Bandai Hi-Metal R: Xabungle!

treatment

Considering how much had to go into to make the various modes work while keeping the robot mode poseable I'm not surprised it's a little more expensive.

After all they didn't have 99% of the R&D already done for them like they did with the VF-1's

I had a cheap Xabungle toy back in the 80's.  I  had no idea what Xabungle was, but the packaging showed that it transformed, and that was all the reason I needed. I remember it could become the car and trailer, and it could split into the car and the legs became a poor semblance of the rover.  Like most 80's toys, articulation was nil; in fact, IIRC, the arms couldn't even rotate forward, but  were hinged to swing laterally parallel to the body for transformation.  The artwork on the packaging, like soooo many transforming toys in the 80's, looked dynamic and cool.  Seeing this new figure brings back memories of that old toy, but also shines alight on how much toy tech has progressed in the last 30 years. 

I'm not interested in getting this guy, but I have to admit that, for an older design, it's still pretty cool.

10 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Are you watching Dougram because of the HMR release? 

It was something I wanted to get to for a long time as a big Votoms fan but the HMR release was definitely the impetus to start. 

Apparently Xabungle is already sold out on Nippon Yasan... not sure when it went up but good price if you don't mind slow shipping.

Edited by jenius

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

moar dakka, okawara-style...
idpvm5nl.jpg

Got it about last week, after my pw expired.

Anyway, HMR Xabungle is ok and nice. My notes below:

-- Lotsa articulation.
    -- alot more parts and accessories than HMR Dougram.
    -- however, that means alot more parts to install/de-install and stuff than HMR Dougram.
    -- removable but static wheels on the arms and hips. they don't roll at all, and needs to be removed when installing arm-cannon.
    -- a bit fiddly shoulder-weapons installation.

Haven't done any of the transformation and prolly won't, either. Just cuz I've never really like the vehicle-modes and the wheels don't roll at all, anyway.

edit/add:

btw, unlike the front and hips flaps (and the Scopedogs'), the buttflap of Xabungle doesn't flip/rotate up and will get dislodged when the thighs hits it while moving the thighs backwards a bit. 

Edited by treatment

• 1 month later...