Jump to content
UN Spacy

This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

KO Macross toys? :db:

:acute:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I actually don't know how much the regults are going for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least one person here reported there’s been no movement on the KO valks which were supposed to be available in July. So beware paying money for items that aren’t actually available yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Even for the Display Arm. We didn't see any movement.

 

IIRC, I post some pics of the display arm, S. 1 Member of a Mexican macross group on facebook got one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pedro2k6 said:

IIRC, I post some pics of the display arm, S. 1 Member of a Mexican macross group on facebook got one.

Oh yeah. I forgot that one. My bad. ^_^ 

But beside that, there was no movement. I know some of the members here were planning to, I for one decided not to. So I don't know what happened to the other members who said they're going to order it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought someone managed to pick up a KO fold booster, and the plastic was so cheap it fell to bits after opening the box?  Or something like that. :p 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the fold booster and stand are available through tao bao but the valks, regult, and missiles never materialized. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nuts, the missiles were all I wanted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this will force Arcadia to reissue their SSP? I have two Arcadia Valkyries that need theirs. :)

On the other hand no other VF-1 from Arcadia is missing their Super Parts with the exceptions of the first two releases. So maybe there is no incentive releasing them again.

If this is the case and the KOs are comparable in quality I might have to get those. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was curious and decided to have one of these strike pack since a few VF-1 are missing their supers. They are not particularly cheap considering these are KO stuff. I will try to make a quick review 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we know how much these Fast Pack sets are going for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received mine today, and I must say that it was a great surprise, but not 100% perfect. I made a side by side comparison with my Arcadia Premium Finish Roy super parts.

1) the goods: The Valkyrie Factory copy is very well made, it is packed in a double carton box just like Bandai's super packs. It looks like injected plastic and definitely not resin as I feared. The color is near identical, you couldn't tell the difference only under high light. Most parts are color-injected. The KO uses black screws which look nicer. The clear red part of the KO Strike part has its sprue cut hidden, where the Arcadia's cut is visible. No "Made in China" label on the KO !!!

2) the bads: There are slight differences, the seams are more visible with the KO parts. If the panel lines look identical, a few panel details are less sharp than the original Arcadia's. The painting is almost on par with Arcadia, except for the missile yellow bits and a default in the metallic paint on my copy at the rear of one turbine reactor.

3) The failure: At this point of the SbS comparison the KO Super parts would be totally worth if you still have a few VF-1 naked as I do, but unfortunately the Strike pack didn't mount very well. The culprit is the back pack bar which is made in a less rigid plastic than the Arcadia's bar. You can feel that the KO attachment bar is sloppier when you take the pack in the hand and when mounting the back pack assembly, the strike part is sagging on the outside because the rear fin push on the pack, the result is unsatisfying. With some massage, you could obtain a straight alignment, but to be honest it needs some sanding to completely fix the issue.

Arcadia has the same issue, the strike pack is plying the rear fin, but because the attachment bar is much more rigid, the Strike part is kept straight to the detriment of the rear fin.

Conclusion: I would recommend this pack for those who NEED a strike super pack, it doesn't come cheap reminds you. For those who don't  mind a bit of sanding/ work to strengthen the attachment bar, this pack is totally a great value. For custom works, I would wait a bit until the price lowers a bit and buy it when it would be under the 20-30 USD.

 

 

IMG_5318.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5351.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the tails knocking the left pack offline is nothing new, and I modified most of my Yamato super packs to correct for it.  Given these are knockoffs, I'd be a lot less worried about screwing them up by doing this.

Thanks for the review and comparison, it's nice to know they're available.  The quality seems decent enough that I might actually pick up a set for customizing into an orange and tan set for a VF-1D. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was frequently reading into this thread every now and then and the pics that @Xigfridhas posted up has made me thinking.. Could these KO Fast/Strike parts and the VF-1 valks be produced by BB7/YM (the ones that makes variant KO MP-11s and the coneheads) and are possibly better than the official releases? I have a YM-03 and it was better leaps and bounds than the original release of the MP-11 (I read that the releases with the Long Life brand Logo is just as the same of the original one).

 

Won't be surprised if BB7/YM did branch out into this field and made their own tweeks in regards to the molds. <_< 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

sooo....link to where to acquire these???...:ph34r:

It's in the webstore a bunch of posts back in the thread :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that nubmark on the clear strike sensor is so bad. I dont even remember my yamato having any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those look kinda interesting. How much did that set cost in total with shipping? Maybe my Angel Birds could use a set. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Those look kinda interesting. How much did that set cost in total with shipping? Maybe my Angel Birds could use a set. :rolleyes:

The supers are about 600-700gr probably, that can give you an idea of the shipping rate. 

My shipment had a few other things: diecast trucks and so, it weight 4Kg and  TapbaoFocus' cost was 450 CNY via EMS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find the SSPs in aliexpress. Does anyone know what to search for? I found the vf-1, but it is in pre-order and was suppose to come out in Oct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

I can't seem to find the SSPs in aliexpress. Does anyone know what to search for? I found the vf-1, but it is in pre-order and was suppose to come out in Oct

I don't see the SSP on aliexpress, only on TaoBao. I bought some KO SSP and got them yesterday. Mine seem be fine, and the packs line up straight. The seller I messaged about the 1S says it's *supposed* to be released this month. There was production issues/delays, hence why they never made it out July 2017. We'll see though if it actually gets released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vfxraven19 said:

I don't see the SSP on aliexpress, only on TaoBao. I bought some KO SSP and got them yesterday. Mine seem be fine, and the packs line up straight. The seller I messaged about the 1S says it's *supposed* to be released this month. There was production issues/delays, hence why they never made it out July 2017. We'll see though if it actually gets released.

Cool, thank you. May I ask (assuming you are in the US), how much did the SSP cost, including shipping? I know the KO valk will be going for ~$140 on Ali. I'm trying to get an estimate on how much a KO vf-1+SSP would cost shipped to the US, and see if it's better to just get the arcadia version

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

Cool, thank you. May I ask (assuming you are in the US), how much did the SSP cost, including shipping? I know the KO valk will be going for ~$140 on Ali. I'm trying to get an estimate on how much a KO vf-1+SSP would cost shipped to the US, and see if it's better to just get the arcadia version

1 SSP costs me about $50, including shipping.

I pre-ordered a KO VF-1S when it was announced, going for 390 CNY (roughly $50 USD) + any shipping.

You're almost going to see a set (KO VF1 + KO SSP) for about $100 + shipping.

Shipping can vary. If the seller doesn't ship directly to the customer, they ship it to a warehouse within China. Once it reaches the warehouse, you are contacted by TaoBao when your order is ready to be shipped overseas. They also use Chinapost/EMS, but I've had JCEX/UPS make most of my overseas deliveries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-12-14 at 11:09 AM, vfxraven19 said:

1 SSP costs me about $50, including shipping.

I pre-ordered a KO VF-1S when it was announced, going for 390 CNY (roughly $50 USD) + any shipping.

You're almost going to see a set (KO VF1 + KO SSP) for about $100 + shipping.

Shipping can vary. If the seller doesn't ship directly to the customer, they ship it to a warehouse within China. Once it reaches the warehouse, you are contacted by TaoBao when your order is ready to be shipped overseas. They also use Chinapost/EMS, but I've had JCEX/UPS make most of my overseas deliveries.

Hmm that was cheaper than what I paid. I believe it was $100 for just the vf-1. Basically old Yamato pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really looking forward for these KO VF-1s and I would even prefer it un-assembled just to make custom ...

 

Stamped anyone ? :D

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I am really looking forward for these KO VF-1s and I would even prefer it un-assembled just to make custom ...

 

Stamped anyone ? :D

 

Wow, that's a cool animation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×