This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

On 7/21/2017 at 7:41 PM, Sandman said:

Use taobaofocus.com if you are ordering from Taobao. They make it so much easier.

Thanks. I got it ordered with my mom's help, although some of it didn't even make sense to her. So we had to guess what the intent. Like there was a part that gave the options to either "find someone to pay for you" or "anonymous purchase". Neither made any sense so I just tried anonymous purchase. *shrug*

13 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Thanks. I got it ordered with my mom's help, although some of it didn't even make sense to her. So we had to guess what the intent. Like there was a part that gave the options to either "find someone to pay for you" or "anonymous purchase". Neither made any sense so I just tried anonymous purchase. *shrug*

It make sense  if you have a Chinese local friend, and the friend of you willing to pay for you.

As Taobao have a lot of restriction so they cannot ship direct in quite a list of country, thus having a "Ghost" warehouse somewhere (which can ship direct) and get an agent to resend to you. (according to my research) :)

Pre-order is a bit more involved. You have to install the chat app Aliwangwang so that the seller can notify you when the item arrives and you can make the rest of the payment (either a link or he'll adjust the price after you ordered it but before payment). A little bit of communication is required.

Edited by nhyone

34 minutes ago, nhyone said:

Pre-order is a bit more involved. You have to install the chat app Aliwangwang so that the seller can notify you when the item arrives and you can make the rest of the payment (either a link or he'll adjust the price after you ordered it but before payment). A little bit of communication is required.

Good information! Is there anyone that knows how the process would work if one would use proxies?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No word. I asked taoboa focus to ask the supplier whats taking so long. The update was that there was no update. TF then went o to say i could cancel the order but i would lose my deposit. Nice.

I'm thinking this vapourware. I'm also thinking that arcadia's delay in releasing Mirya 1J is related in someway. Like the delay is arcadia trying to nip the bootleggers from trying to tack on to their production run or something. It's all a guess at this moment.

There's been some sort of large scale crackdown on KO companies and the factories doing the actual manufacturing, especially ones involved in the theft of "western" IPs and all that. If these guys were planning on doing extra factory runs of the Arcadia VF-1Js and such they might have been caught up in that sweep and failed to provide the proper bribes to not get noticed. Several TF KO companies seem to have run into the same trouble, along with the Dragon Momoko Gundam model KO company.

31 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I may get the YF-19 bits. Saves me the trouble of de-browning or re-molding the clear parts on my Yamato Fold Booster, and I prefer the Bandai style super pack to the FAST pack.

It looks like the Super parts are ONLY the VF-19EF/A-specific parts. So only the wing boosters, missile pods for the central fuselage/inner shoulders, and it looks like... a couple spacers or filler pieces, possibly for the boosters. No YF-19 Fast parts or fold booster. (I forget if the Arcadia YF-19 comes with its Fast parts. I know it doesn't come with a fold booster.)

43 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

It looks like the Super parts are ONLY the VF-19EF/A-specific parts. So only the wing boosters, missile pods for the central fuselage/inner shoulders, and it looks like... a couple spacers or filler pieces, possibly for the boosters. No YF-19 Fast parts or fold booster. (I forget if the Arcadia YF-19 comes with its Fast parts. I know it doesn't come with a fold booster.)

The Fold Booster is a separate item, but they do make one.

53 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

(I forget if the Arcadia YF-19 comes with its Fast parts. I know it doesn't come with a fold booster.)

Arcadia YF-19 release comes with Fast Packs and bunch of missiles. No Isamu bike though. If you want one, you can get it from Shapeways courtesy of Xigfrid. ;)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/J2CER27CD/1-60-isamu-dyson-bike-in-macross-plus

1/60 Isamu Dyson bike in Macross Plus 3d printed

Support our fellow members first before those TaoBao ones. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

The extra parts on the left are the clips for the boosters in battroid. I'd get this if it was made in ABS but the pics looks like it's a resin cast. If it's resin, would thin parts like the swivel arms be strong enough to withstand the motions of putting it on and off and posing?

Perhaps my opinion may help?

Most GenXer Chinese males who are adult collectors of Macross/Arcadia won't be fooled by bootlegs of said product. They'll probably buy online from outside China to purchase the official production run QC.

Every Chinese person & their mother are usually acutely aware of the "2 production runs." One from the official foreign company & bootleg (usually done at the same factory).At ToyRus in China the quality & paint apps are usually shitty..knowing parents buy because it's cheaper. Apps like Bilibili,Youku aswell as Baidu (Chinese equivalent to Google.)there are approx 100 video reviews of Official Macross/Arcadia/Yamato. ..If a Chinese adult collector of Macross buys bootleg,they'd do it knowingly..But I've never meet a collector here in mainland China that would risk an expensive important purchase of a bootleg as they'd prefer to buy the official production run overseas..In China u have 2 choices when buying brand names.

1. Buy it online from overseas and have it sent back to u (even if it was made in a factory in China.)

2. Buy the existing bootleg inside China.

I guess the only reason of buying a cheaper bootleg would be if it wasn't a personal purchase..eg buying for your nephew etc..

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Above links, for PC:

Regult: https://world.taobao.com/item/555370296852.htm

VF-19EF/A Super parts for Arcadia YF-19: https://world.taobao.com/item/557706196452.htm

Are yd-19 parts based on the trex wonderfrst exclusive a few years back? If so that's amazing. This is when KOs are beneficial. To get something that you had no hope getting.

but really Valkyrie Factory needs to release their previous announced products  before announcing new products.

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Are yd-19 parts based on the trex wonderfrst exclusive a few years back?

I wondered that as well, but honestly I don't know enough about the T-Rex(? Trex? TRex?) Supers to get an idea either way. It's likely that these are indeed based on the Trex parts - I know Trex also made the shoulder parts as missile packs - but still... /shrug

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Are yd-19 parts based on the trex wonderfrst exclusive a few years back? 

They're pretty much the same (different box and materials used) although they don't show the shoulder missile swivel arms. They don't mention if all the hardware is provided as you need some rods and screws.

Jeez, did anybody buy the missiles or not? They’re the only things I’m interested in and I have no idea how to go about getting them if they’re worth getting at all.