WIP_VF_TOY

IamChris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. Congratulations on having a great idea and seeing it through to completion! Is it too late to request a female pilot option?

• 1 month later...

Whoa, wait a minute IamChris...did I just read "60 cm/23.622 in." in fighter mode? 

That's freaking waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy longer than a 1/48 VF-1 in fighter by almost twice the margin!! 

OK you gotta make this happen now; cool innovative designs, unbelievable articulation, hella weapons options, and...wait for it...BIGGER than a Yamato 1/48 in fighter?...

If you can get top quality & decent pricing as part of the formula, then consider me $OLD!!

On 3/18/2018 at 1:31 PM, claude grant said:

Whoa, wait a minute IamChris...did I just read "60 cm/23.622 in." in fighter mode?

I think he means the exploded view of every single part laid out is 60cm long

Pretty sure he means fighter mode is 60cm long. This is a transforming GI Joe Skystriker!

Don't want to contemplate the cost. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:06 AM, Sildani said:

Pretty sure he means fighter mode is 60cm long. This is a transforming GI Joe Skystriker!

Don't want to contemplate the cost. 

That sounds dumb as hell but whatever, ok.

Edited by anime52k8

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, IamChris said:

sorry anime52k8 that i have not stated clearly that the fighter mode length is 60cm.

What scale is this supposed to be in? 60cm is absolutely massive even at 1/48 scale.

yes, i have contacted third party china and taiwan manufacturers. estimate cost between 450usd-600usd. T_T

can get more pre-orders, price able to adjust lower(factory)....

ouch. I think the best thing to do if you want to actually get this manufactured and sold would be to simplify the design a bit. if you worked on simplifying some of the mechanisms and ditch some of the extravagant features you could seriously cut the parts count which will drive down the manufacturing costs a lot.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you render a video of this sexy beast spinning around in each mode and transforming? I'd love to see some of those mechanisms in action, but three digits before the decimal point is basically "nope forever" for me as far as being able to buy one is concerned.

re-edit: on second thought, this is a better example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhfsUCDXasQ

Edited by dialNforNinja

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We can’t let this thread die! @IamChris are you still on this project or can you make more 3D renders? 

I mean that the official release have nothing exiting to me, Arcadia takes their sweet time (3 years now?) to get a V2 mold out, Bandai is releasing the same thing again and again in different paint since 2-3 years. Third parties makes 1:72 diecast VF-1S, or Yamato copies...

At least this project is something freshening for Macross fans