD mark I would gladly take a few for repair/custom purpose.

8 hours ago, F360 said:

You can use another taobao agent .

I used https://www.bhiner.com/ to pre order some stuff before and it work pretty easy.

They reply in full english and is flexable when you need to make changes. 

You can just copy and paste the taobao link in their Bhiner search bar too.

Thank you! I like this one. Nice interface, accepts PayPal, and 5% service fee. I think I have a handle on the total cost which I found confusing/obfuscated on taobaofocus. Will update if/when I pull the trigger. 

4 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Thank you! I like this one. Nice interface, accepts PayPal, and 5% service fee. I think I have a handle on the total cost which I found confusing/obfuscated on taobaofocus. Will update if/when I pull the trigger. 

And a taobao experience and product review wouldn't hurt either. ;) 

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a fold booster and launch arm but I don't understand the options for the launch arm; the cost for the arm is between $9-$33 depending on which option is chosen.

Would someone please take a look at the attached picks and translate?

Thank you!

IMG_2004.PNG

IMG_2005.PNG

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a fold booster and launch arm but I don't understand the options for the launch arm; the cost for the arm is between $9-$33 depending on which option is chosen.

Thank you!

*snip*

1st one is for the stand without VF-0 adapter, 2nd includes VF-0 Type adapter, last is the VF-0 adapter itself (no stand).

Edit: The one I saw had 3 choices

Edited by wmkjr

Thank you!

IMG_2004.PNG

IMG_2005.PNG

Can you post the link?

11 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

1st one is for the stand without VF-0 adapter, 2nd includes VF-0 Type adapter, last is the VF-0 adapter itself (no stand).

That seems odd because the price increases from 1st to last $9-$33. Here's the link:

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=541644952829

Hetes the bhiner link:

https://www.bhiner.com/taobao-agent/541644952829

FYI have read some bad reviews about bhiner gouging on shipping so I may try another service. Haven't decided yet. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That seems odd because the price increases from 1st to last $9-$33. Here's the link:

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?spm=a1z5f.7632060.0.0&id=541644952829

Hetes the bhiner link:

FYI have read some bad reviews about bhiner gouging on shipping so I may try another service. Haven't decided yet. 

Sorry. I was looking at the actual listing on Taobao. For the Bhiner page it's VF-0 adapter no stand, stand with no adapter, stand with adapter.

For some reason the Bhiner listing has the stand with adapter combined in the stand with no adapter tab for the 2nd box.

8 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Sorry. I was looking at the actual listing on Taobao. For the Bhiner page it's VF-0 adapter no stand, stand with no adapter, stand with adapter.

For some reason the Bhiner listing has the stand with adapter combined in the stand with no adapter tab for the 2nd box.

Sweet; thank you much kind sir! I don't have any zero valks so I'll order the middle tier arm haha

Thanks again :D

27 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Sweet; thank you much kind sir! I don't have any zero valks so I'll order the middle tier arm haha

Thanks again :D

Sir, you don't know what the future holds. ^_^

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha; luck favors the prepared but I'm not a zero fan and those birds are quite expensive...they are quite nice though lol :lol:

Hahaha; luck favors the prepared but I'm not a zero fan and those birds are quite expensive...they are quite nice though lol :lol:

Actually, everything starts with that...

'I'm not a Zero fan...'

'They are quite nice though.'

Then next thing you know, you are bombard with great VF-0 photos. And with their Reactive Armors. And all that upcoming SV-51 talk. And basically, you will end up looking for one. ;)

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah but the valks come with the adapters so i'm not sure why the stand needs them included. The question is do they come with the adapters the stand originally came with, for the valks that didn't have the adapters included.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, everything starts with that...

'I'm not a Zero fan...'

'They are quite nice though.'

Then next thing you know, you are bombard with great VF-0 photos. And with their Reactive Armors. And all that upcoming SV-51 talk. And basically, you will end up looking for one. ;)

I just watched the anymoon review and the zero toys are def a pass for me. I would be so bummed if my leg fell off after spending $300 :blink:

34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Yeah but the valks come with the adapters so i'm not sure why the stand needs them included. The question is do they come with the adapters the stand originally came with, for the valks that didn't have the adapters included.

That's a good question. I would be using these for my 1/48s. There are a bunch of customer pics in the review section but I can't tell the scale of the valks on the arms. 

23 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I just watched the anymoon review and the zero toys are def a pass for me. I would be so bummed if my leg fell off after spending $300 :blink:

Well, that's just the VF-0A. VF-0S is much better. Not to mention the delta winged VF-0D which is also superb. ;)

17 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That's a good question. I would be using these for my 1/48s. There are a bunch of customer pics in the review section but I can't tell the scale of the valks on the arms. 

Yeah i don't think the 1/48s came with attachment pieces if memory serves so they would need those attachment pieces included with the stand.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:46 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Hetes the bhiner link:

Are those review recent?

I just googled bhiner review and looked at anything within the last year. YMMV

Looking at www.superbuy.com/ right now which has decent reviews, mostly from folks buying clothes, as long as you stay away from dhl shipping.

My budget is blown for the year so I don't know if I'll get a chance to buy anything soon <_<

40 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I just googled bhiner review and looked at anything within the last year. YMMV

Looking at www.superbuy.com/ right now which has decent reviews, mostly from folks buying clothes, as long as you stay away from dhl shipping.

My budget is blown for the year so I don't know if I'll get a chance to buy anything soon <_<

Superbuy , good to know .  Will try it out next time  

19 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

lol, they are doing Armor parts?!?!?!?!

edit:

Thanks F360. I will try to ask local supplier if they can carry it.

Looks like they plan to make ko high demand/priced items .  Its like going down a wanted list.  I would not be surprised to see a KO 1/3000 SDF-1 in the future.