This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

• 2 weeks later...

One of my fave reviewers just did a review: 

Gotta admit I'm tempted, even with the DYRL-style armor.  I sold off my last (non-PF) Milia almost immediately after I got it, and there's STILL no 1/48 version announced at all, and the actual PF is ridiculously priced.  (plus, I think it's very slightly pink-white, and not white-white?)  

Plus, these have the modex numbers done properly---which I currently have very little faith that a Bandai 1/48 would get right, at this point...

I think those pictures were just pictures of the official release. I saw a lot of that when they first came out.

All reports so far of the KO are saying DYRL style arm armor. Probably used the same mold as the Vf-1S KOs.

i think the modex numbers on them are 202 and 303, so even if Bandai got them backwards...

Edited by jeniusornome

13 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Just remembered that I have 2 yammie 1/60 tv style super parts sets from back in the day.  God I hope they fit these.

I have a set of the KO Super parts and it fits my Arcadia/Yamato Valks with no issues., you shouldn't have any problems. 

On 4/20/2020 at 11:08 PM, 505thAirborne said:

I have a set of the KO Super parts and it fits my Arcadia/Yamato Valks with no issues., you shouldn't have any problems. 

Is the color of the KO SSP the same as the "official" Arcadia releases?  Do they match the Yamato SSP releases?

I am pretty sure the plastic color used on the TV FP were different from that used on the DYRL....I know at least Yamato was very good at distinguishing such things.

BTW...if I wanted to buy one of the KO bundled sets for say a Roy or Hikaru....is there any eBay seller that is recommended?....way to many flake Chinese sellers on eBay these days....not that you wouldn't get your money back, but trying to avoid wasting time...thanks!

Edited by jvmacross

@jvmacross I would say the KO Fast packs color is just slightly and I mean slightly darker than the Yamato/Arcadia releases. Minus that I can not tell the difference between the two. It convinces me more that someone who used to work for Yamato took some of the molds home. 

The TV Fast Packs are more of shade of green plus different Arm armor vs. the DYRL version and yes this where YAMATO got things accurate. Can't really recommend any eBay sellers at the moment. I got lucky with finding my set here on MW via @Shizuka the Cat 

Hopefully someone here has a set they're willing to part with, for a fair price they're worth it. B))

Bababobo00712 on eBay is a reliable seller and has some Valkyrie factory figures for sale. Prices are high for a KO IMO but people pay whatever they’re willing I guess. 

you could also buy from showzstore.com but there aren’t any in stock there and I don’t know how often or if they ever restock.

really if you want any of the figures they have KO’d you could also look at the secondary market. There’s an Arcadia VF-1S Roy strike set on Mandarake for 25k yen. The knockoff is $180 shipped on eBay.  Up to you whether you think buying a knockoff is worth the relatively small discount. (Imo it is not, but I don’t like KOs in general). There’s also the sale forums here where members generally price things well. 

Edited by jeniusornome

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

Bababobo00712 on eBay is a reliable seller and has some Valkyrie factory figures for sale. Prices are high for a KO IMO but people pay whatever they’re willing I guess. 

you could also buy from showzstore.com but there aren’t any in stock there and I don’t know how often or if they ever restock.

really if you want any of the figures they have KO’d you could also look at the secondary market. There’s an Arcadia VF-1S Roy strike set on Mandarake for 25k yen. The knockoff is $180 shipped on eBay.  Up to you whether you think buying a knockoff is worth the relatively small discount. (Imo it is not, but I don’t like KOs in general). There’s also the sale forums here where members generally price things well. 

Thanks...I was thinking in terms of getting a KO PF at $180 vs whatever the Arcadia PF is going for these days...are the KO VF-1S Roy or Hikaru SSP sets selling on ebay PF?

23 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks...I was thinking in terms of getting a KO PF at $180 vs whatever the Arcadia PF is going for these days...are the KO VF-1S Roy or Hikaru SSP sets selling on ebay PF?

I have an extra KO VF-1S roy with SSP PF that I paid USD$130 for.

It can be yours at cost if you pay actual shipping (from 95014) and palpay fee. 

PM me if interested.

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Looks like its becoming @kkx's sales thread again! :D

Sorry about that. ;) Just trying to help out a fellow member.

I do think these KO are good value for money.

