This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

I don’t know how excited I would be to get one of the 31 KO given the differences in the PF VF-1. 

I would be a little miffed that the quality and/or sculpt was different. 

The accessories are a no-brainer unless the quality is absolutely terrible. Would definitely stock up on some missiles. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Always good to have options. Just need them to get cracking on that KO 31A :)

But where would they get an example piece to work from? :unsure:

Seriously though, if they've got molds for the 31J then the A probably requires only about 3 different parts besides the head, so they'd be crazy not to knock one of those out after using the J to build hype.

1 minute ago, WaferMouse said:

Seriously though, if they've got molds for the 31J then the A probably requires only about 3 different parts besides the head, so they'd be crazy not to knock one of those out after using the J to build hype.

Yep. $20 intertron dollars says I’ll get my hands on a KO 31A before NY ships the two I paid for 14 months ago. 

49 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

As much as I hope they will do a 31A KO, Im not too sure that it’s a small number of different parts besides the head... from memory alone the two wings, the two missile bays, canards, chest fold crystal parts and the shape of the chest piece, and the crystals/lights on the nosecone are all different between the W-winged Siegfrieds and the 31A. 

51 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yep. $20 intertron dollars says I’ll get my hands on a KO 31A before NY ships the two I paid for 14 months ago. 

I really shouldn’t have but your $20 intertron dollars bet gave me a good chuckle. Seriously though I hope you get the two 31A’s soon...

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

As much as I hope they will do a 31A KO, Im not too sure that it’s a small number of different parts besides the head... from memory alone the two wings, the two missile bays, canards, chest fold crystal parts and the shape of the chest piece, and the crystals/lights on the nosecone are all different between the W-winged Siegfrieds and the 31A. 

It seems I need to set some time aside for more swooshing and a side-by-side comparison. I was mainly thinking of the fold carbon area, completely forgot about the calf missiles :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Uh. It really doesn't fill me with confidence that those images for the VF-31J KO preorder are actually of Bandai's 1/72 model kit...

Thanks, I thought the photos looked a bit off, even for KOs. Maybe it's placeholder, I mean it's gone from rumour to preorder within 24 hours. I don't have a J so I am tempted to pick one up just to fill the squad out.

24 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

Interesting.  I want to see where this leads.

Me too. Although I really don’t think it will be any time soon (not within the next 6-9 months). 

29 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I would wait a little longer until more information is released. The item pictured is the Bandai Model Kit and not the DX.

Agree. Given the tolerance issues that we have seen in a relatively simpler design of the VF-1, I remain a little skeptical that they can pull off a passable KO copy of the 31J. 

9 hours ago, borgified said:

Guess what Show Z. has in stock now (if anyone has seen his website)??

KO Yamato Valk stand for $74.00 USD. The problem is that I don't see the attachments that are offered in the original Yamato release [total of 7 assorted clips for the Q-Rau, 1/48, 1/60, 1/72 in flight/battroid mode, and two for the YF-21].  

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-vf-1-60-1-48-macross-display-stand-arcadia-compatible_p1146.html

The super silly thing about this is that Arcadia seemed to tease a new stand recently and you have to imagine that new stand would cost about the same amount.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

The super silly thing about this is that Arcadia seemed to tease a new stand recently and you have to imagine that new stand would cost about the same amount.

This is true. I just hope it comes with additional adapters to attach more than just a VF-1.

19 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

Yup, here's the preorder for a KO DX 31J.

I think it's official: KO Macross has arrived.

is the canopy clearer than Bandai's?:lol:

I wonder if they got ahold of the molds for the 1/72 kits and plan and assembling the pieces together into some sort of complete toy.

Might still be worth it if that included full tampo and the assembly held.

38 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

I wonder if they got ahold of the molds for the 1/72 kits and plan and assembling the pieces together into some sort of complete toy.

Might still be worth it if that included full tampo and the assembly held.

"

Specifications
Availability: Pre-Order

Valkyrie Factory VF 1/60 Macross Delta VF-31J Siegfried Hayate Immermann Machine ModelAF27

Material: ABS, Die-cast
Scale: 1/60

Estimated Releasing Date: Late August, 2019

"

doesn't seems so...

So this picture popped up on FB and it is supposedly from Valkyrie Factory. Considering that we only need Chuck’s VF-31 would you consider buying it? 

I know Bandai did put out some information about movie armour from Delta, but no update about the last missing Siegfried to complete the squadron or was there info released and I missed it.

CECD5E8D-5FCB-4DA3-BC45-792486F714A2.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Added picture.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Bandai teased the Chuck release recently so I don't think we'll need to rely on the KO market. I'm guessing 2019 will have a Macross release every month between the DX VF-1, HMR, and Delta.

Oh I truly hope you’re right.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the announcement but it was a long time ago. Bandai already has the toy designed and all that should have happened long ago was just a simple paint scheme. How long has it been since the first 31 DX release? As of now I have obtained all of them, but my patience is beginning to run thin with Bandai and Chuck’s missing DX.

9 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Oh I truly hope you’re right.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the announcement but it was a long time ago. Bandai already has the toy designed and all that should have happened long ago was just a simple paint scheme. How long has it been since the first 31 DX release? As of now I have obtained all of them, but my patience is beginning to run thin with Bandai and Chuck’s missing DX.

I mean, they showed us Chuck at Tamashii Nation only a couple or so months ago, the same time we saw the first real photos of the armour pack. I've been getting impatient waiting for Chuck as well, but I suspect you'll be able to have a Bandai 31E in hand before Valkyrie Factory can churn one out, if ValkFac are only just starting with the J later this year.

I very much doubt they have an easy method for contact. Imagine the potential torrent of emails from people who mistakenly thought they were buying an Arcadia, or knew what they were buying but have QA issues, and are now mad as all hell.

Besides, there's just way more of a market for canon colours. See the VF Master Files for examples of all the things Bandai and Arcadia could make but don't, because of a lack of demand.

Edited by WaferMouse