This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

With the announcement of Roy's premium finish by Arcadia. I 'm absolutely positive that the factories plan to produce extra quanities to sell off. The timing just coincides perfectly. The KOs are announced a few weeks earlier than the official announcements from Arcadia. This means we will probably only see KOs of stuff that arcadia is planning on releasing and not other rare valks. 

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

With the announcement of Roy's premium finish by Arcadia. I 'm absolutely positive that the factories plan to produce extra quanities to sell off. The timing just coincides perfectly. The KOs are announced a few weeks earlier than the official announcements from Arcadia. This means we will probably only see KOs of stuff that arcadia is planning on releasing and not other rare valks. 

Pretty sure many here would be happy to buy fully assembled "unpainted" VF-1's with -S, -A, and -J heads included.  Arcadia better hope they don't have their molds copied.

It's like the old Takatoku KO days all over again.

Poor Arcadia.  ;)

On 4/16/2017 at 3:20 PM, Giantman said:

Has anyone gotten a KO yet?

There's a post on the Macross World Facebook page from someone who ordered a Fold Booster knockoff. They said it's made out of brittle plastic and broke right away.

17626272_10154488089616417_6854071072386

17799014_10154488089471417_6463137165850

Edited by TheLoneWolf

21 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

There's a post on the Macross World Facebook page from someone who ordered a Fold Booster knockoff. They said it's made out of brittle plastic and broke right away.

I dunno, I feel a bit skeptical of those breaks, I mean that looks like someone really tried to make sure the clips broke. But what do I know... I don't plan to buy any of these anyways, I have 2x sets from Yamato already.

Edited by Loop

For those not familiar with 20th century Chinese history, during the Great Leap Forward, Chairman Mao ordered farmers all over the country to start producing steel in their homes. 

Well, it turned out there's a big difference in quality between steel produced in a real factory and steel produced in some peasant's backyard furnace! 

Oh, and since all these farmers were busy producing makeshift steel instead of, you know, farming food, it contributed to the worst famine of the 20th century. 

Not a perfect parallel, that's kind of what I expect when getting a KO item. The poor quality, not the famine I mean. 

On a lighter note, I had a cat named Chairman Meow. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No release date , new seller will 0 feedback,  .  Name with many numbers at the end .   Thats looks like a no no for me.

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_3047.thumb.PNG.57e5075e709ff4e58bf8ecb6afcdacd8.PNGIMG_3048.thumb.PNG.fe0f5b7b065b4bd091261e78e358eb86.PNG

You can either get the painted version , clear version, both with figures. Bundles for both that include GBP missile effects, clear SS parts, and stand. Or just the figure or stand. I got the painted version just to see how it is and I wanted a Hikaru pilot figure for my unpainted one which was the white parts version and couldn't find any.  I can't tell a difference versus my unpainted one. Proxy and shipping fees suck though.

Edited by wmkjr

Wow!  I'd definitely be interested in the FanRacer - it doesn't transform, so QC wouldn't be that much of an issue.  Where can I get/order these - any links in English for Canada delivery, if its a problem posting here, please PM me with the info.  Thanks!

I wish I had some knock offs right about now.  I picked up my VF-1D.  I handle these toys like only once a year.  I'm careful when handling them.  I don't treat them like toys.  I treat them like expensive collectables.   This one got a crack on the shoulder pin.  I then examined all of my 1/60 and found a crack on Hikaru's Armored VF-1J too.  Didn't have them the last time I took them out of the display case.  Makes me mad these are starting to break just by standing still on display.  If I had a knock off it would be a source for spare parts.