I am still on the fence about the max milia pair. The arm armor being wrong is a big bummer for me. But I been trying to rationalize that I will most likely display these in fighter mode, so not that obvious. Swapping out the offending armor with my Arcadia version is an option but I would like to sell them (promise, will do that on the proper thread) if I do go for the KO version. Trying to minimize duplication due to display space.

3 hours ago, kkx said:

I do think these KO are good value for money.

I absolutely agree with you on that point kkx.  I did my math...

M&M supers w/all accessories, plus 2 extras I didn't even know were included till I watched the video.  Display stands x2 (big plus!), and clear parts (meh, but a nice touch anyway), with the only trade-off being DYRL forearms?  Bummed out or not, I can make this work.

And all this for less than the price of 1 "premium finish" Arcadia branded valk?...

Yeah, I'm quite good: and so is my money.

5 minutes ago, claude grant said:

Thanks Slave IV.  No display stand included, but that's just fine.  I got quite a few of those as is.

Ah, that kinda sucks as the stand sweetens the deal but yeah, I wouldn’t want too many Valks displayed on those anyways. Especially M&M 1Js. 

1 hour ago, claude grant said:

I definitely agree with you on display stand usage.  Got an M&M themed display in mind, and these ko's will fill the gap nicely.  

Wouldn't know where I can get M&M VF-22s's would you?

I think I saw a Max available on Mandarake recently. Good luck finding the pair new for less than $500 (or$600) though. I’m just waiting for either Arcadia to reissue, Bandai to make new ones or someone to KO them, lol. 

Wouldn't know where I can get M&M VF-22s's would you?

45 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think I saw a Max available on Mandarake recently. Good luck finding the pair new for less than $500 (or$600) though. I’m just waiting for either Arcadia to reissue, Bandai to make new ones or someone to KO them, lol. 

Max's 22 Sturmvogel went for 25k yen not long ago. 

If you want a M&M shrine @claude grant in your collection, then the hunt for M&M's Q-rau will be the next step in the list. *

*If you can find it and including the respected CMS Figures as well *

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I’m just waiting for either Arcadia to reissue, Bandai to make new ones or someone to KO them, lol.

And maybe I should to, if I don't find the pair at a decent price.  I fear that any new take on these from either Arcadia or Bandai would be stratospheric in price!

"Help me Valkyrie Factory, you're my only hope!" (channeling Princess Leia lol)

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Max's 22 Sturmvogel went for 25k yen not long ago.

Amazing....that's exactly what I'd pay for the pair per piece.  Actually, I'd pay $600.00 for the pair new, but I just can't find them.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

If you want a M&M shrine @claude grant in your collection, then the hunt for M&M's Q-rau will be the next step in the list. *

*If you can find it and including the respected CMS Figures as well *

Way ahead of the curve in that regard borgified.  Was buying product as soon as Yamato was releasing it. 

All I'm missing are the Sturmvogels and Max in flightsuit chase figure, and I'd have everything I need to complete my vision.

This display I put together was what sent me down the path to create an M&M shrine from years ago....

PICTURE2.JPG

PICTURE3.JPG

PICTURE4.JPG

PICTURE5.JPG

PICTURE6.JPG

PICTURE7.JPG

Edited by claude grant

9 hours ago, claude grant said:

And maybe I should to, if I don't find the pair at a decent price.  I fear that any new take on these from either Arcadia or Bandai would be stratospheric in price!

"Help me Valkyrie Factory, you're my only hope!" (channeling Princess Leia lol)

Amazing....that's exactly what I'd pay for the pair per piece.  Actually, I'd pay $600.00 for the pair new, but I just can't find them.

Way ahead of the curve in that regard borgified.  Was buying product as soon as Yamato was releasing it. 

All I'm missing are the Sturmvogels and Max in flightsuit chase figure, and I'd have everything I need to complete my vision.

This display I put together was what sent me down the path to create an M&M shrine from years ago....

PICTURE2.JPG

PICTURE3.JPG

PICTURE4.JPG

PICTURE5.JPG

PICTURE6.JPG

PICTURE7.JPG

Nice collection! If you are willing to pay up to $600 for the pair, I doubt any reissue or new release would cost more than that and most likely at least a bit less. Let’s cross our fingers for something because that 22 pair is what I need too. 

Thanks for the compliment Slave IV.  I got my fingers AND toes crossed!

Let's just stay hopeful and keep praying for it to happen.

Haha yeah. I’m not too worried about it. Something will come sooner or later. And if not, I saved a lot of money. Win-Win.