Venom - The Movie

seti88

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2018 at 5:15 AM, troyness said:

I'm not an informed Venom fan so forgive the newbie question but...

Why the Spider-man shaped eyes if it hasn't come in contact with Spider-man?

Is there a canon explanation or just wanna invoke the iconic look?

Just to catch up here..in the 80’s marvel did a 10 issue mini series called Secret Wars. A god -like being known as the “Beyonder” was pondering who would win , if the all out battle for good vs evil was fought..so.. He(**) gathered all of Earths hero’s and villains and put them on a planet with nothing but them(or so they thought) each side had a base of operations too. Anyway, THIS is where Spider-Man found the parasite that would later be venom. At first it gave him greater powers and he was now sporting the very cool looking (let’s face it, the 80’s needed it..!) all black suit with the white spider logo.

Most know the rest of Spider-man’s ongoing adventures on Earth, after the Secret Wars. And how he eventually got rid of the parasite, as it had been slowly trying to control him and reveal its true nature..

So when the parasite later found Eddie and became Venom, the white spider logo remained imprinted..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Non comic book guy capsule review.  Just saw it, not bad, not great.  The human villain is FAR too cliche, the alien on at least at least makes sense.  

Action was OK, Jokes were better.  Was this not rated R in the theater?  Couple of F bombs floating around on the streaming version I saw.  

Glad I didn't see it in the theater but it was far better then Aquaman - which I did not even finish watching.  

Might watch a sequel when/if it comes to TV.

• 2 months later...