This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

I receive the 25% discount offer too.

I had a bad experience at ebay when a seller discounted his item 45% and turn out that the account was hacked and the hacker just took payment and provide fake tracking number. Paypal eventually refunded me (after 3 weeks).

So I was hesitant. But pulled the trigger on this as I been looking for a PF max.

As of today, the tracking number given seem legit, it shows the package has left the originating city and moving through the system. The seller can still send me a brick, but at least the tracking number is legit.

One more problem for this KO, the arm armor is not TV version.

4 hours ago, kkx said:

I had a bad experience at ebay when a seller discounted his item 45% and turn out that the account was hacked and the hacker just took payment and provide fake tracking number. Paypal eventually refunded me (after 3 weeks).

So I was hesitant. But pulled the trigger on this as I been looking for a PF max.

As of today, the tracking number given seem legit, it shows the package has left the originating city and moving through the system. The seller can still send me a brick, but at least the tracking number is legit.

If it turns out to be a fake auction...maybe the seller will at least send you an N95 respirator!

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

This is the only reason I decided not to buy these. It reminds me of HMR and the same issue that exists.

This is indeed a big bummer.

I manage to buy a PF milia at a very good price during NY sales last year, but the max version will cost me something near to $300. So at the end, I give up and pay $90 for this KO.

I can swap out the arm armor with a TV valk. Luckily, there are no much marking on the arm armor, so replacing this using a non PF TV valk will be less problematic than other parts.

Seeing the different between my KO roy and my Yamato roy, the no step and other marking are worth having. Sticker is not optimum, if I want the PF looks, I will need to hunt down some 1/60 decal sheet and spend a ton of time applying it.

The 31J amuses me because it appears they’re trying to sell it for roughly the same SRP as the legitimate one.

i did see the price drop on a few of those recently. I’m surprised Valkyrie Factory didn’t decide to just pump out a ton of them to capitalize on the lack of readily available paint schemes. CF 1As, 1D, etc, etc.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, seti88 said:

Wondering out loud if its possible to reverse engineer molds by taking apart the physical copy...

all they would have to do is make molds of the parts, cast masters and then use those masters as like any production would when commissioning steel molds.

I honestly would like to see Valkyrie Factory try a good ol' VF-1J Hikaru.  They already have Max and Millia, just a simple repaint of an existing mold for them.  We dont have a Premium Finish VF-1J Hikaru, as far as I know.  Pleave give us weird and interesting colors...my thoughts remind me of the JOON bootlegs that came in all green, orange, purple...basically, taste the rainbow!  Imagine that with Premium Finish level Tampo markings......that would be some cool stuff

I have not really heard any more about the VF-31J, but even if it is going for $160 USD, that is a significant discount, granted that it is a quality product than the official Bandai release that is going for $330-$380 USD on secondary market.

Twich

5 hours ago, twich said:

I honestly would like to see Valkyrie Factory try a good ol' VF-1J Hikaru.  They already have Max and Millia, just a simple repaint of an existing mold for them.  We dont have a Premium Finish VF-1J Hikaru, as far as I know.  Pleave give us weird and interesting colors...my thoughts remind me of the JOON bootlegs that came in all green, orange, purple...basically, taste the rainbow!  Imagine that with Premium Finish level Tampo markings......that would be some cool stuff

I have not really heard any more about the VF-31J, but even if it is going for $160 USD, that is a significant discount, granted that it is a quality product than the official Bandai release that is going for $330-$380 USD on secondary market.

Twich

Wow where is it listed at $160 USD?  Does that include shipping already? 

Not sure where you’re seeing the official Bandai one for those prices - most shops have it second hand over srp but closer to 25k yen (around $250) than $350 and up. The 31C and 31S are certainly getting closer to $400 though.  

show z store is the only shop I can think of with Valkyrie factory listings and they have it listed at $140. I don’t think that includes shipping and there’s still no rea release date. A few eBay sellers have them between $160 and $180. As I recall srp on the genuine ones was 18k yen?

Edited by jeniusornome

No, not talking of the bandai ones.  I am talking of the Valkyrie Factory VF-31J that they have been advertising/teasing.  This is on "pre-order" on ebay right now for $160 with shipping, bu with no definitive release date or more info.

Twich

10 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

Twitch,

Your idea is spot on, I like your idea. I for one would definitely buy all the new varieties. If they did this I might even reconsider the M&M set already out.

”Taste the Rainbow” indeed!

I have said the same thing ages ago probably in this very thread as well, but the KO manufacturers are seriously missing out on a great opportunity to not make a KO VF-31A Kairos. Even at $200 a piece, it would sell out SO fast. 

