This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

14 minutes ago, kkx said:

I am thinking of cutting a small piece of scotch tape and stick it to the edge of the stand, to add a thin layer of plastic like what you have suggested for protection.

Rather than applying scotch tape to the edge and sitting your valkyrie on top of the tape (which might leave adhesive residue on your valkyrie), I would probably cut small strips of Ziploc bag clear plastic and having the valkyrie sit on top of the Ziploc plastic while using scotch tape to secure said Ziploc plastic to the stand.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Rather than applying scotch tape to the edge and sitting your valkyrie on top of the tape (which might leave adhesive residue on your valkyrie), I would probably cut small strips of Ziploc bag clear plastic and having the valkyrie sit on top of the Ziploc plastic while using scotch tape to secure said Ziploc plastic to the stand.

Thanks.  I might use small pieces of dish sponge (with a cut in the middle for positioning) for the protection and also the added benefit of friction between the stand and the valk as well.  Just another idea.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I suggest you guys just put your Valkyries back in the box. Problem solved. :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

I tot that is why you get extra's....so one version can be abused/panel-lined etc....:mellow:

:ph34r:

Edited by seti88

Having now owned the stands for about 2 hours, I can honestly say that I am very happy with my purchase.

So far, I have sat a Yamato v2 1/60 VF-1J and VE-1 on top of these stands, as well as a VF-11B. Here are a few of my thoughts so far...

1.)  The valkyries sit high enough that I can have their wings fully-extended without hitting the ground. 

2.)  The valkyries sit securely enough that I can shake the stands a bit without the planes falling off. On this regard, I find myself preferring these fixed-pose stands more than my FlightPose adjustable stands, which I find are prone to having the valkyrie fall off at the slightest shake.

3.)  The stands worked well, whether I had Super Parts or Fast Packs attached or not.

4.)  I was able to have the Elintseeker's lower antenna array deployed without any issue from the stand.

5.)  At an average cost of $5 per stand (after shipping), these stands are rather affordable. 

6.)  While the edges of the stand that the valkyrie sits on are not very sharp, it would be nice if they were more rounded. However, given their cheap price, it is understandable.

All in all, I am pretty impressed by these cheap little stands. I ordered 4 of them, and am seriously considering ordering another dozen.

image.png.f74a48f434c8c6b580fcb735a79a9366.png

image.png.97475ead415893326e8d2c70dd014cfe.png

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Since we all know the KO stands will take the 1/60 Yamacadia valks and the DX line (sans the VF-4, SV-51 and SV-262), I take it that the stands can't be used on the 1/48 since its nearly double the size?  :mellow: 

The original stands were made to hold up a fully equipped 1/48.  The new DX should have no problem being supported on these stands. The only concern would be if the adapte that comes with the DX will connect to the arm.

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Since we all know the KO stands will take the 1/60 Yamacadia valks and the DX line (sans the VF-4, SV-51 and SV-262), I take it that the stands can't be used on the 1/48 since its nearly double the size?  :mellow: 

I'm going to try that later to confirm, but there is a good chance that it might work because the VF-0S fits well on the stand.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:15 AM, borgified said:

The Yamato 1/48 can just about sit steadily on the stand in fighter mode. The support point is the root of the leg fin/canard. I tried the 1/48 DX but that just doesn’t work. 

0A66A47B-315B-4B8F-9741-7196AEA01C35.jpeg

DA962CD0-65E5-419C-B1DE-DDFDF9E8695B.jpeg

Got the acrylic KO stands today.

Felt the edges with my finger and can clearly feel ridges as I run my finger along it. Trying to put down my fighter as vertical as possible, to avoid running any parts across those mini ridges.

mine did not come with any black pads to stick on the underneath of the acrylic, but those non slip pads can be obtained cheap anywhere.

Managed to balance a 1/72 diecast mig on it but am not confidant and might topple over with the slightest touch. Of course the die cast weight does require micro adjustments for balance..

So overall, you get what you pay for. A cheap stand that can display aircraft taking off nicely. However at the back of my mind, I would be concerned if over the long run there would be marks on aircraft at the contact points as they are a little pointy.

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

So overall, you get what you pay for. A cheap stand that can display aircraft taking off nicely. However at the back of my mind, I would be concerned if over the long run there would be marks on aircraft at the contact points as they are a little pointy.

5 hours ago, DewPoint said:

You can always flame polish acrylic. Practice on some scrap piece first before you ruin your stand. 

Hmm.. Maybe use a hot glue gun and put a thin bead on glue on top of the edge or a sizable piece of weather stripping along the most critical edges that are in contact?  

• 5 weeks later...

Valkyrie Factory Roy VF-1S DYRL SSP PF has arrived with an added set of items. Not bad for 155.00 shipped. 

The clear Fast Pack parts are a really nice touch.

Just as the previous Hikaru it came in excellent shape with no issues to quality and tampo print. 

I hope they release Max 1S for these to make the perfect trio.

Enjoy the show.

696EECF8-ABBF-480D-A7EA-8CECA0CA5147.jpeg

15928D7A-BBDC-4EA5-9C5D-8DC4D14619E0.jpeg

2B95B42C-75A2-43DA-A5D6-C85DFEB63B46.jpeg

6E633EA8-D3F7-4FE7-819C-A18A7E45A9D3.jpeg

16AC56C1-8D18-4121-A579-E6ACE490D3AE.jpeg

D1FA3A01-3FE0-495B-B1E6-B4F83C4728B5.jpeg

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Valkyrie Factory Roy VF-1S DYRL SSP PF has arrived with an added set of items. Not bad for 155.00 shipped. 

The clear Fast Pack parts are a really nice touch.

Just as the previous Hikaru it came in excellent shape with no issues to quality and tampo print. 

I hope they release Max 1S for these to make the perfect trio.

Enjoy the show.

Thanks for sharing. Tempting for this price.

I can't find a similar offer on Aliexpress (full package including optional parts and clear cover) at this price. Did you buy from Taobao directly? Do you mind sharing a link to buy the same?

Wow on the packaging. That how safe it can gets. :good:

Quick question on these KO's. I remember someone mentioned that the head is a little bit different. Is that true? And how about the rest of the parts? Minimal differences or just one to one copy?

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Quick question on these KO's. I remember someone mentioned that the head is a little bit different. Is that true? And how about the rest of the parts? Minimal differences or just one to one copy?

See December 18/2018 post by Ignacio - "It is different, it's darker, but the clear piece is also bigger. It's not as recessed as the official visor from the VF-1S."

Edit: Jet7's pics of the noggin dated on December 22/2018

V.2 on the left, KO on the right.

20181222_125010_thumb_jpg_f1509098d846e2550328a5958f6194da.jpg

More differences: See rdrunner's write up dated October 27/2018 as well.

Edited by borgified

9 hours ago, kkx said:

Thanks for sharing. Tempting for this price.

I can't find a similar offer on Aliexpress (full package including optional parts and clear cover) at this price. Did you buy from Taobao directly? Do you mind sharing a link to buy the same?

I just bought it off eBay. Keep a watch on any of the sellers and see if they make you a discount offer. I didn’t know it would come with the clear parts. So it might be a craps shoot.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As mentioned before, the head is a slightly different sculpt. Other than that the differences are mostly minor like where sprues are cut and how.  For the most part it looks great.