This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

The KOs? No, I own all the originals so no need for me to buy crappier versions of what I already have :)

I have the KO Hikaru and Roy. If you are up to reviewing them, I can provide my copy for this purpose.

I ordered the Milia PF when it was on offer (too good a deal to pass), now I am missing a PF max. I am tempted by the KO max. No one know if we will get as good a deal on Max as with Milia. Since Max is more popular, I am not keeping my hope high, so the KO version is super tempting. Since the handling of the KO version is worst, I could keep my non PF Arcadia version for messing around with but the KO PF version for just display.

-kk

11 minutes ago, kkx said:

I have the KO Hikaru and Roy. If you are up to reviewing them, I can provide my copy for this purpose.

I ordered the Milia PF when it was on offer (too good a deal to pass), now I am missing a PF max. I am tempted by the KO max. No one know if we will get as good a deal on Max as with Milia. Since Max is more popular, I am not keeping my hope high, so the KO version is super tempting. Since the handling of the KO version is worst, I could keep my non PF Arcadia version for messing around with but the KO PF version for just display.

-kk

What is your review of the KO's?

I am not at all good at providing review.

Just my personal take on this:

- Looks is good. The PF level tampo printing is as good as the original (have not use a magnifying glass to compare, but good at viewing distance).

- The knee joint is not as firm as the original

- The landing gear cover on the legs seems to be slightly less tidy. Not as seamless as the original. I hardly use the landing gear and I fiddle with the cover to get it to look good and leave it at that. So not a deal breaker for me.

- The head for the 1S is a bit different, but not enough to cause any visual problem for me, I have not seen their rendering of the 1J head since I have have the 1S

Overall, for the price of under $130 shipped, I call it good value.

If you just display it, I think I will not care too much. But if you like to handle/transform it often, then the joints will bug you a bit.

19 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am not at all good at providing review.

Just my personal take on this:

- Looks is good. The PF level tampo printing is as good as the original (have not use a magnifying glass to compare, but good at viewing distance).

- The knee joint is not as firm as the original

- The landing gear cover on the legs seems to be slightly less tidy. Not as seamless as the original. I hardly use the landing gear and I fiddle with the cover to get it to look good and leave it at that. So not a deal breaker for me.

- The head for the 1S is a bit different, but not enough to cause any visual problem for me, I have not seen their rendering of the 1J head since I have have the 1S

Overall, for the price of under $130 shipped, I call it good value.

If you just display it, I think I will not care too much. But if you like to handle/transform it often, then the joints will bug you a bit.

That's a good review. Thanks.

$130 shipped? Where did you get that sort of pricing?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Darkspire17 said:

Was that VFactory regult ever produced? im seriously interested in that

I think it was teased however not made yet, however one was made in 1/48 scale as a model kit. The next possible KO valk teased is Hayate's 31j as pics are just shown only. 

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

I think it was teased however not made yet, however one was made in 1/48 scale as a model kit. The next possible KO valk teased is Hayate's 31j as pics are just shown only. 

I concur, the 1/60 was only teased and does not seem to have been produced. 

The 1/48 Regult was sculpted and cast by Mlz22 here on the boards. If you ask nice enough he might be able to pull together a Kit for you. The best part of the scale he used is 1/48 True Scale meaning he went more by the size of the Zentradi being able to fit inside the cockpit. See pic. Underneath the Regult is a 1/48 VF-1A Super Valkyrie to give you a firm idea of size.

With regards to the 1/60 KO Hayate, I do recall someone on these boards stating they bought one from Tabao and that the fit was not up to par.

D36FA8E5-DF61-4C3A-819B-3607F437CF65.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

How good/bad is the quality on these Valk-Factory pieces compared to the originals?

I only have a set of the Valk-Factory Fast-Packs and overall they're very well made. Detail wise they're almost spot on with my Yamato & Arcadia sets. 

As for the Valkyries themselves I don't own any but from the pictures they look pretty good. 

The quality isn’t bad on these. But you will notice the difference in sculpt and build quality which is pretty close to the originals.

I bought the Strike Hikaru and Roy and really enjoyed them out of the box.

If you collect Yamacadias to display, you could just buy these to play with.

On 1/29/2020 at 1:53 AM, borgified said:

If they really wanted some $, they’d make a KO VF-31A.

• 1 month later...

So, I dont know if this was just a special for me, or if this seller on ebay did it for everyone, but I just got a 30% discount on a Valkyrie Factory 1/60 VF-1J Max with Fast Pack set for 87.50 plus tax with free shipping.  It was originally $125.00 USD, but with the discount......Now, I know this is a KO, but a premium finish KO that based on the review that was posted a few posts ago, it is well worth the price, as long as the quality lasts.  This might be something I get for my 11 year old, got him a V1 1/60 Yamato that the plastic crumbled apart and disintergrated and he is left with some plastic pieces that dont even form a jet....big disappointment.

Twich

4 hours ago, twich said:

So, I dont know if this was just a special for me, or if this seller on ebay did it for everyone, but I just got a 30% discount on a Valkyrie Factory 1/60 VF-1J Max with Fast Pack set for 87.50 plus tax with free shipping.  It was originally $125.00 USD, but with the discount......Now, I know this is a KO, but a premium finish KO that based on the review that was posted a few posts ago, it is well worth the price, as long as the quality lasts.  This might be something I get for my 11 year old, got him a V1 1/60 Yamato that the plastic crumbled apart and disintergrated and he is left with some plastic pieces that dont even form a jet....big disappointment.

Twich

Which seller? Got a link to one of their auctions?

4 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

That’s a really good price for a KO Max with the supers. This thing will last - to me it’s just the finish isn’t as great compared with the original. 

6 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

Wow, nice deal. I set my buy point for a KO VF-1 w/SSP at under $100. If this becomes the normal price, KO Valks for everyone!

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Wow, nice deal. I set my buy point for a KO VF-1 w/SSP at under $100. If this becomes the normal price, KO Valks Robotech Veritechs for everyone!

Fixed for yah. I'm pretty sure you meant Veritechs. :rolleyes:

:ph34r: