Should I trade my YF-30 for a 0D?

thetrollphysicist

On the basis of aftermarket prices only, i'd say keep the YF-30 and just keep a lookout for the VF-0D as the YF-30 is insanely overpriced currently, you may not be able to afford it down the line if you do decide to buy it again once sold.  The VF-0D on the other hand hasn't increased in price as much.

I sold my YF-30 at cost and do regret it sometimes, but not enough to pay current aftermarket prices for a replacement.

Recent VF-0D prices:

http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch;_ylt=A7dPGjIrkblYMQwAY2iuGDx8?p=1%2F60+VF-0D&aq=-1&oq=&x=30&y=27&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=0

Recent YF-30 prices:

http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch;_ylt=A7dPFtBvkblYvEUApPGuGDx8?p=DX+YF-30&aq=-1&oq=&x=35&y=25&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=0

YF-30 prices seem to be dropping vs. VF-0D prices......probably due to the VF-31 releases....

Due to short-runs on Arcadia VF-0's, I see the VF-0D prices holding steady if not creeping up over time....I'd sooner expect to see a re-issue for the VF-0A/S than the VF-0D due to the recent armor release, but that may cause the price of the VF-0D to take a downward hit...

I would say, currently, a trade between a YF-30 for a VF-0D would be fairly equal.  If neither gets a re-issue, I would give the edge to the VF-0D for future market price and disirability.

Edited by jvmacross

12 minutes ago, Archer said:

How might one purchase a VF-0D from yahoo auctions? I'm desperately trying to hunt one down right now, and don't mind paying a premium.

You can use proxy sites such as Tenso, FromJapan, or Buyee for Yahoo Japan Auctions. Personally I use Buyee for YJA. Good luck. ;) 

Looks like VF-0D is the new Holy Grail.

Edited by no3Ljm