This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

30 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

HA! It does actually look that way.

Arcadia bootlegging their own products to get toys out to the market. Wouldn't that be something...

-b.

More likely that these are parts that didn't pass QC initially, or excess part inventory from the Chinese factories.

It seems to me like the VF-1 itself and the super/strike parts are not bundled together. Meaning it would be over $200 for the combination. As @Slave IV said, not such a great deal for a KO.

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

More likely that these are parts that didn't pass QC initially, or excess part inventory from the Chinese factories.

This sounds to me like what may be going on here.

27 minutes ago, JET7 said:

Can anyone confirm if it really has a strike parts? Or is it a separate purchase? 

Which “it” are you asking about?

the super parts comes with strike parts 

the vf-1s Valk does not come with any super or strike parts .

2 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

It seems to me like the VF-1 itself and the super/strike parts are not bundled together. Meaning it would be over $200 for the combination. As @Slave IV said, not such a great deal for a KO.

This sounds to me like what may be going on here.

hmm, doubt it.  didn't someone get the super/strike parts here and show clear mold differences (different gate/runner locations etc).  I'd assume if they went thru the trouble of reverse engineering the fast packs that the same process was used here.  also note, if they  did add the feature of a landing gear that turns...that can't be a factory second.  lastly, was there even a roy vf-1s arcadia releasse coming up/very recently?  i don't think so.

Again, if anyone is looking for KO VF-1, here's the links again. Along with the Super/Strike Parts.

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-1-60-vf-1s-arcadia-compatible_p0290.html

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-1-60-super-space-part-ssp-for-vf-1s-valkyrie-marcoss-upgrade-kit-arcadia-compatible_p1033.html

Don't be shy to report if you bought one and say what you think about the whole KO thing. After all, everyone needs to have a VF-1 fix. ^_^

I placed an order  for a KO VF-1S on Taobao way back in April, wrongly thinking that they had one in stock.  So today, I chased them one more time and apparently they have now sent it to the overseas distribution center.   I will report back hopefully later this month.

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I placed an order  for a KO VF-1S on Taobao way back in April, wrongly thinking that they had one in stock.  So today, I chased them one more time and apparently they have now sent it to the overseas distribution center.   I will report back hopefully later this month.

Cool; what was the list price?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Cool; what was the list price?

It’s 430 Yuan (62 USD) before international shipping. Shipping charge was CNY 190.5 (USD 28) so about $90 all-in. 

If showzstore has it at $130 shipped then considering the price hike on the valk itself (now 630 Yuan or $90 before shipping on taobao) then I would not bother going with TB.

Edited by rdrunner

11 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

Xigfrid has an excelent review on the strike pack set a page back, with pics and a thorough inspection. In my case, I think that for this price, it's a pretty good deal. 

its a good price in this day and age for the strike parts.  i REALLY wish i had jumped on more of them in the yamato days.  they could be had for less than $30 or so on sale sometimes.  i should have bought a set for every valk i had and every valk i wanted (not that all valks need SSP but the option to do it is so choice haha).  lol.  i don't know why arcadia refuses to reissue just the SSP as they have sold valks without SSP too.

11 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

Xigfrid has an excelent review on the strike pack set a page back, with pics and a thorough inspection. In my case, I think that for this price, it's a pretty good deal. 

I have my KO SSP on the VF-1A DYRL and think the parts are not that much different to the Focker DYRL set.  The clear parts were great with the set - especially because I don't want to use these KO clear parts on the original SSP in case of tolerance issues, etc.

IIRC I paid CNY 448  (USD 65) for the set (SSP including clear parts), plus CNY 320 (USD 46) in shipping (but that was the combined shipping charge with a KO MP Ultra Magnus).  I thought it was a fairly good deal, if you can accept buying KO.

Yah know?

Why are the available pictures of this KO bootleg never include the pilot figure?

edit:

There is one in that shop that shows what looks like a tv-roy seated inside, but is that the actual bootleg or a genuine yamato/arcadia? 

Just weird that they don't show the figure outside like the other included accessories.

Edited by treatment

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Now I'm thinking if I should buy an extra Super Parts just in case I decided to color it for my VF-1D.

Because seriously, who doesn't like an orange Super Parts on their VF-1D's? :rolleyes:

Just be sure you make them a slightly different shade of orange from the valk, like Bandai did on the HMR VT-1. :ph34r:

On 10/9/2018 at 2:40 PM, rdrunner said:

Nice! I'm still waiting for mine to be processed and shipped. I ordered 3 of them, at about $50/piece.