Venom - The Movie

seti88

27 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Somehow I really doubt it'll happen, but I really hope it'll be Flash Thompson/Agent Venom and not Eddie Brock.

I have the exact opposite opinion.  :p

('cuz I want this in live-action on the big screen):

venom-in-a-truck-o.gif

Note:  I saw this "live" when it aired, and thought it was the greatest thing ever.  I'm happy it became a meme all these years later.  

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Somehow I really doubt it'll happen, but I really hope it'll be Flash Thompson/Agent Venom and not Eddie Brock.

Agent Venom would be cool bit I can't imagine how they would come up with that situation in these new movies.

5 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I have the exact opposite opinion.  :p

('cuz I want this in live-action on the big screen):

venom-in-a-truck-o.gif

Note:  I saw this "live" when it aired, and thought it was the greatest thing ever.  I'm happy it became a meme all these years later.  

I also saw that live.

Honestly, in the 90s I was a HUGE Venom fan. I was super ticked when Mac Gargan became Venom. Never liked that version. Super ticked when Flash became Venom.  But I wound up really liking that version (at least until the while Space Knight thing...)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

You're not missing anything, just what looks to be a behind the scenes pic of three dudes standing around a work table.

Oh, ok. I was hoping for an in-costume pic or something. Guess it's kinda early for that, though. Not to mention probably just a mo-cap suit.

I still have no idea why this movie is happening. It's not connected to the MCU, or Spidey from the MCU, so what exactly is the point? This is the same non-sense DC is doing with their stand-alone, "otherworld" or whatever DC films. All this time building a shared universe and now stand alone movies. So will a different non Tom Holland Spidey be in this? I mean there had to have been a Spider-Man at some point, otherwise the Symbiote wouldn't have become Venom. This is all sounding really dumb and pointless, I hope it falls through so we can stick with a cohesive continuity and universe. Plus I think Hardy is bad casting.

30 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

I still have no idea why this movie is happening. It's not connected to the MCU, or Spidey from the MCU, so what exactly is the point? This is the same non-sense DC is doing with their stand-alone, "otherworld" or whatever DC films. All this time building a shared universe and now stand alone movies. So will a different non Tom Holland Spidey be in this? I mean there had to have been a Spider-Man at some point, otherwise the Symbiote wouldn't have become Venom. This is all sounding really dumb and pointless, I hope it falls through so we can stick with a cohesive continuity and universe. Plus I think Hardy is bad casting.

I think they think they can make a standalone R Rated Comic Book movie a la, Fox with both Deadpool and Logan.  The problem is that Venom doesn't have the same cache of Deadpool or Wolverine so it won't work.  I love Spider-Man, I don't give a f**k about a Venom movie.

7 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Because $MONEY$, that's why!

It has Tom Hardy so it should be very interesting and I'll watch it if its made well.

Basically, this.

The ASM movies were supposed to be part of a Spider-Man cinematic universe that was going to be Sony's answer to the MCU.  They only cut a deal with Marvel after ASM2 bombed, but Sony's still holding the film rights to Spider-Man and they're still going ahead with a Spider-Man cinematic universe.

I'm still curious to see how this shakes out.  I've been a fan of Venom since the early '90s and I've collected most of his solo series since Lethal Protector.  My one big complaint right now is that they're going with Eddie Brock instead of the far superior Agent Venom (which would bug me less, since Brock is "classic" Venom, if they hadn't killed the then-current Venom comic series just to launch a new one to give symbiote back to Brock).

10 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Basically, this.

The ASM movies were supposed to be part of a Spider-Man cinematic universe that was going to be Sony's answer to the MCU.  They only cut a deal with Marvel after ASM2 bombed, but Sony's still holding the film rights to Spider-Man and they're still going ahead with a Spider-Man cinematic universe.

I'm still curious to see how this shakes out.  I've been a fan of Venom since the early '90s and I've collected most of his solo series since Lethal Protector.  My one big complaint right now is that they're going with Eddie Brock instead of the far superior Agent Venom (which would bug me less, since Brock is "classic" Venom, if they hadn't killed the then-current Venom comic series just to launch a new one to give symbiote back to Brock).

Brock is classic Venom but he's one dimensional and boring.  Flash Thompson as Agent Venom is a much better and more interesting character.  While I enjoyed Venom Space Knight Agent Venom was better as an Earth Bound character.

• 3 months later...

Yup, still looks totally pointless. Many have asked over and over, what is the point of this movie? And many have answered, money, but will it actually make any? Venom is, for better or worse, one of Spidey's most well known villains, and yet if people aren't savvy with his comic history at all they may only know him from his incredibly brief appearance in Spidey 3 where he was Eric Foreman. Does Venom really have the popularity to support his own expensive blockbuster film? I honestly doubt it, doubly so considering it has nothing to do with the now well established MCU Spidey. Also, still wondering, how exactly is he going to be anything like Venom without having come into contact with Spidey at some point? Half of his look, powers and attributes comes from being bonded to Peter, the symbiote didn't just find Eddie and then morph into an evil looking Spider-Man, with many of Spider-Man's abilities out of nowhere. I don't say it often, but a few probably neat action scenes aside, I seriously hope this fails, I'm guessing Disney/Marvel is sitting back and expecting the same.

What's up with the repeated assertions that Venom will have nothing to do with Spider-Man? I was under the impression that Sony and Marvel's deal means Spidey is part of the MCU, so Spidey can turn up in the Avengers and Iron Man could be in Homecoming, but that Spider-Man is also the cornerstone of Sony's Spidey verse and can (and maybe will) appear in stuff like Venom and Silver Sable. The only catch is that the other Spideyverse movies don't acknowledge the MCU, and the MCU films don't acknowledge the Spideyverse. In fact, I believe Tom Holland is confirmed for Venom.

14 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

What's up with the repeated assertions that Venom will have nothing to do with Spider-Man? I was under the impression that Sony and Marvel's deal means Spidey is part of the MCU, so Spidey can turn up in the Avengers and Iron Man could be in Homecoming, but that Spider-Man is also the cornerstone of Sony's Spidey verse and can (and maybe will) appear in stuff like Venom and Silver Sable. The only catch is that the other Spideyverse movies don't acknowledge the MCU, and the MCU films don't acknowledge the Spideyverse. In fact, I believe Tom Holland is confirmed for Venom.

I read exactly the opposite from multiple sources quite a while ago, I believe Sony confirmed not only no MCU connections, but no Spidey, let alone no Holland Spidey. I've read nothing to let me know otherwise, let alone that Holland was confirmed for this. That was the drag from the beginning, Sony basically announced this as a random, stand alone, not connected to anything Venom film. It was also never confirmed Holland would be a part of the stand alone Sony Spiderverse films, if any even happen after this.