Robotech Visual Archive 2017: The Macross Saga

UN Spacy

:lol:

And here I am thinking any Robotech related topic is somehow belongs to the Anime & Science Fiction section since I seldom seeing any Robotech related stuff in this section. Hahaha! Anyways, I can't wait to see this book with bunches of mecha reprints. ^_^

From a company that rarely produces anything new/original, and excels at repackaging old content ad infinitum, my money is on this being a book filled with reprints of art that has already been released in various other forms.  You'll recall that they released three volumes of Robotech art books back in the 80s, Robotech Art 1, Art 2, and Art 3.  They'll probably reprint the same line art from the Macross section of Art 1, maybe add some of the comic book art or some newer art from Tommy Yune.

1 hour ago, SuperSenpai said:

From a company that rarely produces anything new/original, and excels at repackaging old content ad infinitum, my money is on this being a book filled with reprints of art that has already been released in various other forms.  You'll recall that they released three volumes of Robotech art books back in the 80s, Robotech Art 1, Art 2, and Art 3.  They'll probably reprint the same line art from the Macross section of Art 1, maybe add some of the comic book art or some newer art from Tommy Yune.

Well asides from the Legioss' and the Treads, wasn't Art 3 mostly original work?

You guys need to tone down the disrespect. This will be a HUGE hit in South America.

I for one will keep my fingers crossed for a foreword by Tommy Yune.

I like the background illustration....looks like something I've seen recently....but I doubt this book will have much in terms of new original illustrations or artwork.....probably just a rehash of what I already own.....;) 

I appreciate good original artwork, especially if it is Macross-related, so will just wait and see what this actually turns out to be...

5 hours ago, SuperSenpai said:

Rereleasing Art 1-3 with some new content is exactly what they have talked about doing for some time now. This is probably it.

1 hour ago, Lorindor said:

Rereleasing Art 1-3 with some new content is exactly what they have talked about doing for some time now. This is probably it.

From around the time of the Robotech Academy kickstarter, maybe promoted as part of their revival effort if it was funded.

Edited by Einherjar

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Give them a chance, guys. :rolleyes: They've been living in this fantasy that they have ever since. And besides, they have to feed their families too. ;)

They've had too many chances.

*insert witticism about Darth Vader crushing some admiral's throat*

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, lykiat said:

Guys, just a heads up that this book is now available for pre-order for those that are interested. 

7692237.jpg

Edited by UN Spacy

ROBOTECH VISUAL ARCHIVE: The Macross Saga is the ultimate collection of artwork gathered from Robotech's first and beloved era ― The Macross Saga. Included in this epic tome are mecha designs, character artwork, pre-production concepts, key art, storyboards, a full episode guide, and more!

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

>snip<

let me pose a hypothetical situation: If these didn't say robotech on them and someone posted these in the fan works section saying "hey guys, what do you think of my fan art" what would you have to say about them then?

On 3/10/2017 at 1:23 PM, UN Spacy said:

I for one will keep my fingers crossed for a foreword by Tommy Yune.

As long as they don't let him make another Robotech movie, he can do whatever he wants. One Shadow Chronicles is enough.

3 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

let me pose a hypothetical situation: If these didn't say robotech on them and someone posted these in the fan works section saying "hey guys, what do you think of my fan art" what would you have to say about them then?

Were it fanart, I think we'd be nicer.  Don't get me wrong, it would still be very bad, but there is a difference between fanart and the output of a professional artist. One assumes comic book covers come from the later category... though I suppose I wouldn't put it past HG to do a search for "Robotech Macross" and start downloading images wildly, which would explain those first three.