This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

it looks closer to the HMR than the Yamato but it's not a direct copy of either. What I don't get is all the random clear bits. is it just going to come with half the toy in clear plastic? Why?

Just now, chyll2 said:

or the panel are removable and they will include clear pieces?

I think that's what's going on. There's just way too much unnecessary sculpted detail for internal mechanisms you normally wouldn't see; especially that random strut with a cable on it inside the leg. also there looks like notches cut out so you can pry off the face plate and hip panels. I seriously think they're doing clear armor to show off the sudo inner frame like those special edition MG kits bandai did years ago.

littlethingsmeanalot_2267_117580215.jpg

it feels so pointless though, like who's actually interested in that on a giant regult toy?  Anyways, if it's super cheap (like $100, MAYBE $150 shipped) I'd be interested. Even if it's really high quality, an unlicensed Regult just doesn't feel like something I wanna spend proper DX money on.

+1 for the reminder of my lovely kampfer...B))

As for the regult, i would prefer if they should have a clear canopy so you can see in the cockpit instead of the leg parts.

Will hold on to my moolah till i see reviews of how they handle the joints and stuff..

I wish that this company is really willing to target the niche of a niche. Who are interested in a giante Regult Toy? afaik, most people here like one but the previous yamato version was expensive. If this become a success, who knows, we might get more 1/60 scale enemy units from Macross. As for the cost, I think the initial Third Party TF toys was really cheap until they became a lot better toy than the official, of course at a price that we have now (which has increased a lot compared before).

For Chinese brands, since they really dont need to pay licensing fees, prices is really competitive and usually we get what we pay for. We dont want it to be really cheap (the price you mention sit about right). The Master Made Makuros was a fairly good toy for the price.

Edited by chyll2

I think the Macross license being contested makes the manufacturers and licensors less tolerant. If this is an upacaled HMR it could be cool... though there seems to still be no agreement on how big this thing should be in 1/60 scale. 

Edited by jenius

Not bad. I would have preferred that they skipped the clear panels and interior details to keep the cost down though. Part of the appeal of 3P is the more affordable cost. I'll wait for some reviews but if the quality is decent and the price is right (around $100 or less) I'll probably get one.

The benefit to being a smaller shop is that you can be more reactive to customer demand and do smaller production runs since what you want to do isn't competing against a million other projects a thousand other employees think would make more money. So, I wouldn't say it'd be funny, I'd say it may well be likely. 

Oh my... 3rd party upscaled enemy mecha would open my wallet up for sure.  I imagine those clear parts are just temporarily unpainted as they are in most of their product images from that Valk Factory team.  That fan racer was like that too.

6 hours ago, ZorClone said:

Oh my... 3rd party upscaled enemy mecha would open my wallet up for sure.  I imagine those clear parts are just temporarily unpainted as they are in most of their product images from that Valk Factory team.  That fan racer was like that too.

The fan racer had both options to choose from. Clear or painted.

53 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Anyone get the fan racer? One of the listings I saw seem to indicate it came with an angel bird vf. 

A couple months ago I was looking for one, and all listings were too old, out of stock or simply not responding. At least that's what the proxy told me. Le t me know if you come across an active listing.