Most people who wanted the 31J would have bought one already (especially when the 31-J Kai came out later on). Why flood the market when you can tweak the mold and colour to produce the Kairos?

I'm for the KO 31a since the the price is now 50k yen on some sites and I'll leave it in valk mode. 

The question is this: Are the joints going to be more stiff or tighter than the real 31 valks (or be like the 25, 27 and 29 joints after some time posing it) if the KO 31a gets produced?

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

I find it so hard to believe we're going to get DX VF-31 KOs. The sheer volume and precision of parts on a toy that promises such low sales (in comparison to a Transformer KO) makes it seem like a bad venture. 

This is where I'm at. The 31 is going to be a lot harder to make a knock-off of than the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

The sheer volume and precision of parts on a toy that promises such low sales (in comparison to a Transformer KO) makes it seem like a bad venture.

This is also the reason I don't believe that we'll see weird or CF colour schemes in KOs anytime soon, if ever. MWF members are a fraction of a fraction of their target audience. They'll stick to hero colours because that's what the vast majority of casual fans would be interested in.

They won't make other colours for the same reason that official licensees haven't made the 1/60 VF-11MAXL that my heart yearns for: insufficient demand.

Edited by WaferMouse

I am wanting to adopt a wait and see approach. If they do manage to produce something even if it were a 1/60 scale that is even 80% as good as the official Bandai vf-31’s then I say that would be a good thing at the $160 price range. The prototype looked really good (if it was the prototype). So I am hopeful. The reviews of the KO 1/60 vf-1 toys is promising and they have the tampo printing down. I will know first hand when my vf-1j max gets here from China.

twich

You guys are too generous! Paying over $150 for a KO of something that was under $200 when official and new is more than I’m willing to pay. I wouldn’t pay more than $100 for anything but the 31A with $150 being the limit for that one. If it is 80% the quality then that is close to 80% of the price so it works for me. 

32 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Paying over $150 for a KO of something that was under $200 when official and new is more than I’m willing to pay.

I've said it before, but dodging the import tax is a major factor for me. None of my showz purchases have been caught by HMRC, yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 31s. But paying the ransom letters stung.

2 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

I've said it before, but dodging the import tax is a major factor for me. None of my showz purchases have been caught by HMRC, yet.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 31s. But paying the ransom letters stung.

I’m lucky to not have that issue I guess. 

Bots & Bits, I enjoyed your reviews of the Valkyrie Factory VF-1's, hope you can continue with the others that they have already put out along with future releases, whatever those may be.

Twich

7 hours ago, twich said:

hope you can continue with the others that they have already put out

I doubt there'd be much to review in the other existing releases. With the exception of the arm armour, heads, finish and maybe some accessories(?), they're the same figure. My Roy and Hikaru are identical aside from the finish. I'll know for certain when my Max arrives.

Edited by WaferMouse

On 3/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, twich said:

Bots & Bits, I enjoyed your reviews of the Valkyrie Factory VF-1's, hope you can continue with the others that they have already put out along with future releases, whatever those may be.

Twich

Cheers mate ^_^ happy to hear you enjoyed them. Im hanging out for the Pods VF teased. I don't really know anything about the VF31J, so im not sure about getting that one. Looks incredible though.

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 4:49 PM, WaferMouse said:

This is also the reason I don't believe that we'll see weird or CF colour schemes in KOs anytime soon, if ever. MWF members are a fraction of a fraction of their target audience. They'll stick to hero colours because that's what the vast majority of casual fans would be interested in.

They won't make other colours for the same reason that official licensees haven't made the 1/60 VF-11MAXL that my heart yearns for: insufficient demand.

Someone at Valkyrie Factory may have overheard our discussion on here?

CF VF-1A and Angel Bird 1/60 KO, scheduled for "Q4 release", accepting deposits...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.55.181151bfvzMVPH&id=554881454656&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

O1CN01Nj53lr2IwoCQfLfP3_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Edited by rdrunner

31 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Someone at Valkyrie Factory may have overheard our discussion on here?

CF VF-1A and Angel Bird 1/60 KO, scheduled for "Q4 release", accepting deposits...

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.55.181151bfvzMVPH&id=554881454656&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

O1CN01Nj53lr2IwoCQfLfP3_!!0-item_pic.jpg

It would be awesome if they got PF treatments.

also spotted on their site...they will be releasing the newer Arcadia Display Stand.

will the fun never end?!?!

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Too much good stuff.

Looks like I'll actually be getting some KOs if this really happens.

Edit- last time this happened, we found out Arcadia was doing reissues of the same schemes... Wonder if that will happen again.

Edited by jenius