The SDFM 40th Anniversary Pictorial Celebration through Diorama and Photoshop

jvmacross

• 5 months later...

Well, where were we?

Please do remeber to match the camera angle on the photo. Most camera angles in robot shows are low to the ground, as normal people would see these things. Unless it is an aerial shot, then naturally the camera will be above the subject.

58c4493c90bc7_lowcamerafinal.jpg.f8a985bc2a4ff5a7afe5a8d0de30abf7.jpg

Edited by vlenhoff

Thanks @Convectuoso!

On 5/18/2019 at 10:36 PM, jvmacross said:

I'd like to see this one....

Regult_Light_Missile_Carrier-2_Regult_Ta

I think this background would work for it.....

desert_background_stock_by_humblebeez-d3

With thre exception of the Scout Regult....everything else can be posed and photoshop'd into it...

next...

Edited by vlenhoff

22 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Well, where were we?

Please do remeber to match the camera angle on the photo. Most camera angles in robot shows are low to the ground, as normal people would see these things. Unless it is an aerial shot, then naturally the camera will be above the subject.

58c4493c90bc7_lowcamerafinal.jpg.f8a985bc2a4ff5a7afe5a8d0de30abf7.jpg

PA131516.JPG

versus:

PA131518.JPG

Thanks! As far as software it's photoshop and for settings I mainly mess with the image adjustment tools and just eyeball it...

technique.png

That's how I did these with an MG F-91 I made. The key is lighting, lighting, and more lighting (studies)...if that's not right (like shadows, hues and highlights) it will look more and more hacked together and less and less natural.

Welcome to the fun @Bobby

Yup, saturation, levels, lighting, it all counts. I like your shadows, but maybe i tad less saturation on the pods? All in all, it is a lot of fun, except for the cropping part. Maybe if the subjects were against a contrasty green or blue screen, it would be easier :rolleyes:

Edited by vlenhoff

Thanks SH9000, maybe we should wait for the Scout then. I am going to definitely get the scout too... if they ever produce it. I tried to get a Spartan from Amazon Japan, but they have not shipped it. I think they are out of stock. I don't know if i should cancel the order and order another one, but the price is now higher. This is only my second Amazon Japan order. 82 shipped was the best price i could get, but now i am not sure if they will ever fulfill my order. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha, now i realize the blue flames are different blues when compared to the animation still. Thanks guys, I am quarantined at home so I am working on all my art projects. I have to say, it would have been easier with a blue screen behind the valk, but meh, i had some time.

Thanks @sh9000 for the still pics.

24 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

From Episode 2: Countdown....As seen on TV!

Courtesy of @vlenhoffand @sh9000....

VF1SGIF.gif

large.VF1S-6.JPG.9fcf4e10ae29aa9a7c87f28

20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Ha, now i realize the blue flames are different blues when compared to the animation still. Thanks guys, I am quarantined at home so I am working on all my art projects. I have to say, it would have been easier with a blue screen behind the valk, but meh, i had some time.

Thanks @sh9000 for the still pics.

Bravo!!  :drinks:

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to The SDFM (soon to be)40th Anniversary Pictorial Celebration through Diorama and Photoshop

A scene from Episode 2: Countdown......As Seen on TV! 

Now you can recreate all of your favorite episodes with Bandai's new Hi-Metal R Macross Collection!!!  Protect the Earth from the Invading Alien Forces!!  Rescue Minmay and save the day!!!

Collect Them All!!! All Figures Sold Separately.  Toys shown may vary from actual product.  

large.1393065324_BandaiHMRcollectthemall

Edited by jvmacross