This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

27 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

Depends if you absolutely want the launch arm or not, but for the same value, you can get a yetistand which is far better as a stand, all the more if you plan to display multiple on a single stand. 

I agree. This is absolutely true.  :good: 

And, you get to support fellow MacrossWorld member. ^_^

I wouldn't get the KO VF-1's as it's a copy of Arcadia's stuff which they are still selling. I'm interested in and okay with the Regult as it looks to be an original mold and also the fact that Arcadia seems to have no interest in making 1/60 toy versions of the Regult and the Yamato HDP kit was a very limited run and is hard to find, much less at a reasonable price. So I see this as filling a niche that no one else is willing to fill.

7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Depends if you absolutely want the launch arm or not, but for the same value, you can get a yetistand which is far better as a stand, all the more if you plan to display multiple on a single stand. 

+1 for Yetistand. The Yamato launch arm is clunky and the one I got was a piece of junk. With hardly any use, the ratcheting mechanism on one of the joints stopped working. Maybe the KO would actually be better quality compared to the real thing? Possibly, but the design overall is still chunky and lacks versatility.

The Yetistands are simply designed, durable, very versatile (customizable to suit your needs, interchangeable parts and tons of available adapters) and look sooooo much better.

I agree with you guys, especially about buying the KO version of something that is still in production or readily available.  I would only be interested if there were considerable improvements over the original. 

I am considering getting the Yetistands, I just needed one more Macross arm for part of a display I am building.  I also guess that for the market price of a Macross arm, I could display all three of the Valkyries on one Yeti stand...

Yeah, i recently revisited the Yamato launch arm and it wasn't as good as I remembered. It's really clunky and not as secure as I remembered. I haven't got a yeti stand yet but I think it would be better to go that way instead of the launch arm.

I've been looking at flightpose stands as well.

They are not as versatile as the yeti stands but they are completely clear which looks very nice and doesn't draw attention away from the figure. 

They're mostly sold out at the moment but their Facebook page says they will get more stock in the fall. 

19 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I've been looking at flightpose stands as well.

They are not as versatile as the yeti stands but they are completely clear which looks very nice and doesn't draw attention away from the figure. 

They're mostly sold out at the moment but their Facebook page says they will get more stock in the fall. 

The FlightPose stands may look nice and are inexpensive, but I and other people have had issues with the silicone tips dissolving or marring the paint at the points of contact. Just a warning.

The FlightPose stands also have hollow bases these days, so be careful balancing your display properly. It'll be top-heavy. The old bases used to be solid. 

Thanks for the heads up regarding flightpose stands. 

Yeti indicated he could make adapters with clear filament which would yield an opaque, if not clear, adapter so that's also an option.

14 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I wouldn't get the KO VF-1's as it's a copy of Arcadia's stuff which they are still selling. I'm interested in and okay with the Regult as it looks to be an original mold and also the fact that Arcadia seems to have no interest in making 1/60 toy versions of the Regult and the Yamato HDP kit was a very limited run and is hard to find, much less at a reasonable price. So I see this as filling a niche that no one else is willing to fill.

+1

Fill in the gap

It looks like that 100CNY is a preorder price for 1st quarter 2018. And the final price would be 1000CNY. 

Also, I think that it would be painted since the regult with optional clear parts is cheaper than the other version. 

I would like to order one but I don't think that a proxy will manage the pre-order things properly. 

@sh9000 do you know a link to place the pre-order directly from the manufacturer?

Edited by Xigfrid

19 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

The FlightPose stands may look nice and are inexpensive, but I and other people have had issues with the silicone tips dissolving or marring the paint at the points of contact. Just a warning.

18 hours ago, Sildani said:

The FlightPose stands also have hollow bases these days, so be careful balancing your display properly. It'll be top-heavy. The old bases used to be solid. 

Also, also, every one of the FlightPose stands I've owned has broken. so there's that too. 

I'll take one of those, painted or not. No way I could pass up an upscaled HMR regult.

Of course this is just a prototype so things may change but it looks like they won't be using any metal. Hopefully the knees will be sturdy enough with all of the pressure that gets applied to them and that it won't be too top heavy without metal in the feet.. 

15 hours ago, erizai said:

So the end product will be painted? or by your own?

Really tempted... :wub:

I am starting to find out how to deal with the Chinese website ...

I've only gotten as far as getting it into the cart. I can't check out yet because I think it needs the address and I can't get half of the page to translate. I've had to resort to calling up my mom and seeing if she can help me with it since I can't read Chinese...

29 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I've only gotten as far as getting it into the cart. I can't check out yet because I think it needs the address and I can't get half of the page to translate. I've had to resort to calling up my mom and seeing if she can help me with it since I can't read Chinese...

Use taobaofocus.com if you are ordering from Taobao. They make it so much easier.

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

Use taobaofocus.com if you are ordering from Taobao. They make it so much easier.

But right now it's just in pre-order stage, with an advance instalment payment, right? Can Taobao Focus handle the whole pay-in-two-stages process? I've never used them before.

I also think the the translation on Taobao Focus is hilarious. It's not a battle pod, it's a fighting bladder! :lol:

Edited by Lorindor

2 hours ago, Lorindor said:

But right now it's just in pre-order stage, with an advance instalment payment, right? Can Taobao Focus handle the whole pay-in-two-stages process? I've never used them before.

I also think the the translation on Taobao Focus is hilarious. It's not a battle pod, it's a fighting bladder! :lol:

Lol the bladder has 6 points it can leak from. Dont enter the loo after it.