This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

15 hours ago, jodokast said:

Let me know when they manage to clone the Delta VF-31A Kairos  .... Damn you Bandi & Nippon-Yassan!

Actually, weren't there some KO weapon sets with the reactive missiles and what not?  Are those still only on Taobao or have they show up else where?

I have only seen them on taobao so far. Search "DX超合金 超时空要塞 VF 导弹配件包".  They are going for about CNY 220 before shipping.

TB2x9uknf2H8KJjy1zkXXXr7pXa_!!1133900104

10 minutes ago, alejandroso said:

Hello everybody

I want to ask you if there is another store where I can buy a VF1S Hikaru version, because Showz Store doesn't have in stock anymore. I sent some messages by Aliexpress, but he doesn't respond.

Thank you!!

This is the cheapest one at $169.99 with free shipping that I could find on eBay with the seller having 99.8% Positive with 17415 Feedbacks.

The item photo is a Hikaru one but doesn't state that it is. Just to be safe, you can try and message the seller first before deciding on getting one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Valkyrie-factory-1-60-Macross-ARCADIA-VF-1S-SSP-Backpack-full-set-Toy-Ko/163404209219

Good luck. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I bought the side covers from Shapeways back in 2013. Probably the artist removed it from his catalog that's why it's not available in Shapeways anymore.

How was the quality?

I wish this option is still available. Anyhow, there are not too complicated, if I am good at 3D design sw, I might be able to create one (having the time to do it is the blocker).

On 1/27/2019 at 2:11 AM, Sandman said:

Ah that sucks. Missed it by an hour.

I saw the message here about 3 hours before the offer end but hesitated. Since I am still unsure about buying any of these KO yet. Saw multiple issues from reviews.

So I missed the discount. Regretted this now since the super/strike part should have minimum QA issue that matters.

48 minutes ago, kkx said:

How was the quality?

I wish this option is still available. Anyhow, there are not too complicated, if I am good at 3D design sw, I might be able to create one (having the time to do it is the blocker).

It was ok as a filler. The finish print is not as refined as the actual option parts that came with the YamArcadia Valks. So it needs to clean it, sand it, prime it, and paint it. Which I haven't done on mine since 2013. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

It was ok as a filler. The finish print is not as refined as the actual option parts that came with the YamArcadia Valks. So it needs to clean it, sand it, prime it, and paint it. Which I haven't done on mine since 2013. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Will wait and see what I will do.

If you paint yours, might need to coat it with suitable semi flat varnish to help reduce paint wear. Hope to see some photos of your before I find my set.

10 hours ago, kkx said:

I have seen multiple Chinese sites showing pre-order offer for 1/60 Super Max and Miria. 640 CNY each.

https://www.sgshop.com.my/taobao/tao-bao/searchdetails?tbid=546560083833

I would definitely grab these as well once they go on sale. 

i find it quite interesting that these Chinese companies are copying what Arcadia currently has available.

6 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

i  find it quite interesting that these Chinese companies are copying what Arcadia currently has available.

This is not something new to them anymore because they mostly makes knock-offs of everything.

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is not something new to them anymore because they mostly makes knock-offs of everything.

You’re right about that.

i just discovered something new about these KO, and it’s odd yet appealing. While the KO PF shares most everything with it’s original counterpart. The one thing omitted is the “Made In China” recessed rectangle on the left wing. For me that”s a huge plus. I have always found this stamp ugly and it  should have been placed on the backplate like the Takatoku.

31 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I would definitely grab these as well once they go on sale. 

i find it quite interesting that these Chinese companies are copying what Arcadia currently has available.

I almost bought the previous releases when they were $130 shipped but the fact that the head sculpt is different coupled with the fact that it’s (comparatively) a little rough around the edges makes it a pass for me. 

Still like looking at them but they just make me want to stick with the real thing. 

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I almost bought the previous releases when they were $130 shipped but the fact that the head sculpt is different coupled with the fact that it’s (comparatively) a little rough around the edges makes it a pass for me. 

Still like looking at them but they just make me want to stick with the real thing. 

I completely understand where your coming from. For me they are just more opportunities to sill in my KO collection. I like the originals but still see the value in these as well.

I have a theory.  Aren't all the Yamato and Arcadia toys made in China?  I just looked on Anymoon.com and yes, there by the UPC, "made in China".  They probably build them in bulk and then sort out the good ones for Arcadia, ship them to Japan, and then sell off the seconds as "knock offs" instead of throwing them away wastefully.  When building something this complicated involving molding, assembly, painting, etc., you can't get everything perfect every time.  There's going to be some seconds, probably a lot.  Or they may be getting returns from Arcadia as they inspect prior to packaging (although they probably package in China too).

If Arcadia complains, what are they going to do?  Make it themselves?  HAH!  Yeah right.  Find someone else to make them?  Good luck with that.  Speaking of which, do you really think there's some OTHER factory in China making these knock offs?  Probably not.

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Given the differences, they're at least not entirely made of factory second parts.

They probably include differences so that they can claim plausible deniability.  Maybe they're using old molds or something.  What are the differences?

1 minute ago, Ridden001 said:

My theory is that Bandai in covert fashion has bankrolled or in some way backed this group to further erode Arcadia’s market share.

But then how do you explain the next preorder being a Bandai knock off?

Edited by Pontus

10 minutes ago, Pontus said:

They probably include differences so that they can claim plausible deniability. Maybe they're using old molds or something.  What are the differences?

I believe the head sculpt is the major difference.

Why Bandai, Arcadia, KO Company do anything is anyone’s guess. Presumably so they can make some money. 

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The shoulder lights/tabs also have a different shape for the clear insert.

IIRC there were a few more as well, early in the thread someone has a pretty good side-by-side.

Oh yeah, I found it now, thanks.  Sorry for bringing up stuff that's already been covered (including my bs theories, lol). :5: 

13 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

I have recently just come across this on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pre-order-Valkyrie-factory-1-60-Macross-VF-31J-Siegfried-Action-figure-Toy-Ko/163530135191?hash=item261327d697:g:Q-wAAOSweTlcXAO3

Supposedly a VF-31J KO, not much information unfortunately though.  

I would prefer if these guys would release upscaled versions of all these Macross KOs....at least it would be somewhat different

27 minutes ago, Pontus said:

What does "kai" mean?

In the context of Macross, it's a word/kana sometimes used to specify a variant. Eg. Basara's ride is the Kai Fire Valkyrie. In terms of the VF-31, it's Hayate's ride but with extra black stripes in the paint job. There are photos of it in that eBay listing.

47 minutes ago, Pontus said:

I thought those pics looked familiar when I was looking at the 1/72 kits today!  What does "kai" mean?

Kai pretty much means new/upgraded

Dx vf-31j kai was a event limited ver that have some black stripes along with missiles .