This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

I have the impression that any rights HG has is within the Gray area of the law making it proper to be included here :p

Not really, but we shouldn't start that debate again. 

Here's the appropriate thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/44143-kitz-concept-robotech-toy-line/

Edited by Lorindor

So, aren't all the Valks we import technically grey market? The goods themselves are not illegal, but since Harmony Gold claims to own the distribution rights to all of Macross in the US, there is not official legal import of Macross Toys. I mean it is kind of the same deal as the Airsoft community saw for the longest time, since Glock didn't release it's Copyright for replica pistols until very recently, you had to import from Japan or Taiwan or Hong Kong, and then you were violating copyright laws doing so. 

I mean, I've seen Russian Knock-offs, and I've seen some Chinese knock-offs, but those looked like hot garbage. Are we talking about so-called "Premium Knock-offs"?

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Panel lined , tampo-ed  & internal lighted cockpit. I wonder how much its going for?

13 hours ago, F360 said:

probably $169.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

what makes you say that? I didnt know toynami prices were that high...

I'm assuming because it's not going to be made by Toynami(?).

On 10/10/2017 at 8:27 AM, UN Spacy said:

Saw this on Kitz Concept's Facebook page. Set for a 2018 release. They're just ripping off Yamato molds now?! This is just SAD. :rolleyes:

IMG_1773.JPG

IMG_1774.JPG

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm assuming because it's not going to be made by Toynami(?).

Was comparing KC to the nearest Robotech toy company which is toynami price-wise.

I would like to see how well its made of course, but with tampo, panel lined and lights KC is certainly pushing the valk toy envelop a lil bit more.

5 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

So, aren't all the Valks we import technically grey market? The goods themselves are not illegal, but since Harmony Gold claims to own the distribution rights to all of Macross in the US, there is not official legal import of Macross Toys.

Nobody is distributing Macross in the US. Individuals are purchasing items from a legal retailer and importing them as personal property.

6 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Nobody is distributing Macross in the US. Individuals are purchasing items from a legal retailer and importing them as personal property.

So that's the distinction then. So does that mean that customs can't seize it?

Back on topic. I'm not overly enthused at the idea of third party toys in Macross. I'm just not sure of the quality, so I'll buy Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia. I know that Yamato is defunct now, but they're still sort of available. 

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

what makes you say that? I didnt know toynami prices were that high...

They always seem to price close to their Japanese competitors.

their sd is $79-89 . A 1/72 diecast robotech f-14 is $139.

this will be bigger than the hi-metal and smaller than Arcadia/yamato.

I see this costing more than hi-metal r and cheaper than Arcadia/Yamato.

That 1/72 valk looks kinda like a mashup of a Hasegawa kit with the Bandai transforming one, but it looks much better than the Bandai one. :lol:

The lights are killing me though.  One of these days, I hope someone has the inspiration to slap Tommy Yune upside the head with an IRST pod so he can finally see that SENSORS DO NOT EMIT LIGHT YOU DUNDERHEAD. :p 

The lights in the fast pack nozzles have the potential to look pretty nice though.  I dunno, call me intrigued.  If they're readily available, and less than a 1/60th, I might bite.