Prime 1 Studio Non-Scale VF-1

seti88

I see the folks at Robotech are still of the opinion that a camera lens (in the head) should emit light rather than absorb it. 

pennwell.web.420.224.jpg

closeup-drone-camera-sensor-pod-module-4

I remember when they released one of their earlier “Veritech” toys with the stupid LED head unit gimmick, the window-lickers were all over it like fat kids in a candy store, lol! 

Edited by peter

This isnt a toy, its a statue. In fact has there been a valkyrie statue before? :unknw:

Not too sure if its gonna be lighted either those could just be CAD highlights.

*correction* looks likely it could be highlight areas where LED point could be used. I just saw their bumblebee transformners statues lighted. 

With statues, details are upmost priority, so expect a lot of details on this one, especially since its prime 1. 

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

If it's not cheaper than the Hi-metal Max 1J that just came out it's a super easy pass since the Hi-metals can easily do that same pose

Since the non-transforming Revoltech VF-1J is much cheaper than the Hi-Metal R. Wait, did I just say non-transforming? Because this one is basically just a statue, right? :lol: So I should say if it's not cheaper than the Revoltech VF-1J that came out like 10 years ago it's a very super easy pass for me since the Revoltechs can easily do that same pose. ^_^ 

And here's a proof:

6vu5bba.jpg

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Remember this 'mini' statue? ^_^

op3iYxd.jpg

LOL i would consider that a sovenier trinket. :rolleyes::p

btw, that revoltech would look tiny next to a statue. but i get the point that if its the pose your after then a revoltech may suffice.

Am not a prime 1 fan or even a fan of statues in general, but am quite excited to see what prime 1 would come up with for this.

A statue is a display piece and could come close to everyone's talk abt scale of 1/20 scale! ok.. maybe not close but still much larger than anything we have at the moment...

I honestly dont know how tall this would be but their optimus prime statues were 27inches tall!

Edited by seti88

21 hours ago, peter said:

I see the folks at Robotech are still of the opintion that a camera lens (in the head) should emit light rather than absorb it. 

pennwell.web.420.224.jpg

closeup-drone-camera-sensor-pod-module-4

I remember when they released one of their earlier “Veritech” toys with the stupid LED head unit gimmick, the window-lickers were all over it like fat kids in a candy store, lol! 

Yeah, only those morons at Harmony Gold would do something like that, and only those Robotech-loving "window-lickers" would want a toy that did that.

Dat evangelion is dope but again the price is for hard core collectors...

I do like however how they manage to have separate heads, arm configurations and hands that could be swapped out. For a statue that's bringing more variety into a fixed pose.

The TF starscream, its so far altered from the comics that i dont like it at all (blame the whole TF movie franchise if you will), but for comparisons sake....anticipating perhaps the valk boosters to be lighted up would be nice...

SS-09-10013-6.jpg.8101a5d1b0734ffab7d6aa19ff6806e5.jpg

Cant wait to see what they have planned for the valk..

Edited by seti88

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/11/2017 at 0:31 PM, no3Ljm said:

Since the non-transforming Revoltech VF-1J is much cheaper than the Hi-Metal R. Wait, did I just say non-transforming? Because this one is basically just a statue, right? :lol: So I should say if it's not cheaper than the Revoltech VF-1J that came out like 10 years ago it's a very super easy pass for me since the Revoltechs can easily do that same pose. ^_^ 

And here's a proof:

6vu5bba.jpg

hahaha blink and you would have tot it was revoltech...:p:ph34r:

PRIME1.png.0fb6704af47786316253fbf4a47f6445.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Too bad they aren't making a VF-1S. At least not yet. I never liked the head sculpt on this version. I do like to have transforming vehicles be transformable in toy / model form. But Prime 1's Evangelion statues look really good. I expect the same of this one with a detailed base.